Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Top tens of the 2006
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84827
You know after every year, I take a look back at the images I posted and try to see if I have improved, out of the stuff I did here are my top ten personal favorites of my own work.

What are your favorite images that you created this year?
Post some links and lets take a look (even if you don't have ten images from last year, post some links to your own favorites.)

Posted on: 3 01 07 03:25 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Top tens of the 2006
Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51479

Posted on: 3 01 07 06:42 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58414
I generally don't look back that often, but this past year was a little crazy for me and I had a couple of fun break-throughs.

This one kind of had me trying to do something "normal" which I thought came out reasonably well.

Working with Lord K was a real learning experience. I found by trying to form someone else's vision into a work that met my artistic sensibilities to be a real challenge.

What a trip this was to try to create a photo-real manga character. Masamuni's detail heavy, high stylized works have always been an inspiration to me.

Though no one really seemed to respond to the image (or wanted to alter it to fit their vision) I enjoyed the exercise of creating this character while leaving the actor relatively unaltered.

These next two were just pure fun to do.

I found this to be real fun, and was fortunate enough to be able to have it come out looking reasonably like the Michael Turner image that inspired it.

This was just a ton of work and I learned another ton during the making of it.

This is one of my favorite collaborations of all time.

Unfortunately I can't show you the thumbnail for this one, 'cuz it is one of the sickest thing I ever done and a great tribute to a great guy
Hawg Day

I hope my 2007 turns out to be as fruitful in artistic growth, but less so in drama

Posted on: 3 01 07 07:21 pm

King of the Silly Swingers(HFC)
From The Armpit of Pennsylvania
Level : 22; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 530
MP : 195 / 31736
Oh, well. Here goes. Outta the fifty-some-odd pictures I did this year, here are the top ten:

#10 An underrated piece. I tried to go for a comic look with action, but alas, lack of the female form and bad resolution from shrinking it down doomed it!

#9 Another really underrated piece. Modeling a Poser character to look like a real-life counterpart is a lot harder than you would think. And I think I did justice to Summer Glau.

#8 I really played around with camera angles and lens adjustments on this one. It even deviates from my "fou-panel" style!

#7 A nice simple portrait of Fire. I just like the way this came out with the flame in her hand.

#6 I liked the look and the character interaction. A real "snapshot" kind of picture.

#5 How could I not include an image that made the "Heromorph Top 100 for 2006"? This one is a "Members Gallery" piece (no pun intended), though. So delicate eyes should not click this link:
HEROMORPH MEMBERS GALLERY IMAGE

#4 Another one from the "Superhero Smackdown". I really liked how the characters came out: Sexy and funny!

#3 The image that broke through the glass ceiling! The first Members Gallery image to crack "Lady Heromorph's Top Ten Picks of the Week"! Whoo-hoo!!!
HEROMORPH MEMBERS GALLERY IMAGE

#2 Yup, another one from "Superhero Smackdown". This one pretty much epitomized my style: a four-panel comic with humor and facial expressions!

#1 This the pic that got me back in the swing of posting here at Heromorph! I really liked the way the expressions came out on this one. The prop paperback came out better than I expected, too.

Posted on: 3 01 07 08:57 pm

Gold Member
From Ontario, Canada.
Level : 18; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 435
MP : 130 / 25652
Hey y'all... Wasn't it a Great Year? I know it was, and I think... looking back at some of my work, I have come up with some interesting images... I am my own worst Critique, but Please, feel free to leave feedback on any of my pics that you may have missed...

