Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

Re: X-3
Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53654
To paraphrase Bugs Bunny, "Well what did ya expect from the X-Men? A happy ending?"

Posted on: 30 05 06 01:40 pm

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52474
Sorry, Jr... didn't mean to spoil your life. But you know they all come back anyway. Now if you really want me to spoil something-- Vader was framed.

Posted on: 30 05 06 05:05 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

i seen it friday nite and i left before the credits ended so what did i miss..now the movie itself i liked it but was a little dissaponted in the juggernaut fisrt of all is'nt he charles half brother and he's not a mutant he was changed after finding some anicent artafact and i was really pissed that him and colosus did'nt duke it out how cool would that be will the big one is still to come superman returns i hope it dose'nt let me down

Posted on: 30 05 06 05:41 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85063
I think this is where not being a big marvel fan really pays off.

I never really followed the x-men except for the age of apokolips and the first 5 or six issues when Jim Lee started the new X-men title in the 90s.

So really I don't know the x-men history that well and I don't know most of the minor characters.

Hell I didn't even notice half these characters you guys are talking about even with the picture of Psylocke I don't remember her.

But why is this a good thing? you ask

Because I don't feel robbed. I thought it was a kick ass action movie with some cool powers and special effects.

But considering how bad they screwed up The Catwoman Mytho's I don't think you Marvel Fans have anything to be upset about.

Posted on: 30 05 06 08:05 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Heromorph's Computer Plague (invented twittering)
From a result of bad parenting
Level : 24; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 589
MP : 245 / 34670
Bored now....

tried to read all this....tooo much trouble.......

just get to the point.

only one I understoood was Winterr's

So,,,,,,,bottom line......was it cool to watch? story suck? yes or no? end of story.

I guess you can tell I am on the fence about this. Kelse Grammer? C'mon, sheeeshhh...

Posted on: 30 05 06 09:22 pm

I need constant supervision. Then I could see through chick's clothes.

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34865
MHO on some of the questions:
Colossus was probably hiding from the burning cars because of physics.
I assumed Psylocke was using her telepathy to make everyone not see her.
The cure darts could have had needles made of glass (makes about as much sense as plastic guns).
Wolverine found the camp by Jean guiding him with her mind.
I think the guy throwing bones out of his arms was supposed to be Marrow (but a male).

My personal view of the movie is the action was awesome, very comic-book style. Wire work sucked.
A lot of work was done to choose the right actors (even Kelsey Grammar fits the part).
Lots of references to X-Men comics that I enjoyed.

On the bad side, the plot is wafer-thin.
There are almost too many characters and most have very little character development, in fact all the previous main characters are marginalised and it soon becomes The Wolverine Show.
I also get annoyed when Wolverine stabs someone and there's no blood.

Action movie A+, compelling story D.

Posted on: 31 05 06 02:39 am

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33853
X3 is a promising rough draft.
The storyline, while not canon for the characters, is really pretty good.
The characters need to be fleshed out more, so that I'd care about them.
The special FX are great, but FX just for FX sake gets stale.
When is the final "polished" movie due out?

It's a shame it's making so much money. Paying well for mediocrity only encourages more mediocrity.

Posted on: 31 05 06 01:08 pm

mutant
Level : 11; EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 252
MP : 48 / 15230
my only comments...I think they tried to cram too much into 1 movie (the Dark Phoenix Saga could have been a trilogy unto it's self), and some characters (Rogue, Colossus, and Cyclops) got shorted on screen time. As to all the other changes from the comics, I can accept that as poetic license. And as to the death of characters, everyone of the major characters killed in this film have been believed dead before, and got better. Only Uncle Ben stays dead, true believes.

Now as to X-4, I vote for Apocalypse...

Posted on: 1 06 06 05:37 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81950
Blek, spit, scrape tongue, etc.... I can't get the bad taste out of my mouth. What a load of sh!t. Hmmmmmm... can you say "completely predictable?" Angel flies off... Dad gets chunked... Hmmm what will Happen, I wonder.... Phoenix comes back... my buddy (Not a big comic fan) asks "What the hell" I said don't worry... she'll be dead before the end of the movie...again. I do not recall the other 2 movies being so predictable. The only part of that movie that I liked was when Wolverine kept cutting that dudes arms off and they kept regenerating... and then I immediately thought of VL and her comment about Growing. I laughed real hard. OH, and I liked Phoenix's last stand... that was pretty cool too. As long as they are killing everyone off... I would have really liked to have seen Wolverine get all his adama... ademat... ah screw it... all his metal sucked out of his body by Magneto.... Now that would have been exciting. And did anyone else find Dark Phoenix hotter than Jean? Something about those blacked out eyes that was just... mmmm.mmmm. good. Oh, and Psylocke... if that was truly her, didn't have a mark on her face originally... so, did they have to put a mark on her face because of how crap-ily she was cast? That way people might recognize her?

