Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

computer question 4 R resident techno wizards
Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36719
OK...I'm not a computer genius...but, I know we have some here:

A friend sent me several movies in chunks, ie, a 700Mb movie cut up into 3 or 4 parts. They are in ".AVI" format, and what I'd like to do is get them all hooked together so that they are the full-length movies, and I can watch them without having to go to the next folder. ( Poor Ilsa! Cut up like an orange! )

So, my question is this: do any of our techno geniuses know of any free / shareware programs that will help me on this? Or am I gonna be stuck watching these 'B-movies' one part at a time?

Appreciate any help on this subject.

Wolf

Posted on: 6 10 08 06:15 pm

Re: computer question 4 R resident techno wizards
superhero
Level : 19; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 456
MP : 143 / 22700
The windows movie maker can join avi files together. I'm pretty sure it comes with most versions of xp, otherwise it's free to download from microsoft.

Posted on: 6 10 08 07:04 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50790
I was looking for something similar myself recently. The problem I ran in to with windows movie maker was that I could only save the video as a wmm project file. I did find something that let me save as an .avi though -

http://www.movietoolbox.com/joiner.html

Posted on: 6 10 08 08:44 pm

Many times when I need something like this I go to http://www.tucows.com/. Some good stuff there though it might take a few trys to get something you will like. A lot of free, share, and trial versions of things.

Posted on: 7 10 08 07:53 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58584
It's really kind of pointless to join them all together. If the files are sequentially named and are placed in the same folder, all you have to do is select them all, right click the first one, and choose play. Windows Media Player will play them in sequence.

Posted on: 7 10 08 06:38 pm

Gold Member
From Massillon, Ohio
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 31779
If they are all parts of the same file in chunks, which means split. Usually this is a (filename).001.avi, or something to that effect. Search the net and find a program called HJSplit. Then put all your files into one folder. Open HJSplit and choose join file. Point this to the folder where the .001 file and the rest are kept. The progam will do the rest here, it will find the rest of the peices in the folder and join them. Its Freeware. :) Hope that helps.

Posted on: 8 10 08 01:02 am

Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36719
Quote:

Daruma wrote:
I was looking for something similar myself recently. The problem I ran in to with windows movie maker was that I could only save the video as a wmm project file. I did find something that let me save as an .avi though -

http://www.movietoolbox.com/joiner.html

Yep, it worked for me, Daruma. I tried Wolverine 107's idea of HJ Split...but, it could not locate them. This, however, did a fine job of hooking them together. Now, I can watch all three "Ilsa" movies without pausing to open another folder. ( Big Dyanne Thorne fan...Maximum M I L F with HOOTERS! ) Hope my copy of Nero 7 can burn them onto dvds for me

Thanks for all the help, Brother HM'ers

Posted on: 8 10 08 04:06 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.