Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hiatus
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
After doing my Wonder Twins/Gleek and 4 Secret Santa Images, I am going on a Rendering Hiatus. I will be wiping my Hard Drive to do a clean install of the OS and programs I need for art only. During this time I will be doing a Final sweep and recreation/ rebuilding of my Runtime (Sorting 95 GIGs of props, textures,lights etc.

Posted on: 26 12 14 04:50 pm

Re: Hiatus
Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
Okay. Sounds good. I could make use of general cleaning and maintenance myself. Well do what you gotta do and get back up running soon buddy.

Posted on: 27 12 14 12:51 am

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35773
Good luck, have fun, and we look forward to your "refreshed" works in the near future.

Meanwhile, thanks for all your hard work this holiday season!

:)

Posted on: 27 12 14 03:33 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Thanks for saving my ass for Secret Santa. If my Christmas rush is like it was next year, I don't think I will be able to participate again. I was blind sided.
Also, I have been trying to figure out how to go through my runtimes and organize ans delete stuff. Do you have a tutorial for that? Since I am not a poser/daz person, I don't use hardly anything. Almost everything I have in the Runtime was "Ohhh... lets see what that does" and then never used again. I would really like to start a runtime from scratch, but I have no clue what I need to do it. So, you might be on a rendering Hiatus, but you need to create a "Manage your runtime" tutorial. LOL
Thanks again for the secret santa save.

Posted on: 5 01 15 09:48 am

From Kentucky
To start I pre-sort the files. I created two folders basicly a "to install folder" and a "Master folder"(This is where the unzipped/opened installer files will go) Each has this list of folders. (Subject to Taste. This just works for me.):
Animals
Dawn
Dinosaurs
Dragons
Monsters
Sentai (Japanese Super Hero)
A folder for each generation 3 model
A folder for each generation 4 model
Genesis
Genesis 2
Ghost and Undead
Krystal (From Star Fox)
Lights, Cameras, Shaders
Environments
Furniture
Jewelry
Static Props
Transportation
Weapons
Robots
Toons.

Each of these have 2 Sub-folders each:
Runtime
My Library.

Sadly I know of no easy way to sort the stuff. I am pulling each up one at a time to see where it goes if I can not tell by name, I try the readme files...

Posted on: 5 01 15 10:17 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
so you don't have to move the geometries along with the object? So if I have a car that I want to move in the "Character" folder from it's folder to a folder named "cars", I don't have to worry about it's matching geometries? What about it's textures?
What if I simply want to remove the item entirely? Do I need to worry about it's geometries and textures? Or can I simply delete the "character" or "prop"?
Does any of this make sense? I have so much crap in my runtime that I would love to just get rid of.

Posted on: 7 01 15 11:33 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
so you don't have to move the geometries along with the object? So if I have a car that I want to move in the "Character" folder from it's folder to a folder named "cars", I don't have to worry about it's matching geometries? What about it's textures?
What if I simply want to remove the item entirely? Do I need to worry about it's geometries and textures? Or can I simply delete the "character" or "prop"?
Does any of this make sense? I have so much crap in my runtime that I would love to just get rid of.

You can move the Daz PZ2 files & Poser CR2 files to wherever you want as long as you don't touch the Geom/texture files. Don't move the Geometry or Texture files unless you want to search for them every time you use the file. Most Daz content files come with a 'uninstall app' that you can use to remove items. But if it came as a zip file you may have to open the original zip file it to find the names of them. However if its not a space issue and you just want to eliminate some of the junk that you see when you access your content folders you can always just leave everything as is and just delete the cr2/pz2 files while your program is open. It won't delete the Geom/Text files but you will not see the files in your content character/pose/light/face/hands/props folder anymore.
Does this help?

Posted on: 8 01 15 10:43 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
That does help. I have so much crap that I have installed to try out that it takes my poser 10 minutes to start up. I do want to cut that time down, BUT I can live with it if I can simply delete the stuff out of my Libraries in the program. I don't really use Poser, but I know for a fact that I would not ever use any of the V3 stuff again, so I want it gone. It would be nice to eliminate it correctly, but then I would probably break something. And I am way too lazy to start from scratch.
Once I delete it out of the library, I can then delete the folder through my file browser. OR can I delete the items that way as well. Open up explorer and go into the libraries and mass delete stuff. As long as I don't mess with the textures or geometries, like you said, I shouldn't break anything.

Posted on: 13 01 15 02:05 pm

From Kentucky
Now would probably be a bad time to mention that if you have the newest version of DAZ/Poser, there is an auto fit option that fits clothing from V3 and her family to the Genesis family. LOL

Posted on: 13 01 15 04:05 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
That does help. I have so much crap that I have installed to try out that it takes my poser 10 minutes to start up. I do want to cut that time down, BUT I can live with it if I can simply delete the stuff out of my Libraries in the program. I don't really use Poser, but I know for a fact that I would not ever use any of the V3 stuff again, so I want it gone. It would be nice to eliminate it correctly, but then I would probably break something. And I am way too lazy to start from scratch.
Once I delete it out of the library, I can then delete the folder through my file browser. OR can I delete the items that way as well. Open up explorer and go into the libraries and mass delete stuff. As long as I don't mess with the textures or geometries, like you said, I shouldn't break anything.

yes you can open explorer and delete files that way if you like...but remember if you have saved scenes associated with any of those files you're not going to be able to load them. One way to get around all that is to implement an external drive for all those extra files. Move your extra files {Poser files are best for this} into different categories and build runtime folders for each one like I do...such as...Fantasy, Sci Fi, Weapons, Everyday Clothing, Comic Stuff, etc.. Then you can load the runtime folders as you like for whatever you need for your images...and it saves you the trouble of having to re-install them in the future.

Posted on: 14 01 15 11:04 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Cool. I guess I can save the V3 stuff. I just want it out of my primary runtime. If I do like you mention and move my files into their own runtime, will that make Poser start faster? I can do a runtime that is "OLD", "Tried but didn't like", "It's OK and I might revisit these if I ever get interested in producing art"etc. LOL

Posted on: 15 01 15 08:37 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
If I do like you mention and move my files into their own runtime, will that make Poser start faster?

I can't vouch for how it'll make Poser load since I'm primarily a Daz user. But it is effective in Daz. Like I said you can name the folders whatever you want..just make sure you name the runtime sub-folders correctly or you will have trouble when you install other zip files into them.

Posted on: 17 01 15 02:36 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.