Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 53

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Disney creating new comics and they're not under Marvel
Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47830
http://disney.go.com/inside/mainattraction/100126/index.html

Got the above story today from a Disney newsletter that I subscribe to. Found it interesting that they're going ahead with new comics under a different publisher than Marvel. Guess they still have a contract and can't get out of it yet. Any other opinions?

Posted on: 28 01 10 09:29 am

Re: Disney creating new comics and they're not under Marvel
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
I didn't want to read the whole story. But it is simple (to me). Originally the Disney comics were not Marvel.(of course) So why would they be now? It is probably that simple.
Not to mention, I certainly do not associate Goofy with Marvel. Remember, Disney bought Marvel, but it doesn't mean that they HAVE to use them to publish a comic. Although Mickey Mouse with some Wolverine claws would be pretty damn cool.

Posted on: 28 01 10 09:53 am

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47830
Yeah, it probably is as simple as that Jr. You're right in saying that just because they own Marvel now, nobody is pulling their arm to have to publish under them. They have used many different publishers to produce their comics in the past anyway. I just thought that it was odd that since they now had an in house comic publisher that they didn't go the route of rivals WB/DC and go in house like they did. Yet, on the other hand they probably want to be as different from their rivals as possible.

Posted on: 29 01 10 06:42 am

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
I read the whole article and found it lacking details of interest to me. What I want to know is who are the creative teams (writers/artists) creating the comics and their personal track records. As far as the corporate merger of Marvel and Disney, my big question is "Will Universal Studios Islands of Adventure be affected?" It's a rival theme park to Disney with some very cool rides and attractions based on Marvel characters.

Posted on: 30 01 10 01:01 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36142
The only time I traveled to Florida was with visiting island of adventure in mind, now about it changing or not, what if they just bye universal studios aswell and turn these parks into 2 more disney parks... about the comic subject, well it isn't like they have to publish under marvel, but if they bought such a known comic book publisher the smart thing is use it, I meen I don't know what Marvel and Disney are gonna do together but I sure am anxious to know....

Posted on: 17 03 10 12:59 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.