Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Point at- Formerly Change Parent - Formerly Poser performance - Formerly Poser Runtimes
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
OK, I am trying to parent an item to a character and I am doing it through the "Change Parent" command. When I do this, the object moves. And it isn't just this one object, it has been happening to a lot of stuff and it is pissin' me off. I get the object in place "Change parent" and BAM... it has moved on me. Anyone know why this is happening?
Using Poser Pro 2012

Posted on: 16 07 12 01:16 pm

Re: Poser - Formerly Poser performance - Formerly Poser Runtimes
Gold Member
From Villainous hideout
Level : 22; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 536
MP : 200 / 23570
I don't have Poser 9/Pro 2012... but in previous versions if you open the hierarchy window, you can click on the prop then drag it to the element you want it to parent to.

So, like choose a mask prop in the hierarchy window and holding down on it, drag up to the character's "head' and let go and it should parent to that character's head.

Posted on: 17 07 12 11:42 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Thanks! I will give that a shot as well. It's not a huge deal since I don't really play with Poser seriously. But when the day comes that I reveal my masterpiece, I want the damn props to parent properly. Bad Props!

Posted on: 23 07 12 02:43 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
OK, another Poser question.

Poser 12's cameras don't seem to be the same as 10. For one, in the old version, when you were in the "Posing camera", when I clicked on a non-human object, the camera didn't move. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, the "Posing Camera" always snaps to the figure you have selected. I figured that would be the same if I created an Aux Camera and then "Point at" a second figure so that the new AUX camera would only focus on the secondary character. But it seem like no matter what I try to do, the AUX camera always points to the first figure in the scene. Are you still lost? What I want to do is create a few AUX cameras to point specifically at a certain character. HOW IN THE HELL DO I DO THAT?
I have tried selecting the the "Aux Camera 1" and then selecting "Point At" and then I hit "body" of the character I want it to point at, and no go. Is there something I am missing?
Any help? Beuller?

OH... and how do I delete a camera. Like one of my "Aux Cameras" that I don't want anymore?

Posted on: 26 07 12 04:33 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
OK, herre is another one. I saved a hand pose the other day and when I went to add it to my character, it applied the hand pose and rotated my character. I had to go into is "Body" and set all the dials back ot Zero to get him back into postion. What might cause this?

Beuller?

So, Point at and Hand Poses are driving me nuts.

Posted on: 31 07 12 01:59 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.