Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Print-On-Demand Comics Issues Issue
sidekick
Level : 6; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 137
MP : 19 / 6857
Hi all,

I very recently got my 'Spacescape' comic published over at Ka-Blam. You may remember it, I used to post the panels here at HM.

I placed an order for it to check out the quality. Well enough, it looked pretty good. It cost me $2.84 plus $2.35 S & H ($5.19 in all). So I ordered another one about a week or so later. Suddenly the print cost for the exact same product is now $3.04 and the S & H has shot up to $3.18 making the total $6.22, over a dollar difference. Why the sudden hike?

I have notified them as to my concern, and awaiting reply. In the meantime, has anyone else ever dealt with Ka-Blam?

You can see the samples of Spacescape
http://www.indyplanet.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2290&osCsid=9af711cc263cff9d4152cdd28efa00ae
at their sister site, IndyPlanet, and I am trying to keep the retail competitive with mainstream comics, but it is going to be impossible to do if they keep raising fees.

Posted on: 19 06 09 06:38 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Print-On-Demand Comics Issues Issue
sidekick
Level : 6; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 137
MP : 19 / 6857
For what it's worth, I finally got a reply from Ka-Blam, which reads thusly:

"It's actually not a price increase. The difference in the printing cost is due to our finding a code error on our end that had been causing UNDER charges on most orders for a few months. $3.04 is what your price should have been all along. As to the shipping/handling/insurance costs that's done at the invoicing stage and is calculated by the person sending you the invoice. $2.35 is probably a little low and $3.18 is likewise probably a bit too high. Your actual s/h/i should probably have been around $2.65-2.70. I've credited your account $0.50. Sorry for hassle."

Great. Any other surprises?

Posted on: 24 06 09 04:23 am

Re: Print-On-Demand Comics Issues Issue
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85063
Thanks for sharing, I have looked into using a few of these myself and truthfully that sounds rather strange.

Posted on: 29 06 09 10:21 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.