Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Superhero/comic movies - 2011 - GL, Conan, Thor, CA
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85131
I couldn't find a thread for any of this summers superhero/comics movies. Some have already come and gone but Conan is still coming out.
Well what did you think.

Green lantern - I thought it was OK, it would have been better if the went with the plot of the cartoon movie they had a year or so ago. I was surprised that Blake lively was so likeable. Noermally, I find her just OK, but for some reason I found her smoking hot in this movie. all in all I would say better then average but missed the mark. 6 out of 10

Thor - Missed it, and haven't had a chance to watch it illegally online yet.

Captian America - This one exceeded my expectation. Granted those expectations were very low. I really liked the action, the plot was extremely predictable and such, but the acting was better then I thought it would be and the action as mentioned was great. The special effects were really good as well. I would give it 8 out of 10

Conan - hoping to see it next week. I am quite worried. The orignal Movie still is quite watchable and from the trailers this looks significantly worse. I could be wrong and we may be in for a awesome movie with lots of tits and decapitations like the original but somehow I doubt it.

What have you all seen, what did you think.

Posted on: 18 08 11 03:16 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Superhero/comic movies - 2011 - GL, Conan, Thor, CA
Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43706
Here's my take...as I regularly manage to get copies of films shortly after they hit theaters...

Green Lantern: CGI was a little rough when it came to the costumes and they may have overdone it just a wee bit. Reynolds mask was awkward. and agreed,Blake Lively was smokin' hot in this one.

Thor: Oh dear, dear Anthony Hopkins... there may be no coming back from this. Granted, we had the hotness of Natalie Portman as a leading lady (mmm drool) the story was a bit rough, but Marvel is doing rather well here. And an ethnically diverse Asgard? Since when??

Captain America: Completely exceeded my expectations. I didn't think it'd be as good as it was. EXCELLENT effects, great makeup on Hugo Weaving. I especially enjoyed the homage to the early days of Capt. Though... I felt there could be more... much more. There was far too much emphasis on his being a commercialized "representative" of America... not quite enough action.

Conan: I'll have this one probably around Monday if I don't go see it first. The Trailers make me want to cut off heads.

Others not of mainstream comics:

"Super" (IFC Films) OMFG GRITTY!! Ellen Page as a sidekick to a guy who goes superhero because he's pushed too far?? Wonderful!! "SHUT UP CRIME!!!" This is a funny one. Bloody, gritty, violent... nicely done.

Posted on: 18 08 11 04:16 pm

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54838
From your list, the only one I have seen is Thor.

Not surprising but a good movie, anyway.

All the rest, I want to see as sson as I have some time. Conan is premiering here next weekend but from the trailers they're showing on Tv, I have serious doubts it's will be a blockbuster.

Posted on: 18 08 11 05:37 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82018
Have not seen any of them except Capt.

Like Hawk, my expectation were low. So I was pleasantly suprised when it didn't suck! I liked it a lot.

The movie I worked on ages ago, called The Whole Wide World, was about Bob Howard (Conan's Author for those that do not know). Of course, the movie didn't touch much on Conan but I still feel that I have to see Conan for the connection. Plus, since it isn't Arnold as Conan... it has the potential not to suck.

Posted on: 19 08 11 11:17 am

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36395
Thor was cool. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Captain America. Awesome. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Green Lantern. Okay Ryan Reynolds didn't mess the movie up as bad as I thought he would. Blake Lively...Hot? It's unanimous. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Conan...If I like it half as much as I liked the first Conan movie (w/Arnie) I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posted on: 21 08 11 12:40 pm

Herald
Well, I managed to get a copy of the Wonder Womna pilot and after watching it all the way through, I have to say this: DEAR GOD GIVE ME BACK THAT LOST TIME!!!

Horrid, o.k. some parts were good, but overall... HORRID. No wonder the pilot never got aired. This would've angered A LOT of the diehard fans and made DC look a lot worse than they already do when it comes to films and television.

