Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: What's with the name, Buddy?
Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43544
Mine simply comes from basis of most of my drawings, I tend to have a very dark outlook on things at times and that spills out on paper. That I didn't want to use my C2F nickname 'cus its lame, nor my mediaminer nick cuz ...actually that one was kinda cool.

Posted on: 15 05 04 03:24 am

what's with the name, buddy?
superhero
From Lynnfield, MA USA
Level : 13; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 306
MP : 67 / 18334
hey all,

nothing special about my name. I just randomly pick usernames with my name or Neo (from MATRIX) and random passwords, some with themes. if I'm on a Sailor Moon site, e.g. the password is usually one of the characters and a number. anyhoo, I like to think I rock, so Neilrok is born out of "Neil rocks". see, nothing to gossip or write home about.

Posted on: 15 05 04 08:18 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: what's with the name, buddy?
vigilante
From Oklahoma
Level : 4; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 87
MP : 11 / 5140
My name is a status symbol of why I can't join the army !

No really, I made a character for an RPG. He used to serve in MI7 but was forced to retire, after he got a little to rough in his interrogation methods. He got his file an "pinkslip" with "Section 8" stamped across the front. He became a villain and took the name as his moniker.

-Section 8

Posted on: 16 05 04 02:47 pm

Hank Scorpio (The Simpsons)

Name!
superhero
Level : 17; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 410
MP : 116 / 24573
The Hawk-man has done his homework! Peace! -Junfan.

Posted on: 17 05 04 07:51 pm

Re: Name!
sidekick
Level : 6; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 143
MP : 20 / 8478
The little Dragon, eh?

:)

I've been a fan since I was a kid, and have studied JKD under Chris Kent.

Over the years, I've had several characters in MMORPGs named Jun Fan :)

Q

Posted on: 18 05 04 06:06 am

vigilante
Level : 3; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 73
MP : 9 / 4329
I've been known as Whoop since 1997 under the guise of Whoop, Neo Whoop, Whoop II, Whoop ZERO, Whoop TX, Whoopyour@$$, Woop, ElvisWhoop...ok the last one was a cameo gimmick but you get the idea.

Whoop is translated as "The Expressing Excitement" so it stuck with what I write.

The TX part has no meaning to me from Texas, being I'm from England and write behind a keyboard there. It was just a silly reference to the Terminator III, ala a new version of myself.

*thinks that took longer to explain than he thought*

Posted on: 1 06 04 02:27 am

Quinn
superhero
Level : 17; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 410
MP : 116 / 24573
Quinn: Chris Kent huh, cool! I train w/ Joe Maffei. (Vunaks bad boy, Just ask him!) Peace! -Leif (Junfan)

Posted on: 1 06 04 08:07 am

Bump
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Just bumping to the top, again because we seem to have been getting a lot of new members lately.

(And the mystery behind Billy's name is killing me)

Posted on: 19 07 04 01:30 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Re:whats with the name, buddy?
lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24330
thats funny...

i use billy for two reasons...

1: its my name!

2:it sounds better than my online name...ripperjack04(not as cool, but people still have a hard time letting go of the old pun of that serial killer....)

Posted on: 19 07 04 01:54 pm

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62610
I originally went by the name Firebird_007 long ago, cuz I couldn't get that car out of my head.

Thayne_LuC is a combination of 2 things. First Thayne was THE BEST theif I ever played in AD&D. Second Luc is short for LuCiEn which is my favorite vampire from the show Forever Knight.

Posted on: 20 07 04 11:50 am

Thought I'm apparently a "lurker", due to my inability to manipulate (in time...all in good time...) I would like to toss my username's origin in the pile too.

First off, this was a great idea for a post because I always wonder where the hell people come up with these names, but anyway

<b>"Let's dance" -Johnny Cage</b>

My legal and full first name is Salvatore. I am named after my grandfather (yes, it's Italian). I have only met about three real people with the same first name as me in the United States. It's great having (at least out in Chicago) such an unique name. So whenever I meet another Salvatore I always reflect to that Simpson's episode where Milhouse meets another Milhouse

"Milhouse? My name's Milhouse too!"

(Yep. Are you nerded out yet? There's more.)
Right now I'm 19 and in college. As most of you are aware, nowadays Grand Theft Auto 3 is a pre-requisite to attending college which means that all of my friends quickly identified my first name with the lead Italian figure, Don Salvatore.

