Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Thor replaced by a woman and Falcon is the new Cap?
Henchman
From Oxford Michigan
Level : 29; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 362 / 23033
I think Disney has lost its ever loving mind, they have decided to make Thor unworthy to wield his own hammer, and that Falcon will replace Bucky as the new Captain America. This after finally righting the idiocy of killing off Peter Parker and replacing him with Otto Octavius of all people. Where does the stupid stop? I remember when the announcement of Disney's purchase of Marvel was released all I asked was "Please don't ruin Marvel" instead here we are a dead Parker now resurrected and a chick wielding Thor's hammer cuz he's a bum now. Why couldn't they leave him as ruler of Asgard and have him say he could not keep his obligations to his people and Midgard and appoint a worthy successor? No we gotta make him a bum because if he is unworthy then all he can be is a bum. As for Sam isn't he already a hero and didn't he leave the Avengers because he felt cheated by affirmative action? Only NOW he's gonna fill the iconic shoes of the legendary Steve Rogers for no reason other than he's black? Lets face it he has no super anything, no peak human abilities like Cap, he's just a karate special forces guy who after all is said and done is NOT special at all. Why is Disney running Marvel (for the record I love Falcon and Sam Wilson. )

Posted on: 22 07 14 05:12 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Thor replaced by a woman and Falcon is the new Cap?
Henchman
From Oxford Michigan
I forgot to mention that for me, this has ruined Marvel for me and I'm done after 39 YEARS of being a fan. I just can't watch this shit go down as Disney puts my favorite characters in the toilet.

Posted on: 22 07 14 05:29 pm

"Hate on me but you can't deny skill." (Ill mind of Hopsin 4)

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
yeah i heard about this and said 'WTF?". Thank God i don't read comics as diligently as I used to or I'd really be pissed! While I personally have no issue with the Thor issue since he's not magically being transformed into a female. Others have wielded the power of Thor in the past [Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike]. But I really have an issue with making the Falcon into Captain America. Jeez. Has Falcon done enough to try and get out of the shadow of Cap already? Now you have to place even more burden on him by trying to make him live up to standards that he can't possibly fulfill. Don't get me wrong its not a racial thing [obviously since I myself am black ] But there should only be one Captain America and that's Steve Rogers. I hated ever other version from the sub during the 50's to the Bucky/Winter Soldier attempt. I don't see why Marvel feels a need to do this especially if they think it's the socially correct thing to do...No one is gonna accept Sam Wilson as Cap, especially me!

Posted on: 23 07 14 02:25 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72132
Thor as a woman. It was done years ago in the "Earth X, Paradise X, and Universe X" Loki had tricked Thor and transformed him into a woman. This may be the way they could be going now.

Falcon as the New Cap. Never did they say he was actually taking his place did they? This could very well be as part of a new Avengers West Coast, Keeping Both Captain Americas. After all, in all this, also add that they are moving Stark to the west cost for no reason.

Since they did "Marvel Now" I have only kept up with "All New X-Men"

Posted on: 23 07 14 07:50 am

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43550
Honestly, there's nothing I can say that won't make me sound sexist or racist, so I'll just say "DAMMIT DISNEY! What are you doing to Marvel?!?"

Seriously, like DW said, the female Thor has been done.. "Thorina" ring any bells? I don't know why they opted for the gender swap and hopefully it plays out as "a woman is found worthy of Thor's hammer". This could be a good thing..or it could go horribly wrong. Lots of fans are already in an uproar about it.

Sam Wilson as Captain America? I see what they're doing there. It's all about being P.C. and whatnot. Like his being Falcon wasn't good enough for Disney. From what I've read on it, Rogers survives his attempted assassination and passes the mantle onto his friend Wilson (Willlllllson!!! "Castaway" Moment) and decides to play mentor in the background... ala Bruce Wayne in "Batman Beyond". But from what I understood...said attempted assassination was successful. I don't know, I guess I've just been out of the "comic book world loop" too long.

I wonder what the next big plan is... A Mexican Human Torch? A male Black Widow? Maybe even making Magneto accepting of humans and breaking into song every ten minutes?

Posted on: 24 07 14 09:42 am

Henchman
From Oxford Michigan
Actually there was a hispanic human torch called Toro or some such (why not En Fuego is beyond me) Benito Serano. Alternate earth so it would just be another rehash

Posted on: 25 07 14 02:19 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
What I don't get is isn't Thor his name? Like Bob or Fred? How can a woman pick up the hammer and become Thor? Wouldn't she just be Betty?
Oh, and to really piss me off, rumors are running HIGH that they are about to kill off Wolverine. I am glad that I don't buy comics anymore because that would do it for me. I am luck that I have never liked Thor or Cap. So do what you want with them... but Wolverine? No Sir!

