Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ideas
Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
Level : 25; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 604
MP : 260 / 24964
well im thinking of doing a couple pics
should i do a unique approach on superman and supergirl using my anime style or should i bite the bullet and do a pic based on princess bubblegum from adventure time

Posted on: 30 01 13 02:14 am

Re: ideas
Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36286
Your anime style is great, don't know who princess bubblegum is so, hey wouldn't mind seeing it...

Posted on: 30 01 13 09:22 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/1/9/8/2/1982684/pics/_c1145279_image_0.png

thats princess bubblegum
hey dude i need ur email so i can send the template to u

Posted on: 31 01 13 12:31 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81938
I do not mean to hate... but it needs to be said. I commented on a handful of your first images because they were So-So Poser/Daz images. BUT... your stuff has become so stale and boring that I have run out of nice things to say about it. You really need... NO... HAVE to step outside your box and do something really cool.

You "Anime" is the same exact character... no matter how she is dressed. She is always in front of a wall of some sort. As a matter of fact, one image had two of the same girls running.... from a wall. Your lighting looks, to me, like the default lighting in Poser or Daz. I don't use Poser, because the lighting in it sucks compared to the good 3D programs. But I know what the default lighting looks like. And if you aren't using the default lighting, then shame on you for reproducing it exactly.

You have been producing the same old boring images for too long not to have gotten a ton better. Creating Art is not what is comfortable, it is a constant learning process and your next image should be a little better than your last. In Every image I do I always try and create a new texture or piece of a costume that is hand painted to see if I can do it. My manips went from "YAWN" to "YAWESOME" (IMO) when I decided to start painting my ladies Hair. (Instead of simply blurring it to get rid of the pixelation) Constantly grow as an artist!!!

Again, I was harsh, and I didn't mean to hate.... But come on... get a little crazy and do something dynamic!!! Even if the first few attempts suck, at least you are learning to become a better artist.

Posted on: 31 01 13 10:14 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
im not saying that i dont need an update until i do have the money to do so i can only do so much

Posted on: 31 01 13 10:55 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67835
Quote:

vash99 wrote:
im not saying that i dont need an update until i do have the money to do so i can only do so much

its not that i can't relate to trying to be creative on a low/no budget..but that's really a cop-out. there's plenty of quality freebies out there if you take the time to look for them. hell over 75% of my runtime is freestuff. i think what jr. mcsheepman is saying that you need to practice utilizing what you have. what program are you using? i'm sure that i can help with the quality of your work if you're willing to learn.

Posted on: 1 02 13 01:29 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
i use daz studio and photoshop

Posted on: 1 02 13 01:40 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
and while i do believe yall are trying to help me as i said limited income and on top of that being a medical caregiver limits time and resources on what i can do so i do my best

Posted on: 1 02 13 01:48 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72326
I am sorry, but you keep saying you are on a budget. Daz has weekly freebies, renderocity has monthly freebies and thousands of pages of free stuff updated daily, as does sharecg. and there are easily at least 5-10 more sites that offer free props and tutorials to improve. granted a medical caregiver does take a lot of your time. As does being a stay at home father of 3, that is a 24 hour a day job with an average of 3-4 hours sleep a day. It may take me longer to create an image, but i still do while looking for ways to improve my work.

I will offer what advise I can to help you.

Posted on: 1 02 13 06:56 am

The New Number 2 (Moderator-Like Guy)
From Kamloops, BC, Canada
Level : 31; EXP : 82
HP : 0 / 770
MP : 455 / 44862
Improvement's not just about time and resources, it's about what you do with them. Even if you can't expand your inventory much (and even there, I assume the 3D Guyz know what they're talking about when it comes to freebies), why not try to play around with what you have? Surely you can experiment with lighting, or creating morphs, or creating new props or... something. I can't pretend to be a Poser expert, but based on what little playing around I've done in it, I know it's a complex and versatile program. Surely it has features you haven't played around with?

Posted on: 1 02 13 02:45 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72326
following up with B. There are still a crap load of features in DAZ AND Paintshop pro, i do not know how to work with yet.

Posted on: 1 02 13 03:52 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81938
Hey Vash... I know that I came across pretty tough, but I only said something because I can tell that you have potential. I have been told that I only pick on the people that I like, so... watch out. No, I am not going to waste my time stalking you...

You images, even if they are the same girl could be improved on by simply working with the lighting. Maybe some post production atmosphere... etc. You have good poses, they just lack "BAM"

Don't let a little, harsh, constructive criticism keep you from posting images. I would be more than happy to put in my opinion on them. Hell, I do have a (wasted) degree in 3D computer animation. So much for being the next big game developer...huh? But I do know what the 3D should look like to be BAD ASS!

NOw... get your creative juices flowing and create some, new, dynamic stuff!

Posted on: 1 02 13 10:17 pm

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
i didnt take it personal guys i appreciate it im playing with textures now or days thats why i ask for help im out of my element on these
my im a caregiver so i was helping my charge at the same time and getting frustrated as well nobodys fault

Posted on: 2 02 13 12:26 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67835
vash, i don't consider myself one of the 3D Heavyweights at this site..but i'm no slouch either. i remember how it was when i first starting dabbling in digital art and believe me the critique/criticism i received from the guys here has done nothing but driven me to get better. i value their opinion [when they're considerate enough to offer it..i.e. comment] so take what it said to heart and use it as a goal to basically leave them speechless. lol. since you use the same program as me i'd be more than willing to offer any advice i can.

Posted on: 2 02 13 01:45 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
will do
thats why i do these new textures and changes because i wanna sharpen my skills i mainly use photoshop to sign a piece :D

Posted on: 2 02 13 02:00 am

Supreme being
From memphis ,tn
im still thinking of doing a anime version of superman and supergirl luckily i have the sets for that i will have to take some creative liscense with it though
expect em in japanese school uniforms lol

Posted on: 2 02 13 02:09 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.