Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The WB's or Rather CW's Flash
The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 48
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 97778
Now don't get this wrong as I really like the WB's "The Flash"
Or at least the few episodes they have aired so far.
I also understand some of the change-up for TV's sake.
With that saying,
Yes Simmon Stagg was a greedy industrialist in the comics but I don't believe he was ever Killed off by anyone in the Flash universe and
Just who is the scientist guy at Starlabs in the wheelchair who killed Simmon Stagg.
Is there going to be an intro for Metomorpho or is that going to be the Girl scientist at Starlabs boyfriend who died trying to shut down the particle accelerator.

As an quick cell shot of a damaged cage with the name on it GRODD ... Did any one else notice other hints of maybe things to come?

Posted on: 22 10 14 01:39 pm

Re: The WB's Flash
Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
haven't seen too many spoilers or easter eggs other than a look at the reverse flash in costume. so far i've been somewhat pleased with the show so far although i havent been impressed with how he has used his speed to fight crime so far. I guess eventually he'll get a little more imaginative as they have in the comics..but i just thought with a team of scientists at his disposal 'running fast' wouldnt be the only option.

Posted on: 22 10 14 08:30 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71121
Okay Dack and Star, I've known you both a while so let me just say that you should know by now that if you expect ANY live action superhero TV series to be like the comic, prepare to be disappointed!
That said, there's some interesting things going on in the first couple episodes I watched. I'm intrigued. I haven't seen the 3rd yet but I'll check it out "on-demand" (On-demand has disabled the fast forward on Flash; that's just wrong).

I was myself pleasantly surprised to see Simon Stagg show up and shocked to see him killed off so abruptly!
However, perhaps you shouldn't get too upset about it just yet, Dack... I myself think he's just too rich a character (did I just pun?) to just kill off so quickly and since the plot of the episode revolved around a guy who make clones of himself trying to get his research data back from Stagg, it's conceivable that Stagg had used exactly that research to send in a clone of himself which got killed.

Posted on: 25 10 14 11:59 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Well I know nothing on TV is going to resemble what takes part in the comics. I just hope they put a little more imagination in the action. I mean im a Flash fan but if all he's going to do is run then its going to get boring real quick!

Posted on: 25 10 14 07:15 pm

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 89
MP : 11 / 5106
Just to add to this, the scientist girl's boyfriend?
His name was Ronnie. As in Ronnie Raymond, aka FIRESTORM

Posted on: 25 10 14 07:35 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Quote:

Roguewing wrote:
Just to add to this, the scientist girl's boyfriend?
His name was Ronnie. As in Ronnie Raymond, aka FIRESTORM

Didnt catch that one...but on that same note. did you know that there were other famous characters in the show so far? Dr. Catlin Snow aka Killer Frost, Lab Tech Cisco Ramon aka Vibe, as well as Iris' boyfriend Det. Eddie Thawne aka Professor Zoom [Reverse Flash]. hmmmm

Posted on: 26 10 14 12:03 am

The Great Eternal Dragon
Don't get me wrong as I like the show and have never expected these shows to follow the comics as in most cases that might prove impossible in alot of cases.

Me I thought since Simon Stagg was there Metomorpho was to follow and the logical choice of thought was the scientist Girl's Boy who went into to reactor to tried to shut it down and supposedly died.But yes I did not connect the name to Fiestorm and that makes sense.
Didn't catch the other references either,gonna have to pay more attention I guess.

I just remember a great funny scene in the WB's "Smallvile" when the Legionnaires showed up and Lightning Lad says upon meeting Clark "Where's the Cape?"good comic moment.

A Friend and I were talking in the bar and he said he didn't like it .I don't get it?I hope there are not more people out there that feel that way.

Looking Forward to Arrow where Thaia shows up to claim Sara's Body are some thinking"The Lazarus Pit?" would explain alot.

Did anyone now notice that "The Atom" has shown up on Arrow also Dr.Ray Palmer who took over Queen Industries!