This was completely out of left field. The game was so popular and the character was introduced early enough in the game so that most people I knew immediately started referring to me as The Don. The fact that I spent time with "undesirable" or "seedy" kids only added to the image that was created. So in short <b>just a bunch of video game players screwing around</b>.

Till next time,
SVD

Posted on: 22 07 04 12:07 am

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 86
HP : 0 / 21
MP : 3 / 1308
well mine names dare and the other name i sometimes go by dreadtech, are names of two of my rpg star wars characters

Posted on: 22 07 04 09:26 am

Lurker, nope
From Canada
Quote:
by thedon on 2004/7/22 0:07:07

Thought I'm apparently a "lurker"

Hey Don, You're not a lurker, A lurker is someone who does not contributed to this site. You contribute in our forums, that makes you an active member.
Look at Dragondack, he is not an artist and I couldn't imagine the site with out him.
Non-artists and artists members are both important to the site.

Posted on: 22 07 04 09:22 pm

Re: Lurker, nope
Well thanks Winterhawk, I'm flattered. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, I suppose that I could be a lot worse as far as posters go...Ha ha.

"But that's another story in its own" - Wayne's World

I'm glad to see that I'm moving up in the world -- at least from where I thought I was...

Till next time,
SVD

Posted on: 23 07 04 10:10 pm

Re: names
Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41284
'cos I'm a monkey. We are all monkeys. But I'm better that all U other monkeys, hence the "divine" part.
That, and the fact that I love the character "the Monkey King" from chinese lore. And he aspired to become a god (then buddha dropped a montain on him, and left him there for a few hundred years).
Or maybe it's because we all decend from monkeys, but a lot of people seem to think that we are better then animals. So I took this name to tease them.
Hell, I don't know. It sounds good.

Posted on: 29 07 04 12:31 pm
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Re: Lurker, nope
mutant
Level : 11; EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 252
MP : 48 / 15185
Thanks, Winterhawk, for including us non-artists in the bunch (I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag).
As to the handle, it all started about a million years ago when I used to go into the chat rooms. I picked Logan because it was rather vague to non-comic people, and that it could mean anything (Logan's Run, Logan Airport in Boston, etc). But of course when it all came down to it, that scrappy little Canuck was a major influence, and could keep the undesirables in line. Also, it was cool to walk into a chat room, and see 30-40 people chout "Logan" like I was walking into Cheers.

Posted on: 29 09 04 12:03 am

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 2
MP : 1 / 155
I really enjoy Clive Cussler and John D. MacDonald novels, so I combined the names of their two main characters, Dirk Pitt and Travis McGee. As far as the spelling goes, I "read" all of the Travis McGee books via books-on-tape. Therefore, I never actually saw the name in print. After I had established this name on a few sites I realized my error. I've kept it the way it was. It adds my own little touch to it.

Posted on: 29 09 04 06:06 am

Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36609
'Wolf' was/is a charactor that I created for the rpg "Stalking The Night Fantastic", from TriTac Games. ( Think covert X-Files) It got to the point that I was asked to become a module contributor / testor, so, of course, 'Wolf' retired; and I now run him as an NPC. If the gamers are in deep doggy doo, He shows up, gets them back on track, and rides his cycle off into the night.

And, like Wolf, I have always loved the wolves of the forest. They are very beautiful creatures...and, IF re-incarnation does happen, I want to come back as one. Preferably with me lady 'Pat' as my bitch. And, of course, you are all invited to join the pack...just don't forget the beer!

_________
"Insanity? What insanity? I'm so far beyond insane that I'm normal once again."--Tom 'Bopper' Wilson

Posted on: 29 09 04 07:08 am

We got a lot of new members, speak up.
From Canada
See the title.

Posted on: 4 10 04 08:28 pm

Re: We got a lot of new members, speak up.
vigilante
From DFW Area
Level : 2; EXP : 97
HP : 0 / 49
MP : 6 / 2945
OK, I never explained this... I used to use the handle Tick (Love that comic... and the cartoon... and the TV show...) when I did occasional chatting. However, that name always seemed to be taken when I logged in, so I added the Eat in front of it, because it seemed humorous at the time.

Not too sure about the humor anymore. But the handle is never taken when I register anywhere.

Posted on: 5 10 04 04:47 pm

--The Tick

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.