Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cleaning Poser Runtime.
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81961
Yeah, it's me again with the same question... just on a different day.

OK... I have totally exhausted my search for how to find a way to clean out my Runtime. Now, it is just frustrating.
I know that we have a few new Poser nerds that might have an answer for me. So here it goes.

Is there an easy way to select a "figure", for instance any thing that is strictly V3, and then find all of its corresponding textures, geometries, materials, lights, hands, Etc?

I REALLY want to simplify my runtime and get rid of all that gen 2 and 3 crap that is clogging up my runtime.

If there is no easy way, then how do I find the associations?

Also, I am on a Mac, so any of the PC utilities will not work.

Again, thanks in advance.

one day I might produce some art to post here.... yeah... right.

ONE other question... is there anything outside of the Runtime folder that will affect Poser if I delete it?
I need some organization... dangit!

Posted on: 3 09 10 10:43 am

Re: Cleaning Poser Runtime.
superhero
From Nova Scotia, Canada
Level : 14; EXP : 97
HP : 0 / 349
MP : 85 / 18270
I'm not familiar with a Mac, but when I want to clean out my runtime, I use Windows explorer. That way you can go through the different divisions(figure, pose,etc..) and remove everything you want. Might take a wile going through everything...but it works.

Posted on: 4 09 10 09:15 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
My question to this is... how do I know what files go with what file. I am willing to put forth the time to manually go through the runtime manually... but I want to get rid of everything that is connected to a certain "Figure". Does that make sense?

Posted on: 5 09 10 12:04 am

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60311
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:

Also, I am on a Mac, so any of the PC utilities will not work.

MAC ROCKS!!!

sorry this didn't answer your quetion

Posted on: 5 09 10 10:01 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72347
I just organized my stuff just recently in DAZ, different program but may have the same effect, I just organized all the poser stuff I downloaded and renamed all of my folders. I then took items based on how I had them cataloged and dropped them in to a single folder. IE People, Props, Accessories, environments, Hair, etc. It saved mysystem a lot of boot time and the program runs faster.

As for the particular item, texture etc are you wanting to do away with lets say V3 and everything or just stuff that would belong to just her like clothing and textures that go with it?

Daz or maybe Renderosity? has a freebie download that tracks Poser Run times and what they are associated with. that may help you?

Posted on: 6 09 10 05:00 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:

As for the particular item, texture etc are you wanting to do away with lets say V3 and everything or just stuff that would belong to just her like clothing and textures that go with it?

Daz or maybe Renderosity? has a freebie download that tracks Poser Run times and what they are associated with. that may help you?

Yeah, I am wanting to get rid of everything that is strictly V3, M3, SP3, well, anything 3. And I want to get rid of everything. I think my runtime being so big is the reason for some of the issues I have when ever I run poser. I am a collector... and it has come back to bite me on the a$$.

I haven't found anything that will list file associations yet.

Posted on: 7 09 10 10:51 am

superhero
Level : 19; EXP : 57
HP : 0 / 464
MP : 148 / 27877
Well, I couldn't tell you how to do a 'batch search' or the like.

Whenever I want to remove an item from my runtime, I just go find the original file and, if I'm lucky, it was a zip file that list where everything is (or should be). I then do a search for that stuff and delete it.

If the stuff was installed by a installer program, it will usually give a list of what was installed in a 'read me' file somewhere so you can do the same thing (and often at Renderosity they have a link to a 'read me' file so you can get it if you can't find your original).

Posted on: 7 09 10 11:53 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Gold Member
From Villainous hideout
Level : 22; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 536
MP : 200 / 23664
I have the same problem with one gynormous runtime and never made separate runtimes... and now it'd be a 2 month process to separate. So... I just went to 64 bit Poser Pro 2010 and a 64 bit computer with tons of hd space and RAM - ha ha.

My lazy advice would be to go Poser pro 2010 whenever it's MAC ready

Posted on: 8 09 10 09:17 pm

Gold Member
From Villainous hideout
Level : 22; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 536
MP : 200 / 23664
Just to expand...

My runtime is now around 200 gigs and Poser Pro 2010 doesn't seem to care... where Psoer 7 Pro would groan occasionally. In 2010 they changed the way Poser accesses the libraries... might also be helping the issue.

Posted on: 8 09 10 09:22 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.