Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Challenges
Anyone gonna challenge me? :(

I got the perfect weapon. *EG*

Posted on: 7 10 04 12:15 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Duelling - Throw down the gauntlet and have at it.
Heromorph's Computer Plague (invented twittering)
From a result of bad parenting
Level : 24; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 589
MP : 245 / 34566
This sounds like a lot of fun. Great idea, WH.
kinda pushes artists to explore different styles that they might not otherwise try. very slick.

One, thought: perhaps artists post their work to the judges anonymously.
I'm certain that it won't completely mask certain artists styles, but it may help in the general rules of fairness. and I really can't see a downside to it. Except that it makes it harder for BeetleBot to collect his beer . Just a thought. unless you have already put this in the provisions, and I missed it.

Oh, and BA, I love some of the styles you use, and if you would not mind waiting until I finish my October challenge, I would be honored to take you up on your next duel. I would be the challenger of course, so we would get to use this secret weapon of choice you mentioned. I have no pre-requirements, I'll leave it all to you to lay the rules.
(is that the politest issue you ever heard, or what)
-the gentleman dueler

Posted on: 7 10 04 09:52 pm

I need constant supervision. Then I could see through chick's clothes.

Alrighty then
*smack talk mode on*

So you like to watch, eh Junior? Then watch me pound Billy here faster than a one-hit nail???????because you????????re next.

Mr. ???????The Kid???????, I????????ve posted dragondack????????s raw I made ???????Psylocke: Sanitarium??????? from at my yahoo group. It????????s under my ???????dueling raws??????? folder in the files section. ???????Sanitarium??????? took me 4 nights: one for Zen, one to visualize, and two to render. And I did ???????Bored With Bullets??????? on that first night double-charging. And I wrote ???????The Closet??????? double charging the second night (a 9 page story). I????????ll give you 4 WEEKS! And perfect espionage: ???????Sanitarium??????? stands for me, as-is. I????????ve even laid out my Zen on the shot for y????????all in detail. We should have the judging pool rescued from that big pool of their own juices ???????Sanitarium??????? just left them in by then. I left the door wide open for a titanic upset by you: plenty of obvious flaws in ???????Sanitarium??????? (like anybody????????d notice). But do whatever you like with the raw, and don????????t forget some sort of back-story in the description. I????????ve seen what you????????ve posted so far. Unless you????????re seriously hustling me??????? good friggin luck kiddo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/vagabondeye Members only, but tell them Rose sent you and Ultragirl or I will let you in. Yes, my co-admin????????s a lady, non-fiction. Mind your manners over there, or she????????s my permission to draw and quarter you???????without the horses. Its all free, after all, so????????s you can????????t really complain.

Jr. I won????????t start on our duel until you tell me you????????re ready, just cause I????????m really a nice guy????????underneath this assassin????????s shell. I may goof around all virtuoso in smack talk mode, but unlike some: I talk no smack I can????????t back.

And Billy: I????????ve put up. You shuttin???????? up yet? Get bizy!

The moon????????s up, and this devil????????s dancing. Care to cut in?

*smack talk mode off*

-Vagabond Eye..."gunwriter".

Posted on: 8 10 04 02:14 pm

Re: Suggestions?
While chatting the idea came up (and no-one objected) that it be possible for 2 artists to team-up on a manip and challenge 2 other artists.

I guess all the other rules would apply and the winning team would get one point each?

Max - But what about 3 artists per team? Messy! Cool!

Posted on: 8 10 04 08:10 pm

Re: Alrighty then
lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24330
if you can smelllllll what 'the kid' is....cookin'.

you are sooo goin down bighead.

Posted on: 8 10 04 10:06 pm

Bighead...
LOL

Posted on: 8 10 04 10:16 pm

Nameslinging.

Posted on: 8 10 04 10:45 pm

Re: Challenges
Ok, I'm felinophile (curious) enough to fall for this...I'll take y' on...while I'm waiting for Jr.

Probably gets me clobbered, but I ain'ts scerd.

Choose your "perrrfect weapon", pilgrum.

Quote:
by black_alchemy on 2004/10/8 5:15:18
Anyone gonna challenge me? :(
I got the perfect weapon. *EG*

Posted on: 8 10 04 11:24 pm

Bringing my axe...to your chicken.