Here's Se7en's Top 10 of 2006...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aria Giovanni as ... "Multiple Woman"
I didn't know if I was going to pull off any similarity between all of the costumes in this pic... I tried, and this is what came out...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aria Giovanni as ..."Multiple Woman"
And having said that, I am really dreading the revised version... It's gonna take so bloody long!!
Aria Giovanni as ..."Rhino"
I had tremendous fun with this one... It was my first attempt at applying any sort of texture to a costume...
Beauty and the Beast...
No offense, but it was fun turning the beautiful Luba into "Sasquatch"... lol, and very difficult, the fur was alot harder to create than I thought... resulting in the "I Used A Blow Dryer Tool" look... Also, If you look carefully, you'll see that I had my little logo leaf guy interect with this pic... I personally feel that it was the highlight of the image...
"Mystique"...
This one here is one of my personal fav's... I think the model was Veronica Zemanova, if I'm not mistaken...
"Simple yet effective."
Dave Batista as ..."Superman"
I enjoyed creating this image, it was a change from all of the "Cross-Gender" pieces that i was spitting out at the time... I was attempting to make the image of Dave stand out from the background image of Chris... I think it worked out well...
Asia Argento as ..."She-Hulk"
A bit smaller than I would have hoped for, but(no pun intended), it was different from what I was posting at the time...
My First Poser...
I now have THE HIGHEST RESPECT for anybody who has mastered the Poser programs... still, a little too technical for Se7en... I may give it another go in the future.
"Phoenix Rising"...
Another pic with Luba... This time it was for an "X-Men 3" inspired work. The wings and flames were all done by using a smudging tool...
Taking in the Game...
And finally, this piece was a first for me, I really liked how it turned out like an oil painting...

OK OK I'm done, but before I go back to the maniping board, I want to thank everyone here for being a HUGE HELP and Inspiration in many of my works...

*bamf*

Posted on: 3 01 07 11:10 pm

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41289
Well, since I didn't do 10 pics this year, I'll have to settle for a "Top 7 of 2006".

First up is my only manip of the year. It was posted just before x-mas, to continue my "X-mas Special" series for the third year.
Zatanna - wishing you a magical X-mas (by DM711)
This didn't get anywhere near the attention of my previous manips, which kind of proves what I've been saying for a while: old school manipping is dying. Sour grapes, I know.

Halloween 2006: Trick or Treat at the Powers' House

Spidergirl & Spidermonkey

Ant-Man and the Anteater

Batman is Busted!

Dark Rabbit

Namor -done right

Mostly un-inked, un-colored drawings from me this year... Sorry about that. Maybe 2007 will be more productive? Or maybe I'll get moved to the "dead artist-section"... who knows?

Posted on: 5 01 07 06:22 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62628
1. Latest piece done for Raddar in return for his Secret Santa. Came with some realizations on Quality vs Time. Am thinking how to step it up further.

2. Had a happy accident here. Was meaning to use Gaussian blur and accidentally hit Motion Blur. It looked great so I still use it.

3. I noticed one of the people on jimlee.net complaining about Whilce Portacio doing so many speedlines in his work. I also was starting to break away from comic book picture references. The reference for this is actually a 3D render.

4. Great game. First try on breaking away from comic book picture references. It even stunned ME once I stepped back and looked at it.

5. Just for the practice. Just to see if I could do it. And how many have the balls to take on something that big?

6. This one is a remake of a drawing I did back in highschool. So yeah it has a special place in my head. Having it digitally colored is just even more kewl. Add to that Bio gave me an eye opener when he sent the psd and I got a look under my flats. The next step from this is to see this same pic, but in 3D.

7. Someone saw this and said "it looks enough like the joker" Are you kidding me???? How much closer can you get???? I've seen several Jokers out there and they all look psychotic, but they are missing the funny. I like what I consider to be the traditional joker. The joker I know makes me laugh even tho I know he's nuts. I don't want Hannibal Lector in green and white face paint! I want Ceasar Romero with Mark Hammil's voice dammit!

8. Finally, I got to do something besides a comic book!

9. If your art takes a drastic turn into the abyss, can it still look good?? I guess the answer is yes. My style started noticably changing and this was one of the wowzers.

10. I like almost everything about this picture so I can't think of much to say other than "eat that fookers!"

Posted on: 5 01 07 09:11 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.