Yeah, the fight scenes were top notch... but the movie as a whole... I want my $8.00 back.

Posted on: 1 06 06 08:40 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62811
I just saw it half an hour ago.

My problems with this.------
For starters, I have a problem with Magneto. And it's been a problem since movie one. He is the master of magnetism. He can control it down to an atomic level. So what makes them think plastic guns and cages and needles will do any good. I mean he snatched the iron right out of a guys body and destroys his cage with bullet-like projectiles. And instead of using the electromagnetic fields on earth to fly, he steps on a floating disc. Yes it was freakin awesome to see him rip a bridge up and move it. But the man could've lifted the damn island instead, if he wanted.

Rogue. Where's the spunky Rogue I remember? I already had a problem with her dating Iceman. In which case, Iceman gettin all freaky on Shadowcat didn't sit quite well either. But she LOST her powers, she didn't give them up.

Jean. Ok, right off the bat. That schitzo crap aggrivated me. Big deal, she killed Cyclops. He was a cannon fodder character to me anyways. And rule number one when dealing with Xmen. No one ever stays dead. Except Warlock and Thunderbird.

Oh, and the girl that did the shockwave clap. In the New Mutants there was a GUY named Rictor who could do that.

Finally, I definately had a problem with Juggernaut. That damn accent, no acknowledgement of his brother Xavier, and the fact that they didn't bother with the whole magical power instead of mutant deal. It did provide a funny however, when Shadowcat stepped out of his way and let him hit the wall.

Having said all this. Once again I'm stuck being the exception to the norm. I still enjoyed it and intend on buying it.

Posted on: 1 06 06 02:57 pm

Gold Member
On a slightly different note; while reading the special FX credits cast of thousands, I couldn't help but be even more impressed by what was accomplished by Ray Harryhausen.

Posted on: 1 06 06 08:51 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:
...was accomplished by Ray Harryhausen.

Gazoontight

Posted on: 2 06 06 11:29 am

Gold Member
snort snort, thank you

Posted on: 3 06 06 11:37 am

vigilante
Level : 3; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 4253
There were a few confusing parts, well when i say few I mean the whole damn movie.. Though I understood most of it cause I cheated and read the book based on the screenplay before the movie came out. But the movie did the xmen justice just a few bad eggs. Most of them being all the xmen that were baddies, bah.

The real drawback was my enthusiasm from the end of the book and the expectation of it happening in the movie... Completely different after the credits ending. Because movie, was ok ending buuuut the book badass cause well it had New Mutants such as Gambit, Danielle Moonstar, Sage, and my all time favorite CANNONBALL. That and the quote "Most of the kids here are mutants that will leave this school and go on with their regular lives, you are the chosen few to become Xmen"

Posted on: 5 07 06 12:42 pm

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52474
So you reccomend reading the book?

Posted on: 5 07 06 08:06 pm

vigilante
Level : 3; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 4253
Yes cause you cant have bad acting or casting in a book... the book was so detailed and was just like "WHOA" so yep...it isnt a huge book but it was some good stuff and had a lot of extra little goodies... like iceman moving into the mutant cure station on an icetrail and saves the day after pyro blows it up

Posted on: 17 07 06 09:23 am

NooB
From Minnapolis, Minnesota
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
The guy with the spikes coming out of his wrists in x-3 was Spike. Thats Storms newphew. They just don't mention it in the movie.

Posted on: 15 06 07 06:01 am

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24384
Quote:

outlaw2LK wrote:

- The 'cure' ammo that the soldiers were using all contained needles... So why did Magneto have no power against those?

the needles were probably a metal substitute.
Quote:

- Kid Omega!?!? Why the heck did he have Porquipine quills? What's up with changing his powers? Kid Omega Bio

I thought that was Spyke(Spike?).
Quote:

- How did Wolverine find the camp so easily?

probably his really good sense of smell and tracking abillities.

I was also dissapointed by the movie. I thought Singer shoulda stuck w/ x-men especially cuz superman was such a let down. The wold is against mutants but only fate is against superman. I also think rogue and storm had poor casting choises cuz they r the stongest female roles but in the movies they were both mousey and withdrawn.

Posted on: 1 07 07 10:24 am
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24384
Quote:

Thayne_LuC wrote:
Jean. That schitzo crap aggrivated me.

I totally thought they should just said she was possessed by something even if it wasn't some force that alluded to aliens.

Quote:
they didn't bother with the whole magical power instead of mutant deal.

I totally agree with not adding magic to the deal. these movies are supposed to be for X-men fans and regular movie goers. Magic is just to much weirdness for regular people.

Posted on: 23 08 07 09:24 am
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Once the thread leaves the front page for more than a month... I am pretty sure no one cares anymore. The movie is over a year old... Who cares.

Locked.

Posted on: 24 08 07 12:22 pm

Topic is Locked

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.