Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Going Crazy Making Avengers
Gold Member
From Lima, OH
Level : 20; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 485
MP : 162 / 22629
I'm at the end of my rope here. I've been trying to do an Avengers image for months now, but several factors keep standing in my way.

1. I've got the costume texture for Captain America and his shield, but I can't find the damned head wings ANYWHERE.

2. I've got a decent looking Thor built up, but it's Ultimate Thor and I'm going for CLASSIC Avengers here. Trouble is, nobody seems to have ever, in the history of the M3 figure, made a texture for Classic Thor.

3. Thor's Hammer. I found a decent looking Mjolnir over at www.animotions.com, but I can't get the damned thing to work. It won't load at all, and it makes Poser freeze with me unable to save my work. I've gone through 2 different versions of Thor because of this.

4. Wasp. Got a good costume texture for her courtesy of our very own Peter Cotton. However, the wings simply do not exist for download anywhere anymore.

Hulk and Iron Man I've got covered.

If anybody has any textures they've developed, or props they'd like to share, or even links to any props and/or textures that will help me out, I'd GREATLY appreciate it. You will be helping me to get rid of a three month long headache. For those that have what I need, my email address is thestarkiller01@yahoo.com. I appreciate any and all help I get on this, and I'll be keeping a list of the people who helped me and what they helped me with so that I can credit you in the final image.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you can help me.

p.s. Disregard #3. I got it working, but it would've taken too more time to erase and renumber everything than it would for me to just type this little p.s.

Posted on: 29 10 08 09:31 pm

Re: Going Crazy Making Avengers
Hellfire Club Member
From The Muggy Depths of Amerika
Level : 19; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 450
MP : 139 / 22422
well, on cap's wings i got nothing. the best i can say, is to find some posable or propped angel wings, and scale them down to fit. or go for ultimate cap, but since you already said you weren't, guess thats no help.

for the wings, i honestly can't remember where i found them, and since i lost most of my library with my computer change, afraid i can't help you out there. best i can say, is look for something like 'aiko fairy wings' on rendo or Google, as aiko and fairy seems to pop up some good sites.

well, on the hammer i dunno. depends on how realistic you going for.

I'd say take a break from it, ignore it completely, look for replies here, and just...well...wait for the opportune moment.

Posted on: 29 10 08 09:49 pm

I be all Zen and shit.
Create PDF from Post Print

Facebook Ninja (Moderator)
Level : 28; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 693
MP : 355 / 39137
Animotions has the Flash wings. You may be able to use that for Cap and then rework it in Post.

Posted on: 29 10 08 10:34 pm
User under suspension until -292277022607/7/10 19:31

Gold Member
From Lima, OH
Level : 20; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 485
MP : 162 / 22629
I've actually got the flash wings. I had thought of that too, but if it'll be easier to achieve the same affect a different way I wanna try that first. I'm not opposed to the idea, it's just a last resort because they don't really look the same.

The way I look at it is if this pic was meant to get made, I'll find what I need eventually. I've been developing this on and off in between projects for 3 months now and I'm not giving up anytime soon. I just need to take a break from it and clear my head. While I'm waiting for the rest of the pieces to fit into place I'm going to work on perfecting the pieces I already have. Such as Hulk. I'm currently working on an image with him and Spidey. I tweaked the x,y, and z scales a bit to give him more girth.

I've heard some pretty good ideas concerning the head wings for Cap, all of which seem as though they may work with a little tweaking and post-production, and thanks to Winterhawk I've found several good hammers for thor and gotten a pretty good suggestion for how to do Wasp's wings. Right now, my biggest headache is coming from Thor's costume. I would sell my sister to cannibals right now for a good M3 Classic Thor texture.

Thanks for the suggestion. If all else fails I may be able to modify the Flash wings a bit in photoshop.

Posted on: 30 10 08 02:42 am

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 87
MP : 11 / 4119
GLAD TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE.
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/creature-creation-pack?item=39&spmeta=ab&_m=d

daz3d has a creature creation pack that has some wings that would work for the wasp.

for caps head wings, if you look, most images for the flash and cap both have similar wings, just change the color, position and your set. they would be pretty small anyway so most would not notice a difference.

hope this helps. :D

if you need help with anything, let me know. be glad to help do what i can.

Posted on: 30 10 08 06:22 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
Well I wouldn't go to the extremes of purchasing a product just to do one single render [although that Creature Pack should come in handy for a while]. I think you're just looking in all the wrong places for what's already right under your nose.
Ya say you need Cap wings? Well if you really don't wanna do a whole lot of postwork then just go over to Animotions.com and download either the freebie P4 Captain America by Hasdrubal or the P4 Whizzer by Hasdrubal too...both figures come with head wings that you can easily parent to your figure. They might not be picture perfect but they look like the real thing and unless you're doing extreme closeups of Cap they should work fine. I used them in both of these images.
http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum4/photo.php?lid=10867
http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum4/photo.php?lid=10977
As for Wasp wings. You could go the same route and try using some of the wings that come with the P4 Wasp figures [I think there's about 3 of them] in the Animotions freebie section. They may not be perfect but I'm sure you can work with the surfacing to get what you want. There;s also some prretty good wings at Renderosity on this page.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=queen+bee&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=§ion_selector%5B0%5D=-1
And if you're gonna use Aiko 3 for your Wasp the set at the top of the page won't require any tweaking.
As far as the Thor texture for M3 goes I can't help you there. I don't really like making costume skin textures [although doing Thor wouldn't be much of a challenge]. But here's my suggestion. Use the Ultimate Thor mat. Just take the texture into Photoshop and make the changes where you need to. The two costume are fairly similar so it should'nt be too dificult to make the changes. [I am of course assuming that you are Photoshop literate ]
If worse comes to work, try making your own texture. If you have the M3 Guide template then it'll make things a lot easier.
If none of these are to your liking, then just screw the whole project and do the Defenders instead .

Posted on: 20 12 08 09:12 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.