Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Who are you and Why are you here? (Lurkers Only!)
deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58625
I'm a curious guy. I see hundreds of members sign on each day and very few leave behind a mark as they pass. The active/vocal part of the HM community refer to you as lurkers (thus the the term in the title). Are you a lurker? How about telling us something of yourselves and what it is that draws you to Heromorph?

Posted on: 10 09 06 08:40 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Who are you and Why are you here? (Lurkers Only!)
mutant
From The Golden State
Level : 12; EXP : 28
HP : 0 / 282
MP : 58 / 15724
Personally, I enjoy the creative atmosphere of Heromorph. I wish I could draw, but alias, I cannot make a straight line with a ruler. I should probably submit a fan fiction or two, but with my job and my semi professional writings, I usually don't have the strength to type more any one or two words (check out my posts if you don't believe me).

I'm a big fan of comicbooks and the creations of their characters. Our modern day mythology, as it were.

Posted on: 10 09 06 08:52 am
?They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, for their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son.? ?Jor-El, Superman the Movie

mutant
From The Golden State
Nevermind, I just threw something up in the fan fiction section of the forum.

Posted on: 10 09 06 09:34 am
?They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, for their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son.? ?Jor-El, Superman the Movie

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 12
HP : 0 / 78
MP : 9 / 4621
I've been a member a while. I log in, look around (get my fix so to speak). Rarely do I post comments, usually someone has already made the comment I would have. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a lurker, that seems a bit... creepy, although obviously I identify with the label since I feel I need to defend myself.

I have no appreciable artistic talent, and I spend too much time trying to stay current in my job in what little spare time I have or spending time with family to try and pick up a pencil or attack Photoshop with a stylus. Weak excuse I know. I also have a guitar sitting in the corner collecting dust.

I appreciate the talent of the people who post here. Some of you simply do professional quality absolutely stunning work. I'm not sure that my praise would provide any motivation. When I see some place where I think I can contribute something meaningful I do.

Thanks.

Posted on: 10 09 06 12:24 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58625
Quote:

Bailey wrote:
I've been a member a while. I log in, look around (get my fix so to speak). Rarely do I post comments, usually someone has already made the comment I would have. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a lurker, that seems a bit... creepy, although obviously I identify with the label since I feel I need to defend myself.

I have no appreciable artistic talent, and I spend too much time trying to stay current in my job in what little spare time I have or spending time with family to try and pick up a pencil or attack Photoshop with a stylus. Weak excuse I know. I also have a guitar sitting in the corner collecting dust.

It's all good Bailey, there's no need to defend yourself.

Quote:
I appreciate the talent of the people who post here. Some of you simply do professional quality absolutely stunning work. I'm not sure that my praise would provide any motivation. When I see some place where I think I can contribute something meaningful I do.

Thanks.

Thank you Bailey... and speaking for all artists here (in one of the rare instances when I can) we want to hear from you. Tell us what you think, even if it seems redundant. We particularly feel this way about praise

Posted on: 10 09 06 05:01 pm

mutant
From The Golden State
You guys (and gals) rock!!!

Posted on: 10 09 06 07:01 pm

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43706
I am that thing you fear that lurks in the dark. I watch you while you sleep, I know what you are dreaming... and I wait. I wait silently while you slumber, feeding off of you..... your nightmares are euphoric to me... which is why I'm glad I can give you so many. I am "The Lurker"....
so thats what I thought of when I read that little term, of course I am not a lurker, I've been here since the beginning of HM and actually helped Hubcap amass a collection of avatars... I just have far more talent thatn I have time as of late. :(

Posted on: 10 09 06 08:28 pm

mutant
From The Golden State
Can I be the Lorax and speak for the trees?

Posted on: 10 09 06 08:48 pm

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25981
I come to HeroMorph Cos it, it's taught me so much. Like how you should accept people. Whether they be Marvel, DC, Top Cow or even female. But most importantly, when I didn't have any friends, it made me feel like I did

Posted on: 11 09 06 04:11 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85120
Um...None of you guys are really "Lurkers"..Well Bailey is pretty close. but quite frankly a lurker is like this guy. http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/userinfo.php?uid=17 He signed up to the site before I even did and is still a member, he has never made a comment or posted anything in the 3+ years he has been here.

That is a lurker. Alex, you post art, that makes you a non-lurker. Hardcase, you comment and post stories that again makes you a non-lurker.

But truthfully I think Bio is trying to trick the poor lurker into posting something thus making them contribute, making them a non-lurker.... He is a clever boy that Bio.

