Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Inking Pen?
vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 2
MP : 1 / 119
Hey all, I've been enjoying alot of the artwork on Heromorph for awhile. And I have been doing alittle artwork myself and I would really like to ink it so I can get a better scan then with pencil. So I guess I'll get to my question, what is a good pen for inking a pencil drawing? Preferably something that doesn't cost a fortune either :) Thanks for the advice.

Posted on: 18 03 09 08:13 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Inking Pen?
superhero
Level : 13; EXP : 58
HP : 0 / 314
MP : 70 / 15802
None of the good ones are cheap, my friend ;)

Seriously, you can get cheap technical pens at craft stores -- sometimes they're in the art section, sometimes in the scrapbooking section -- but the problem with the cheap ones is that the ink is "weak" for lack of a better word. When you erase your pencils, some of the ink will come off as well. If you're looking for technical pens, try Staples or a similar office supply store. I stumbled across a really good set of 5 Faber Castell tech pens on sale for $18 and that ink is jet black, waterproof and doesn't lighten under the eraser. If you go to an art store you can find some really good technical pens, but they are quite expensive -- anywhere from $15-$40 per pen. The other option if to pick up a straight pen, a couple of nibs and an ink well. You'll be able to get greater line variety, but it does take longer to get the hang of. You should be able to get a pen, two or three nibs and the ink for under $20 total.

Posted on: 19 03 09 05:13 am

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 2
MP : 1 / 119
Thanks for the advice ODS and ya I know they won't be cheap.. I ment like I don't want to spend $100 for it :) Again thanks for the advice.

Posted on: 19 03 09 10:33 am

superhero
Level : 13; EXP : 58
HP : 0 / 314
MP : 70 / 15802
Happy to help.

By the way, if you're looking for something that will last a while, your best bet is to go with the pen and nibs. You can get ink wells for $6, so it's better for your wallet in the long run to get a $6 well every 6 months than a new set of tech pens. As long as you buy good quality nibs, they can last for years -- I actually still have a couple I use that belonged to my Grandfather when he was in the art dept of the Canadian Navy during WWII, believe it or not.

Posted on: 19 03 09 03:39 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.