Posted on: 26 10 14 12:51 pm

From United States
WOW! Great catches, Rougewing and Star!! I had missed all of that. Firestorm! It looks like they've set up potential to introduce a lot of great characters from the comics.
Don't get me wrong either, Star... I get what you're saying, Flash has used his powers in really cool ways in the comic and so far all he does is run back and forth on the show. I am a little intrigued by the way they're setting up the characters and stories for now but I'm hoping we get to see him do more too. I'm also hoping he'll develop a personality more like the one in the animated Justice League: a little cocky and humorous. Right now, it feels a little too much like Peter Parker to me... but I'm holding out a little hope for this show.
Yeah, I hear ya, DragonDack, although one can't expect those "comic book" moments, on those rare occasions when they do come, it can be a little magical and Smallville definitely had it's share of those moments. Also smart of you to note Arrow's Atom reference as since Arrow himself has already shown up, crossovers have already been established and all those heroes and villains from Arrow could show up too!

Posted on: 26 10 14 08:07 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
My question is this. Will DC allow such crossovers bleed into or work together with the DC Cinimatic verse like marvel did wirh shield or not

Posted on: 26 10 14 08:51 pm

From United States
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
My question is this. Will DC allow such crossovers bleed into or work together with the DC Cinimatic verse like marvel did wirh shield or not

Marvel's blazing the trail there and I think it's not so much if DC will follow Marvel's lead so much as when. I think DC will figure it out eventually but I don't think it'll happen this season. Of course, licensing is always a tricky legal issue and what characters go where will probably depend on which network they go to: Fox with Batman characters(Gotham), NBC getting all the DC owned mystics (Constantine) and CW getting an increasingly impressive list thanks to Arrow and Flash. I'm sure there's some characters whose on screen futures and where they'll end up are still being debated.

Posted on: 29 10 14 02:46 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
and on another note. its good to see Flash isnt messing around with introducing key characters. last night Captain Cold [really cool character BTW] with Heatwave on the way. Stellar!

Posted on: 29 10 14 03:59 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:

DC officially announced that the tv series and the movie series will not be in the same "universes" So do not expect any crossovers.

Posted on: 30 10 14 04:01 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

From Kentucky
eh, then I will enjoy my dc tv and my marvel universe :)

Posted on: 30 10 14 04:13 pm

The Great Eternal Dragon
So after going through many forums.
I find that the writers at the CW must have created Dr.Harrison Wells.
Because I can't find him any where in the DC Universe's for speculation that he is someone else ,
well that's there and here are some:-
Rip Hunter
Zoloman Kane
Booster Gold
Valdal Savage
Reverse Flash(Yellow)
Though many of these people don't kill people.
The show's creators and producers have been playing coy about Wells's fascination with and possible involvement in the Flash's disappearance,
but the paper is a clear nod to what's known in the DC universe as an event called Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985).
The "Red Skies Vanish" headline is also a hint to the event.

More importantly, it brings up questions of Wells's allegiance.
Does this make Wells nefarious?
Is Wells trying to stop the death from happening?
Or is he trying to cause it to happen?

Who are Barry's friends?

Wells, Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow (The CW)

Aside from his main love interest, Iris, Barry doesn't seem to have many friends.
Over the course of the pilot, however,
he seems to find some in Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) and Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker),
two of Wells's assistants.
In the comics, these two characters end up being fixtures in the DC universe.

Cisco "Paco" Ramon eventually turns into a hero who can manipulate sonic and molecular vibration named Vibe.

When he was introduced in the '80s, he felt a little bit like a token character, since he was a Latino breakdancer. But in the last two years,
he has been fleshed out, given more attention, and his own (well-received) solo book:

Snow, who is the more serious scientist of the two,
is equally intriguing because Caitlin Snow is a villain called Killer Frost in the comic books.
Killer Frost is a DC flagship villain who has many different incarnations in the comics.
She can manipulate ice and freeze stuff, but she needs heat to survive:
she's usually facing off against a hero named Firestorm. And it just so happens that the show has cast Robbie Amell as a maybe Firestorm for an appearance on the show.