Posted on: 11 09 06 10:51 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

vigilante
From Toronto,ONT. Canada
Level : 3; EXP : 62
HP : 0 / 65
MP : 8 / 3657
I don't have a lot of posts to my credit, but the ones I do have are insightful & constructive...or at least opinionated. I like to browse the art on this site. I do draw comic-book style line/pencil art and it's getting better; some I would now consider posting, but I don't have a computer & the computer's I do have access to do not have scanners. I'll do something about that soon; I'm thinking a laptop as a Christmas present to myself: fully loaded, yo. As for photomanipping, forget it. I'm in awe of it & will look at it for hours but I'm a pencil guy.
Oh, I hope this is not a fake amnesty or entrapment to trick lurkers into exposing themselves to hazing. I would then be forced to conclude this site was actually a shill for our efficient, benevolent, competent, responsible Canadian government.

Excelsior,

GG

Posted on: 11 09 06 03:16 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72398
Perosnlay I would like to hear from the Lurkers of Heromorph just for a fresh opion on what you like and don't like about a piece of work. As Artist we tend to rely on feedback from the same artist we ask and once that is done we don't realy improve. So let us know what you like and don't like

Posted on: 12 09 06 10:19 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82006
Hello... My name is Jr. and I am a Lurker.
**hello JR!!!!**

Yup... I have to agree with WH on this one... no one here is really a Lurker... But do Lurkers actually read the threads? I really don't think so... I think they are here to look at pictures and that is it...

But hey... someone might say something...

Posted on: 12 09 06 02:19 pm

NooB
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
Some time ago, I was surfing the net, looking for wallpaper art, & I came across Heromorph. The photomanipulations caught my eye, & artwork was equally engrossing, often of professional caliber (to my very unprofessional eye). I do read the forum, & I find the topics interesting & entertaining. Frankly, it never occurred to me to comment, since i have no artistic talent; do rave reviews improve the quality of the artist's work?
I apologize . . . certainly the effort & results are appreciated. Heromorph features a variety of exceptional talent, updated with astonishing frequency, to a greater extent than any other site I have found.
Thanks to all the contributors, &, please, have patience with
your silent fans.

Posted on: 12 09 06 10:57 pm

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62854
GreenGuardian and Offguard.......

If you were to take a look at my hm gallery and my comic art gallery....... You'd notice that I as well am primarily a penciler. What I did that's in the HM gallery was just to prove I could do it. What's in the comic art gallery, if you dig you'll find how I started and may even see a progression in skill or even style. As an example, someone mentioned my problems with hands and if you look you can tell that I've been trying to work on that problem. Hell, when I posted that Nexus, I kept finding issues myself. But someone praised it in such a way that it made the whole thing worthwhile to me. So yes, your comments and praise does help.

Posted on: 13 09 06 05:19 am

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50824
Even as an artist, I often feel awkward leaving a critique on another artist, especially when the artist is way better than me. But I figure, if I see a way that a picture could be better, I can only help them by telling them about it.

Posted on: 13 09 06 03:02 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82006
Quote:

Dar wrote:
But I figure, if I see a way that a picture could be better, I can only help them by telling them about it.

Not like they will listen to you.

Sorry... couldn't resist.

And no GG we are not trying to lure Lurkers out to haze them... it is much more fun to do that behind your back. I kid.

Posted on: 14 09 06 09:24 am

vigilante
From Toronto,ONT. Canada
Level : 3; EXP : 62
HP : 0 / 65
MP : 8 / 3657
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:

And no GG we are not trying to lure Lurkers out to haze them... it is much more fun to do that behind your back. I kid.

I like being hazed from behind. I guess that makes me a backhoe.

Posted on: 19 09 06 02:26 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67900
I never really thought about things from a "lurker's" perspective before. I don't consider myself a lurker [eventhough I don't frequent the site or comment nearly as much as I used to], most people here know me and have seen my work. I don't think 'lurker' is a fair assessment of people who visit but don't post. I would rather think of them as 'fans' or 'admirers'. That's exactly what I was when I first joined years ago. Seeing posts by Jr., Android, Optical and Bio brought me back day after day.,,eventhough it would be months before I posted anything or even said one word. Perhaps these so called lurkers are in awe and struck speechless or maybe they just fear ridicule. It don't matter in the long run cuz all artists are a little introverted and keep to themselves at times..so that would make us all lurkers to a certain extent.

Posted on: 19 09 06 05:48 pm

NooB
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
I am pretty much the epitomie of a 'lurker' (even though i hate the term). I've had an account since sometime last year and have yet to post anything. Ever. But I come here because I am a huge fan of comic books/movies/etc. and I enjoy seeing the huge spectrum of talent that is on this site when it comes to the various types of artwork. Granted, the likelyhood of me ever coming up with something of my own is highly unlikely since I have next to no artistic ability when it comes to photoshop/poser/drawing and when I have gone to try my hand at it I have left behind tons and tons of unfinished projects in my wake. I hope to change that sometime in the near future should my school schedule provide me an opportunity to actually start/finish something. But keep up the great work with the site and keep that excellent art coming! Hell I may even try and start leaving comments every so often...

Posted on: 20 09 06 01:06 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.