Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What The Hell Is Going On With Batman?
Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25889
I have never read Batman, was more of a Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) fan, before DC screwed her up, she gave up being Batgirl, started killing people and turned out it was Deathstroke drugging her. But it seems that was just the beginning, Bruce Wayne is dead, or is he just stuck in the past? Dick is Batman, Bruce's son Damien is Robin, Tim Drake is Red Robin? Anyone her read Batman, know when Bruce is coming back? Thoughts?

mine, #1 Bruce is Batman, #2 Tim is Robin, #3 Dick is Nightwing and #4 Cassandra is Batgirl

Posted on: 2 06 09 04:26 am

Re: What The Hell Is Going On With Batman?
Hellfire Club Member
From The Muggy Depths of Amerika
Level : 19; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 450
MP : 139 / 22422
personally i believe that ALL comics are getting bad. its like the 90s all over again, with cross-overs and company wide events that DETRACT from the good, monthly stories i love. I LOVED batgirl before she went insane, and i LOVED Robin before he went Emo. And i LIKED Teen Titans before it got both insane AND emo-y. but all of those changed were done to SELL, and sadly, they never work.

on topic, i think that Bats will onl be dead long enough to sell a few books, and then he'll be back before the end of the year, with ANOTHER BLOODY COMPANY WIDE CORSSOVER >________<

Posted on: 2 06 09 04:54 am

I be all Zen and shit.
Create PDF from Post Print

Gold Member
From North Canton, OH
Level : 13; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 311
MP : 69 / 17540
I thought the same thing about Captain America and here it is year two and no Steve Rogers.

Posted on: 2 06 09 04:57 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
They killed Bruce? Wow... that is impressive.

As for Captain America... he isn't dead... he is in hiding... and, no offense Cap, he was a pretty boring character.... well, back in the 70s and 80s... that is when I quit collecting... so I can see it being pretty easy to not write him into a story. (This is coming from a guy who's first comic book superhero was Silver Surfer... talk about boring!)

But Bruce??? Now that will be a tough one to keep out of the comics.

Posted on: 2 06 09 09:42 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58414
This is going to sound strange from a huge Batman fan like myself, but I hope he stays dead.

DC and Marvel own properties and create product to get market share. Eff That!

Posted on: 2 06 09 05:52 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
Quote:

Biohaz_Daddy wrote:
This is going to sound strange from a huge Batman fan like myself, but I hope he stays dead.

Well said. The execs at both companies have much love for the dollar and little for the characters. If they think it'll net them a quick buck, they'll kill off any and all. Obviously DC is hoping the schlock factor will net them bigger sales. Of course once again, they fail to see the bigger picture... the ONLY DC character with a currently successful movie franchise is Batman. Rather than draw in the much larger untapped market of Batman movie fans, nooooo, let's alienate them completely by ensuring that the comic isn't even about THAT Batman. Penny wise, Pound foolish... as usual. But then again, who knows? As soon as sales dip again, Bruce may be back in the blink of an eye... I mean it's not like they give a rat's a$$ about continuity over at DC anyway!

Posted on: 2 06 09 11:52 pm

Gold Member
From North Canton, OH
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
They killed Bruce? Wow... that is impressive.

As for Captain America... he isn't dead... he is in hiding... and, no offense Cap, he was a pretty boring character.... well, back in the 70s and 80s... that is when I quit collecting... so I can see it being pretty easy to not write him into a story. (This is coming from a guy who's first comic book superhero was Silver Surfer... talk about boring!)

But Bruce??? Now that will be a tough one to keep out of the comics.

I won't deny that he isn't the most contemporary character, but you can't have an Avengers without Captain America. The man stood up to Thanos, by himself, when Thanos was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. He beat Iron Man. In the Ultimate universe, he brought the Hulk down practically by himself. With a kick to the old nutsack for good measure.

He's probably one of the least powered heros in the Marvel Universe who still goes out and plays with the big guns and comes out on top. He's worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.

Even when people are poking fun at both DC and Marvel and their movie franchises, he's used to inspire other heros.

(The humor in these series and videos is some of the best out there and has had me laughing my ass off, but the stories written behind them are really good. Check them out.)

I'm not taking anything away from Batman, or Bruce Wayne, but the reason why he's so popular and interesting is because of the anti-hero effect. Cap and Batman are very similar characters when you look at them. They just have different origins and reasons why they put on the masks. Both are out for justice and to protect the innocent not because they have powers, not because their uncle guilt-tripped them into doing it, and not because they were given their powers and sent by some gods. They do it because they both want to.

(end rant)

Posted on: 3 06 09 05:56 am

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60136
Quote:

Biohaz_Daddy wrote:

He's coming back, and DC can't keep him death because he's one of the few good characters they have...think about this, they're bringing back death heroes in the blackest night series and most of them doesn't have more than 2 years death.

Posted on: 3 06 09 08:24 am

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35773
A main DC character DEAD?!?!?!?!

OMFG!

I've never heard of such a thing. The audacity, the cahones, the brazen buffoonery!

Why, they would never do this to Superman! (oh, wait, they did)
Well, they'd never replace Wonder Woman with a substitute. (oh, wait, they did.)
But Aquaman never disappeared to be re-invented. (oh, wait, yeah he did...but at least he got to hook up with Dolphin during his make-over)
Well, at least Batman was safe until now. WAIT! I remember a stupid year with Jean Paul as BM.
Ya know, you would think that these dollar seeking degenerates would at least try to be original. They already broke the bat's back once, and in essence killed him off for a while. But I guess they ran out of stories.