Well, the yellow flash who appears in the opening scenes when Barry's mother is murdered is a nod to Professor Zoom
(he also goes by the less-cool codename Reverse-Flash),

who is one of Flash's main nemeses. In the comics,
Zoom has the power to manipulate the time around him, giving him the power of super speed.
He also wears a yellow suit, hence a yellow blur:

Professor Zoom's real name is Eobard Thawne.
There is no character on the television show named Eobard, but Allen's main rival for the love of Iris West is a man named Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett).
There hasn't been a clear confirmation that the yellow blur is, in fact,
Professor Zoom (the creators want you to keep watching, after all) or how much Eddie is connected to Zoom,
but there are enough coincidences here to tell you that the relationship between Allen and Eddie is probably not going to be a friendly one.

The other fun Easter egg is an allusion to the great supervillain Gorilla Grodd, a gorilla with genius intellect and a telepathic powers. There's a scene showing Grodd's busted cage:

A thing to keep in mind is that the show has no obligation to keep itself in line with the source material.
It could give us a psychic gorilla or an awesome Killer Frost,
but that might not mean it can, budgetarily,
or even that it wants to.
Anything can happen here, and that makes the show just as fun for Flash fans and newbies alike.

Posted on: 30 10 14 05:28 pm

From United States
Wow, that's an impressive amount of info, Dack! Sounds like we have much to look forward to!
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
eh, then I will enjoy my dc tv and my marvel universe :)

Um, you are aware that Marvel has lost the right to use their mutants in movies and TV shows, right? Those rights have gone to Fox because they own X-Men. Marvel minus mutants doesn't so united as a universe to me.

Posted on: 18 11 14 12:21 am

From United States
I am sad to see Flash finishing for the season soon! Lots of cool characters showing up (Weather Wizard, Multi-Man, Captain Cold, The Mist, Plastique, Girder, Blackout, Rainbow Raider, Captain Boomerang) and it looks like Professor Zoom's going to be in the finale!
I guess Firestorm and Trickster have been confirmed and also more added to the "hinted at" list like Atom Smasher and Elongated Man.
There's already been a crossover with Arrow and the show really seems to be picking up speed. I am really enjoying this show and this is coming from someone who couldn't care less about the previous Flash TV show!

Posted on: 8 12 14 08:08 pm

From Kentucky
Quote:

pijon wrote:
the show really seems to be picking up speed.

Really?!

I hope so, or he would not be much of the Flash.

Posted on: 8 12 14 11:33 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
i'm gonna be sad when it ends as well. ive really enjoyed it so far. i still would like to see the writers get a little more creative in how Flash uses his speed to defeat his foes but i really can't complain. i've really enjoyed all the super villains that have appeared so far and really looking forward to seeing Firestorm as they showed at the end of last week's Arrow.

Posted on: 9 12 14 08:08 am

From United States
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
Quote:

pijon wrote:
the show really seems to be picking up speed.

Really?!

I hope so, or he would not be much of the Flash.

Okay, you got me there, DW!

Quote:

StarChild wrote:
i'm gonna be sad when it ends as well. ive really enjoyed it so far. i still would like to see the writers get a little more creative in how Flash uses his speed to defeat his foes but i really can't complain. i've really enjoyed all the super villains that have appeared so far and really looking forward to seeing Firestorm as they showed at the end of last week's Arrow.

Well, turns out it's only the mid-season finale! Yeah, I'm with you, it would be great to see more creative use of the superspeed (though time travel is one that seems to be implied). Of all this new bunch of comic based shows, Flash is shaping up to be the best classic superhero type of the bunch. Looking forward to it's return after the new year.

Posted on: 12 12 14 02:48 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.