Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

Heromorph's superhero Smackdown round 3
web master
From Canada
Level : 11; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 268
MP : 53 / 13083
OK everyone that posted an on Script image for round 2 should have the scripts for round 3. Android has been giving a free pass to this round as he has been performing extra services as the lady heromorph artist.

If you posted an on script image and didn't get a script please PM me right away.

All round 3 images must be posted before Sept 30th 2007.

You only need one on script image per month to stay in the contest. Images depicted can be from any part of the script you want.

Also please remember that the fictional game shows results are predetermined by the script. the real contest is about art and humor. and results are determined via a poll.

Have fun.

Let the Smackdown round 3 Begin!!!

Posted on: 1 09 07 01:36 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Heromorph's superhero Smackdown round 3
superhero
From Massachusetts
Level : 14; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 336
MP : 79 / 16944
Here's a question: Are we allowed to disregard uses of our characters by other artists if we consider them blatantly out-of-character?

Posted on: 9 09 07 10:50 pm

web master
From Canada
Level : 11; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 268
MP : 53 / 13083
as long as the image takes place during the script and doesn't break one of the three rules of the smackdown. it counts and it will be included in the write up. Now wether you actually make a response to the image is completely up to you.

But that is half the fun of the smackdown.

Posted on: 10 09 07 08:03 am

Gold Member
From If you don't know by now don't ask!
Level : 29; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 705
MP : 369 / 40598
Come on its just a game, I mean BB3 can't even get my characters colors right, but I am not complaining. Others can't get Mary Marvel right, that is all part fo the fun of this. I am still waiting to see wht can be done with my character, I think that would be the best form of praise that someone used my character in a render!!
Jsut remember if he does something to your character do something to his!!!!! Look at BB3 and DarkBlade!!!!! They are all over each other and you don't see them bitching that their character isn't suposed to be like that.
It's all good just sit back and have fun like this is suppoed to be!!!!!

Posted on: 10 09 07 11:44 am
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47974
Quote:

Gnostic85 wrote:
Here's a question: Are we allowed to disregard uses of our characters by other artists if we consider them blatantly out-of-character?

Well, as MC said it's up to you to make a response or not. I think that perhaps the problem is that since there is no rule stating that artists must inqure to other artists about their characters that most of us are probably just going by what was given in the beginning with the pinups and interviews. The people using established characters are easier since we can all just use what we already know about those characters or look up whatever we don't. Those of us like myself, MC and you Gnostic are using our own characters, so it's harder for the others to get them right unless we give them something to work with and the less we give them the tougher it is for them to use our characters. I don't know how much you've established for Ruse, but it seems as if you're just now giving us more to work with. In my own case Mindwave wasn't that fleshed out when I started this, but I've been doing some thinking lately and have added some things to her that I haven't revealed yet, but soon will. So, that gives us an advantage that those using established characters don't have in that if they've done something with your character that doesn't fit your vision then you can always just do your own piece to negate that.

Posted on: 10 09 07 09:25 pm

Hellfire Club Member
Level : 19; EXP : 69
HP : 0 / 467
MP : 150 / 23252
if you didn't mean for her to be interpreted as an assassin, then you shouldn't have said she assassinated people sometimes in her interview.

If you assassinate people that would make someone and assassin, just as if you deliver the mail that would make you a mail man.

Posted on: 11 09 07 05:47 pm

sidekick
Level : 6; EXP : 12
HP : 0 / 128
MP : 17 / 6283
Hey, I'm interested in doing something collaborative for my Round 3 submission. If anyone would be interested in doing something with Black Adam, please PM me and we'll come up with something hopefully cool and funny.

Posted on: 15 09 07 05:31 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81950
Quote:

bonds0097 wrote:
Hey, I'm interested in doing something collaborative for my Round 3 submission. If anyone would be interested in doing something with Black Adam, please PM me and we'll come up with something hopefully cool and funny.

Sure... lets get busy....errr... never mind... I didn't enter. And the character I was going to use was killed in such a lame, yet funny way by Darkblade... just tell me it was Fire that stepped on Stickman... how appropriate would that have been. Oh wait.. you said it was Mary Marvel didn't you.... Bastard.

On a side not... as a spectator looking in on this competition and threads... you guys sound like a bunch of fighting school girls.... knock it off before I have to get the yard stick and beat the skirts off or y'all.