What else could explain a re-run of Knightfall? And a re-packaging of the Crisis on Infinite Earths?
What's next, we gonna kill off Ollie Queen again? Maybe redo the whole Eclipso tie-in series, or Bloodbath?
Oh no, I know...how about "Batman: Year One?" You could make his costume like, all black or sumthin'...yeah, and ditch Robin for a spell, and make Bruce like all brooding and serious...

C'mon executives...read this thread. Bats IS the successful movie line, toy line, syndicated cartoon series, etc. of the DC universe. You're not just temporarily killin' characters, you're permanently killin' fans.

I ditto Bio's remarks, although I Love the Batman, and think only Bruce can be the bat...he's better off dead.

(Any guesses on why I stopped collecting?)

Posted on: 6 06 09 08:36 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
So Bruce Wayne is dead. Big deal. Does this really surprise anyone? Wasn't this expected at some point and time? Will anyone really care except for the veteran Bat-fans? Superman died so did Cap, why should Bats be exempt? But really who's gonna miss Bruce Wayne? Do you think people love the Batman because of his alterego? No way. We could care less who's behind the mask just as long as he delivers the same type of no-nonsense justice to the maniacs of Gotham as did his predecessor. Remember Micheal keaton played batman in the movie and people loved him but who really gave a crap about his role as Bruce Wayne. Besides its high time DC injected some youth into its caracters that have been around since the stone-ages. Of course he'll be back should sales dip, but for now I say let Dick have the mantle, he's certainly earned his chance at it.

Posted on: 6 06 09 01:59 pm

Gold Member
From North Canton, OH
Let's see you say that when Bats starts using a gun.

Posted on: 6 06 09 04:10 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58414
Seriously... All established characters must die the ultimate death. There are so many great stories not being told, with characters no one will ever see, because the huge marketing machines can't let go of the geese laying eggs of fools gold. If it wasn't for the independent comic book publishers, Image, and DC's inconsistent forays into new untried territory, the comic art form in America would be dead.

A real work of literature has a beginning, a middle, and yes, even an end. 70 years is enough already.

Posted on: 6 06 09 06:42 pm

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35773
Biohaz_Daddy wrote
Quote:
Seriously... All established characters must die the ultimate death. There are so many great stories not being told, with characters no one will ever see, because the huge marketing machines can't let go of the geese laying eggs of fools gold. If it wasn't for the independent comic book publishers, Image, and DC's inconsistent forays into new untried territory, the comic art form in America would be dead. A real work of literature has a beginning, a middle, and yes, even an end. 70 years is enough already.

First: Let me respond to the "geese laying eggs of fools gold"
Funny, yet poignant.

Second: Wow...a beginning, a middle, AND an END?
Hmmm...but, but, but, then there would be no sequels. No suprise returns of Jason Voorhees or Freddy Kruger. No Rocky 19.

Exactly, and great points, Bio! Even die hard fans tire of asking themselves "How are they ever gonna bring back [insert character name of your choice] this time?"

Lets see some of them untold stories. New and exciting characters.
There will always be Bat fans (I'm one). And they could always bring Bruce back as a mentor. Ya know, kinda like Batman Beyond. Which would stay consistent with the repetitive nature of the DC universe. And appease Bruce fans. The movies will continue, and there can always be an "Untold Tales" series of Bruce as Bat Books.
But there is a huge untapped market out there for fans of good literature. And many, many great story tellers not yet given the chance to weave their yarns due to intolerance for change.

Posted on: 7 06 09 12:02 pm

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60136
Quote:

drunkendragon wrote:
A main DC character DEAD?!?!?!?!

OMFG!

I've never heard of such a thing. The audacity, the cahones, the brazen buffoonery!

Why, they would never do this to Superman! (oh, wait, they did)
Well, they'd never replace Wonder Woman with a substitute. (oh, wait, they did.)
But Aquaman never disappeared to be re-invented. (oh, wait, yeah he did...but at least he got to hook up with Dolphin during his make-over)
Well, at least Batman was safe until now. WAIT! I remember a stupid year with Jean Paul as BM.
Ya know, you would think that these dollar seeking degenerates would at least try to be original. They already broke the bat's back once, and in essence killed him off for a while. But I guess they ran out of stories.

What else could explain a re-run of Knightfall? And a re-packaging of the Crisis on Infinite Earths?
What's next, we gonna kill off Ollie Queen again? Maybe redo the whole Eclipso tie-in series, or Bloodbath?
Oh no, I know...how about "Batman: Year One?" You could make his costume like, all black or sumthin'...yeah, and ditch Robin for a spell, and make Bruce like all brooding and serious...

C'mon executives...read this thread. Bats IS the successful movie line, toy line, syndicated cartoon series, etc. of the DC universe. You're not just temporarily killin' characters, you're permanently killin' fans.

I ditto Bio's remarks, although I Love the Batman, and think only Bruce can be the bat...he's better off dead.

(Any guesses on why I stopped collecting?)

You're right man!...DC is out of original ideas, and Didio thinks he's re-inventing the DCU...he already killed it and now we have the multiverse back!!!!

Posted on: 9 06 09 08:40 am

Ring Forger
From Mexico
Level : 30; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 743
MP : 417 / 36034
First of all i don't like batman (Bruce) being dead...

but he is not "dead" he's just in the prehistory painting caves (which isn't that cool either)
What i think sucks the most, is how he died, plus there were 2 separate stories of him dying (i haven't read RIP, but In FC it was terrible, specially since he used a gun)

What i think is OK, is having a story where Nightwing finally gets to wear the cowl, and Bruce Jr is Robin. It won't last long (unless fans like it, which clearly isn't the case)

Maybe during this time we get some good plots, and it should be interesting to see how Dick handles the cowl, and the leadership of the bat family and the JLA; or to see how much he's gonna change into someone darker...

Also im anxious to see what will happen with batgirl, and barbara gordon

Posted on: 9 06 09 03:12 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.