Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

what should be the next superhero movie?
Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36609
OK...In your opinion, what, or who, should the next superhero movie star? Give one for Marvel, and one for DC. and it needs to be someone NEW...Not one that's been done already.

For me, the Marvel 'SH' should be "Machine Man, AKA Aaron Stack"...there's a lot that could be done here. His thoughts on humanity...Man's thoughts about an 'Artificial Life-form' walking among us...which could lead up to how we, as a species, deal with 'alien beings' that will arrive here sooner or later.

As for the DC 'SH'...the "Doom Patrol". There was a lot that could have been done with the character pathos...their individual back stories...group interactions, etc. And, remember...'DP' came out about 3 months BEFORE the 'X-Men'!

OK! Take a swing at it...and let's see what or who pops up here...

Posted on: 30 01 13 08:24 pm

Re: what should be the next superhero movie?
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Are you kidding me? PoopMan all day long... he can be evil or... good-evil. Don't cross PoopMan!

Posted on: 30 01 13 11:18 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
Quote:

Wolf wrote:

For me, the Marvel 'SH' should be "Machine Man, AKA Aaron Stack"...there's a lot that could be done here. His thoughts on humanity...Man's thoughts about an 'Artificial Life-form' walking among us...which could lead up to how we, as a species, deal with 'alien beings' that will arrive here sooner or later.

As for the DC 'SH'...the "Doom Patrol". There was a lot that could have been done with the character pathos...their individual back stories...group interactions, etc. And, remember...'DP' came out about 3 months BEFORE the 'X-Men'!

i know you want to use characters that have never been used before..but really? Machine Man & the Doom Patrol? the idea with making an enjoyable comicbook movie is not to use characters so obscure and out of date that people say.."Who?"
true they may be interesting concepts for the avid comic fan but both titles failed miserably as comics. why? because THEY WERE BORING!
Honestly what does Machine man do besides elongate his limbs? and even if you included Beast boy and Vox in the Doom Patrol it still would have trouble. I mean are either of these characters even prevalent in their own comic universes anymore? and you expect someone to shell out $10 to see what would probally be a straight to video movie?
For me there's only 2 characters i'd like to see on the big screen...She-Hulk and the ever failing attempt at Wonder Woman.

Posted on: 31 01 13 12:08 pm

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54590
Marvel: Deathlok

DC: Wonder Woman

Posted on: 5 02 13 01:04 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36218
Seeing as how they'll probably never make a Wonder Woman movie in my lifetime I'd like to see DC/Warner make "The Titans movie". If done right it could come out after the Justice League movie.

From Marvel there's only one movie worth making "Squirrel girl"!!! (YOU KNOW I'm just kidding right?
From Marvel I'd like to see an R rated movie about Daimon Hellstorm the Son of Satan!

Posted on: 5 02 13 03:20 pm

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43544
Marvel: Moon Knight. And they've got to do it right too. None of this "change the story to suit the younger audience bullsh!t". If it's done right, it'll be awesome.

For DC: THAT is a tough one, but I'd have to go with The Flash. Of course, with baddies like Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, and The Fiddler going up against the fastest man alive... that movie has the potential to be a short film instead. So we pit him against an efficient team that can outwit him, match his speed, and give him choices no hero wants to make. Diffuse the bombs in various schools full of children in (insert DCU city here) from blowing up...or... diffuse the bombs in various train stations in various parts of the United States. That kind of thing. He's fast, but he's not that fast.

Posted on: 7 02 13 11:12 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Quote:

DarqueImages wrote:
Marvel: Moon Knight. And they've got to do it right too. None of this "change the story to suit the younger audience bullsh!t". If it's done right, it'll be awesome.

If they did it right... I would LOVE it. I use to really like Moon Knight. (I kind of forgot about him when I quit collecting.) I think I started my curiosity about drawing by trying to draw him. Lets make it!

DC.... I want a movie based solely on Harley Quinne. In her original outfit. Don't get me wrong, her Arkahm Asylum outfit was pretty sexy... but it's just not really true Harley.

Posted on: 8 02 13 09:01 pm

superhero
From Lincoln,NE
Level : 17; EXP : 32
HP : 0 / 408
MP : 114 / 15524
I would have to say Plastic Man for DC.

And for Marvel - She-Hulk, Attorney at Law.

And I'll throw one more in...I'd love to see a movie about The Tick!

Posted on: 9 02 13 06:34 pm
oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - The Tick

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
So far I really love everybody's choices (well, not so much Poopman ) even Doom Patrol and Machine Man. In defense of those 2 titles, Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol was both innovative and popular and an odd reinvention of the title. While not one of Kirby's greatest creations, Machine Man has had his moments as well. The 4 issue miniseries (AKA Machine Man 2020) by DeFalco, Trimpe and Windsor-Smith was well done and popular too.
My choices:
Marvel... sorry if I'm stating the obvious but Nick Fury... a fair amount of cast and background already established, it's got the potential to go even bigger than the Avengers.

DC: Lobo.

Posted on: 10 02 13 08:44 pm

superhero
From Lincoln,NE
Level : 17; EXP : 32
HP : 0 / 408
MP : 114 / 15524
Just a FYI, Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson is Lobo in the up and coming WB movie adaptation.

Posted on: 11 02 13 07:58 pm
oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - The Tick

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406
Marvel = Magik - This could be sick.
DC = Preacher - Another one that could kick all kinds of ass

There are so many great comics that are not Marvel or DC that would translate well into movies too. I would love to see some crazy manga shit turned into movies. Like Gantz, or Blame... there's a mind exploding film based on a manga title to be made.

What about independent comics as well? Locke and Key was going to be made into a "made for TV" trilogy at one point. That could still be great.

Posted on: 24 02 13 06:56 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
Don't forget Hack/Slash it was or is going to be made into a movie

Posted on: 24 02 13 07:02 pm

sidekick
Level : 6; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 137
MP : 19 / 7936
I tried not to choose stuff already in production so my choices might be odd...

Marvel:Ok bare with me here... The Constrictor. I'm not sure that the costume would work well but playing the character as an antihero,like he often is in the comics, and having him fight his way through a slew of minor villians would be fun.

Dc:Batman Beyond.Think of it as a pallette cleanser before the franchises reboot,or if things go well a spin off series. I think the premise translates well to film and the scifi blade runner-esque setting for a superhero film would be unique.

Posted on: 28 02 13 01:55 am

Gold Member
Level : 1; EXP : 21
HP : 0 / 5
MP : 1 / 176
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
Are you kidding me? PoopMan all day long... he can be evil or... good-evil. Don't cross PoopMan!

LMAO It'd probably be the year's highest-grossing blockbuster.

I'm not a Marvel fan, but can't deny I have enjoyed most of their movies the last couple years (except the Avengers...hated that movie). So anything they put out I'm probably up to seeing.

DC: Wonder Woman for me. Or Aquaman.

Posted on: 1 03 13 07:38 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.