Posted on: 18 09 07 11:56 am

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
So, where are all the entries for this round? Has anyone else done anything? Septemeber is almost over.

Posted on: 22 09 07 12:40 pm

my on script pics have been posted weeks ago

Posted on: 22 09 07 03:59 pm

Hellfire Club Member
Level : 19; EXP : 69
HP : 0 / 467
MP : 150 / 23252
I did my on script entry as well, i've just been really freakin' busy. hopefully I'll get another one end by the end of the month.

Posted on: 23 09 07 10:39 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85063
September is a really busy time of the year for most people. but just think of it this way...we will all get a lot of people to kill

Posted on: 23 09 07 10:41 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

i know all bout busy i work 2 full time jobs back to back monday thru friday 16 hrs a day the smackdown is bout the only art i'm doing right now

Posted on: 23 09 07 01:31 pm

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Quote:

virtueismyname wrote:
i know all bout busy i work 2 full time jobs back to back monday thru friday 16 hrs a day the smackdown is bout the only art i'm doing right now

I hear that! I used to do the same thing last year. Fortunately I don't need to do that anymore now. In my case, even though I've got the time, the Smackdown is pretty much all I've done artwise also. However, with October coming up I'll be doing the Smackdown and a Halloween project so I probably won't be posting as much in the next round.

Posted on: 23 09 07 09:45 pm

superhero
From Massachusetts
Level : 14; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 336
MP : 79 / 16944
Could we have a list of who's met the script-pic requirement for Round 3?

Posted on: 30 09 07 09:50 pm

From Canada
The full list

BB3
Skurge
Masterchief
Virtueismyname
Darkblade
bonds0097
Gnostic85
Vagabondx
Darthpaul
Winterhawk

Have all posted at least one image that was on script or close enough to the script that we can consider it to be on script.

Players eliminated this round are

Android
Biohaz Daddy
Exador

on a side note, I haven't really had time since Sept hit, with the kids back in school and their after school activities starting back up again, I just haven't had time to manage the smackdown or update the thumbnails on the challenge page this round. I have nothing prepared for the write up or the round four script so please be patient and I will get those thing out to you as soon as I can, I asked for help but I am assuming the other moderators are just as busy as only Bio was able to assist with the thumbnails that are on display currently.

Posted on: 1 10 07 08:15 am

hold on a minute bb3s pics were not on script not even close...but if this is how its going to be then go ahead and kill virtue now..i posted 3 on script images almost everyone else took the chep way out...so just consider me done i work 16hrs monday thru friday and goto my kids football games on the weekends and still managed to follow the script...if people are going to get special treatment for halfass attepts then forget about...

Posted on: 1 10 07 05:42 pm

From Canada
this image http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum4/photo.php?lid=1933. however lame was on script. No special treatment was given. If you do not want to take part in the next round that is your choice.

Posted on: 1 10 07 07:11 pm

well i agree with you about it being lame...but please explaine to me how that image is on script there is no mention of the scavegner hunt ,england just the 6 hour rest period..and bb sez i'm not doing round 3 i'll go play madden wtf is up with that..its bull sh&t other people put in alot more effort and once again he squeaks by ans i'm not playing any more i agree with other members here when they say this years smackdown is lame..almost everyone is ignoring the scripts or just being lame i've been trying very hard to post on script pics and trying to show action,humour and some kind ofbackstory and sub plot..so i'm sorry i can't do this any more if every one else is going to half ass it..so go ahead kill him... i like my character and i'm going to further develope him and do some comics

Posted on: 1 10 07 07:30 pm

From Canada
I agree a lot of other people did indeed put a lot more effort into their images and each round then BB3 did here.

It is on script because in the script it does mention a mandatory rest period of 6 hours.

first line of the script

Quote:
After the last Leg of the race. All the contestants have an 6 hour waiting period were they can eat drink sleep etc. they leave in the order they arrived.

unfortunately for you this does make the image on script. I do not think BB3 will win over any votes and have a feeling that the poor performance will carry over into the final results for the contest as a whole. However, he did have strong round 1 qnd 2 images and turn out so if he pulls off a good round 4 he still has a chance.

Posted on: 1 10 07 07:41 pm

Topic is Locked

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]