Posted on: 22 08 11 08:57 pm

superhero
From Lincoln,NE
Level : 17; EXP : 32
HP : 0 / 408
MP : 114 / 15612
Movies...one not mentioned by anyone was Transformers III, No Megan Fox was a plus, plot was good and special effects/CGI was stupendous as always...still it was just another sequel.

Thor, I completely agree with DarqueImages, but I rather enjoyed the appearance of Clint Barton in it.

Capt America was very well done and an awesome flick.

Rise of Planet of the Apes, Probably the best movie of the summer...(does that count as comic flavor?)

Conan was very well done, a little slow in parts, but the story and fight scenes were well done.

GL, was somewhat disappointed...Quote:

Posted on: 22 08 11 09:29 pm

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54838
Quote:

DarqueImages wrote:
Well, I managed to get a copy of the Wonder Womna pilot and after watching it all the way through, I have to say this: DEAR GOD GIVE ME BACK THAT LOST TIME!!!

Horrid, o.k. some parts were good, but overall... HORRID. No wonder the pilot never got aired. This would've angered A LOT of the diehard fans and made DC look a lot worse than they already do when it comes to films and television.

Agree 100% with you.
I still remembered all the fuzz when WW killed Maxwell Lord and now in this... this aberration, she has no problem killin' any bad guy at sight. C'mon!

Posted on: 23 08 11 02:30 pm

Herald
I have to agree with that sentiment of "Rise of Planet of the Apes". This was by far LOADS better than the first redux of the films and it goes into a good amount of explaination of how it happens... which I can completely see this happening in either the rise of apes or even zombies... of course, I just love the orginals and their cheesiness...

Transformers 3: no Megan Fox... ya know, this was one step in making the franchise better. There was a lot more action in this one too. An introduction to a few more Transformers would've been nice (and thanks for not making Soundwave a boombox)

Posted on: 24 08 11 11:20 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62863
Rise of the Planet of the Apes: Dear god, I couldn't escape the hell that was the original Ape movies as a kid. So dodge

Green Lantern: I plan on buying it on Bluray when it comes out. I admit it's not THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER. But I definitely enjoyed it.

Captain America: It sucked 400 kinds of ass the first 2 or 3 times they tried to make it. Dodge

Thor: Never been a fan. Dodge....

Conan: The Arnold versions were based off of Robert Jordan's Conan books. This version supposedly is goin with the original writer's. Not to mention they got the guy from StarGate Atlantis that's forever tryin to cut somebody. So yeah, I'm there bitchez.

Posted on: 24 08 11 12:33 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85131
I saw Conan,

I liked it. I got to see everything I wanted to see in a Conan movie.

Good sword fights - check
Bare breasted babes in fantasy wear - check
A monster that kills people good or bad - check

The acting was better then the Arnold movies (but really that isn't hard to do). I also liked that it was a serious movie and they didn't try for any stupid laughs or anything. This even had me bring out my old D&D books and start to think about maybe starting up a game.

Posted on: 25 08 11 04:09 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Herald
CONAN... watched this one last night. What can I say? I had low expectations of this one and quickly discovered, those expactations were unwarranted.

DAMN this was a good film. Rose McGowan looked a little freaky, of course, you can't expect anything less from someone who had "relations" with Marilyn Manson's frontman.

The new Conan...sorry Arrh-nold, but this guy made it believable. Love the gore, love the action, but there was one scene I found a little lacking... I wanted to see less of Conan and more of the leading lady... just sayin'.

and Ron Pearlman as Conan's dad? come on..whats not to love about that?

Posted on: 29 08 11 10:59 am

lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24424
I just saw Captain America, and it f*ckin' rocked!!!! If i hadn't already been a cap fan, i would have been converted....this is a must see for comic fans....

funny point: "I thought he would have been taller!"

Rant: hated the musical parts

loved the red skull! spot on!
chris evans WAS steve rogers...forget the human torch!

oh, btw: did anyone catch the origiinal human torch at the science fair? i thought that was a great tip of the hat to alex ross's "marvels".

anywhoo...time to go to bed. see ya'll later

Posted on: 4 09 11 09:44 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.