Posted on: 25 07 14 03:00 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58414
I kinda have to laugh at this thread. If you haven't been disillusioned by the corporate crap that Marvel and DC have been pumping out for decades before the "Great Female Thor Marketing Strategy of Twenty Fourteen", then why get bent out of shape now. Have you really been shoveling the shit they have been excreting down your gullet without gagging once since oh say the death of superman? Not to say there aren't accidentally good stories out there, but these characters aren't even these characters any longer. They are merchandizing machines. Also, why blame Disney, they aren't doing anything that Marvel hasn't already done. Marvel has been hardcore pimpimg these characters long before Disney got their mitts on them.

Posted on: 26 07 14 07:44 am

From Kentucky
Either this month or in the next few they will indeed be killing off Logan. I stopped reading comics when Magneto ripped the Admantium out of every pore of Wolverine's body. A few years ago I picked up a Previews and started with a few indie comics from issue one. then picked up the first issues from Marvel when they started Marvel Now. Instead of trying to keep up with every thing going on in the Marvel Universe and all the crossovers going on, I have stayed with "All New X-Men" I read Previews to catch up with brief glimpses of the marvel verse. Anymore I just take anything created these days as an alternate universe and just roll with it, just setback and enjoy the show. I find it a little refreshing from the Hollywood point of view. It has, for the most part, given us something new from Hollywood. They are not rehashes or remakes of movies from 20-30 years ago.

LOL
Marvel Owns Thor.
Thor is the son of Odin, a King.
Disney bought Marvel.
Thor is now a woman.
Disney now has a new Princess :)

Posted on: 26 07 14 05:01 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
Why isn't anyone mad that they killed off Archie? LOL

Posted on: 27 07 14 12:22 am

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36225
Marvel is becoming the New 52 with garbage like this! If you comic fans want to see superheroes get real respect I suggest you start collecting comics from Dynamite! Entertainment.

Posted on: 9 08 14 02:01 pm

From Kentucky
Thor has been found unworthy of the Hammer.It is found on the moon by this mystery woman who takes on the Mantle of Thor. Even Thor is not sure who this is (From the most recent Previews that came out at the Beginning of this month)

As to why Falcon is the new Cap. I still have nothing on that yet.

Posted on: 9 08 14 09:24 pm

Hopefully the new Falcon will be a woman.

Hell, this is Heromorph! They Should All Be Women!!!!

Posted on: 16 08 14 09:31 am

From Kentucky
AMEN!

Posted on: 16 08 14 04:30 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
Marsvel needs Women!

Posted on: 16 08 14 07:03 pm

Posted on: 17 08 14 02:47 pm

Shhh! I'm not here!
Level : 26; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 631
MP : 286 / 19523
Actually, I really don't see what all the noise is about...

Lemmesee...

Thor as a girl? Done that! ...at least times 3, that I can recall...
Heck! Thor was even a frog at some point if I recall correctly and I don't see any complaints.

Steve Rogers old and replaced as Cap? Done and Done!
Cap being a black dude? Also done! Heck! Even when John Walker took over Cap's mantle, he had a black guy as Bucky, altough changing his name to Battlestar after a few issues due to being racially offensive.

My opinion about this subject is, Marvel don't have any new ideas anymore and they are recycling old ones... Not the good ones but that's another story.

Posted on: 17 08 14 05:53 pm

From Kentucky
Personaly, I would love to see them pull more from the Earth X, Paradise X and Universe X stuff they did, or at least a build up that leads to it. Honestly though, I think because of the "All new X-men" series they have going now, will act as an emergency reset button to the entire marvel universe.

Spoilers: The original X-Men, the teen versions of Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Jean Grey were pulled from the past by present day Beast. The kids are stuck here in the present, being prevented from returning to their own time.

Because of this, Marvel can do what ever they want, kill off characters, mix teams up, gender/ racial bend characters. When they write themselves into a corner, they can just hit the emergency kill switch (Send the X-men back to their own time) and rewrite/undo/restart EVERYTHING they did. We will see how it plays out.

Posted on: 18 08 14 01:03 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
Finally saw images of the 'new' Captain America. Nope. Don't like it, don't like it one bit. Jeez they didn't even bother losing the wings which actually makes him Captain Falcon. I dont know what the hell Marvel is doing but they're really pissing me off by screwing with my favorite character.

Posted on: 21 08 14 02:28 am

Posted on: 21 08 14 05:50 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.