Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

One Bullet
Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62802
I have a friend at work who's been going on about a series Marvel is doing called One Bullet. Apparently, because of one bullet, the entire Marvel Universe is thrown upside down.

He's been telling me things like Peter Parker becomes the Hulk and Steve Rogers becomes Iron Man.

Has anyone checked this out? What's the deal?

Posted on: 21 12 06 10:20 am

Re: One Bullet
Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41407
Well, the deal is pretty much what you said it was. It's sort of a new "What if?" series.

Posted on: 21 12 06 10:35 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)
Create PDF from Post Print

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51631
I found this on the web:

Bullet Points
Bullet Points is a five-issue comic miniseries that debuts in late 2006. It examines the consequences of one bullet in the Marvel universe over the course of decades.

Also, from the Marvel site:

Bullet Points #1 - World War II. America needs a super soldier. Only one man possesses the formula to create the perfect fighting machine from volunteer Steve Rogers. But when a deadly bullet kills Dr. Erskine along with his bodyguard, M.P. Ben Parker, Steve?s destiny?and that of the Marvel Universe?is changed forever.

Bullet Points #2 - With military policeman Ben Parker killed during the assassination of Dr. Abraham Erskine (the developer of the Super Soldier serum), Peter Parker has become a disenchanted teen, angry at the world. After he wanders in front of the path of a gamma bomb test, how dangerous does the combination of a lonely, angry boy and the lethal power of a rampaging Hulk-ish monster become? Steve Rogers, the WWII hero known as Iron Man, is about to find out.

Bullet Points #3 - The story of an alternate Marvel Universe, changed by a single bullet, continues to unravel! Peter Parker?now transformed into a hideous Hulk?battles Iron Man, Steve Rogers, to the death and scientist Reed Richards blasts off towards his ultimate destiny as the world?s greatest super spy!

Bullet Points #4 - The ripple effects continue through JMS and Tommy Lee Edwards? alternate Marvel Universe. What strange twist will lead to the creation of the Spider-Man, who will replace Steve Rogers as the new Iron Man and what monumental presence threatens the very existence of humanity?

Bullet Points # 5 - The incredible conclusion of the story of the Marvel Universe turned on its side after one bullet changes the entire course of history during World War Two. With the fate of the Fantastic Four drastically changed, what hope does Earth have in the face of Galactus, the destroyer of worlds?!

Posted on: 21 12 06 10:41 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62802
Yeah well, I figured someone might entertain the thought. I mean How would this affect the Inhumans? Or even the Xmen?

Posted on: 21 12 06 10:53 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81950
How *bleeping* gay is this sh!t. Man, I am so glad that I quit collecting comics.

Quote:
But when a deadly bullet kills Dr. Erskine along with his bodyguard,

WTF? So, one bullet got them both? Hmmmm... yeah... OK.

And Peter Parker was WWII age? Or did "iron man" live well past his time? I really can't believe that I once collected Marvel comics. Sounds to me that they are writing for the movies now... considering that the movies can't make a good comic movie... might as well that the comics not make a good comic.

Posted on: 22 12 06 08:28 am

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33853
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
I really can't believe that I once collected Marvel comics. 'Man, I am so glad that I quit collecting comics.' Sounds to me that they are writing for the movies now... considering that the movies can't make a good comic movie... might as well that the comics not make a good comic.

Sayeth JR, who recognizes and expounds upon marketing ploys in the Marvel multi-verse, which is as lame as the departed and resurrected DC multiverses in the name of the worship of revisionist history and the almighty dollar.

Amen

Posted on: 22 12 06 11:58 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81950
Quote:

jediadept wrote:
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
I really can't believe that I once collected Marvel comics. 'Man, I am so glad that I quit collecting comics.' Sounds to me that they are writing for the movies now... considering that the movies can't make a good comic movie... might as well that the comics not make a good comic.

Sayeth JR, who recognizes and expounds upon marketing ploys in the Marvel multi-verse, which is as lame as the departed and resurrected DC multiverses in the name of the worship of revisionist history and the almighty dollar.

Amen

I really can't believe I once collected DC comics...
They all suck now... kinda like that Wonder Woman movie that is going to come out... SUCK!!!!

Posted on: 25 12 06 08:16 pm

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33853
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
... kinda like that Wonder Woman movie that is going to come out... SUCK!!!!

Forgive him Oh Great and Wunnerful Wunner Womun thread;
He mocketh out of love and knoweth noteth what he doeth
Ameneth!

Posted on: 27 12 06 07:48 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.