Posted on: 9 10 04 10:16 am

Re: Bringing my axe...to your chicken.
yo, my bigheaded friend...

check the regular gallery.

oh BTW: bang.

Posted on: 9 10 04 12:58 pm

Just missed me! Think I'm gonna need a new hat now.

Posted on: 9 10 04 02:40 pm

The Truth...and all its flavors.
All right, listen up folks. I've been gettin continuous lip 'bout my tude here. IT AIN"T REAL! Look, ok? I'm a writer, and a fierce one at that. Y'alls wanted an old-west shoot-out here, so I write you one. Every spaghetti shootout needs a despicable braggart rustler for the town to rally ???????round--and drill. It????????s just my contribution to the character of the place.

I????????ve begun clearly marking my tomfoolery and jive with the smack talk on/off tags. Between the tags, it????????s all fiction folks.

Ok, here????????s the truth: On a scale of 1 to 10 as a photohacker, I????????m somewhere between a 6 and 8, depending on the day. I know I????????m not a 10, but don????????t try and shove a 1-5 down my throat--that ain????????t the truth neither. I????????m here to work on that. I appreciate the help. I figure those last couple of points are quite the Everest to climb, but I????????m willing. These challenges and duels are the hardest work out I????????ve ever had, writing, hacking, any of it. Love every pixel.

I expected to win against Billy, but have since learned that come to the duels with a half-assed shot and you????????ll have the other cheek handed to you. Yer all right. I coulda done way better.

I????????m expected to loose horribly against Jr. But wait-- not so fast. I????????ve never seen what I can do across a span of two or three months. ???????Sanitarium??????? was the longest I????????ve ever worked on a shot and that only took me 16 hours. Up till now I????????ve averaged 40 minutes. Give me months? I think I can upset Junior with that, if I really knuckle down and if he don????????t take me VERY seriously. Also I????????m in truth really not impressed with Junior's postings so far. There's nothing of his I haven????????t looked at and sed ???????self, I think I can do better.??????? I think he????????s holding out his best stuff for his paying customers. I want to see what he can really do???????because I want to Borg it if he can beat me.

And don????????t judge my writing by Psylocke. I really am an 11 in that. I????????m a thousand times better, and it????????s all on my yahoo group, if you????????ve the patience to actually read something. Just figured nobody takes the fiction seriously around here anyway. It????????s not what I????????m here for either.

So in summary: I????????m really a reasonable, intelligent, and reasonably humble, hard-working fella (with two degrees in astrodynamics???????not art). I just write fiercer, more life-like smack-talk than you????????re used to is all.

And I lied. I????????ve got a Power Girl on my boards already, not that it matters much over that time scale. I????????ve plans for her though. Heavy manual labor plans. Plans for poetry. Poetry of curve, texture???????and even more poetry in both motion---and Mandarin of course. Gonna take me some serious time for once.

Probably start over twice, as I said. Chalk it all up to experience. Gotta climb those last few points.

Posted on: 9 10 04 11:17 pm

Re: Alrighty then
Ok, couple extra rules I'd like to toss in from Monster Garage (y'all seen my pin-striping? I'm pretty good.):

"Can only spend $5000, and it must appear stock when finished".

I'd also like to toss in a flagrant disregard for the rules from the very same show. They get 4x the vehicle cost every show in "freebies", and THOSE are NOT stock paint jobs!

Posted on: 9 10 04 11:22 pm

Whoops.

Posted on: 9 10 04 11:31 pm

Re: Sundown Approaches
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
I finally got threw Traffic, I am ready for you Big Guy.
*Takes out bazooka and sets up shop in a bunker*
Just yell when you get here

I am going to open up a hurt locker and throw you in, Buddy.

Now that's Smack Talk done right

Posted on: 10 10 04 12:36 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Re: Whoops.
Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64126
Ok, *Whoa!* Pahdna.
Time to reign in these two fiesty stallions, so-
Take A Breather. ????

See my Judges Review over here.

Posted on: 10 10 04 08:49 am

Posted
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
I posted mine big guy. just throw yours up when you are ready.
Sue Storm Animated by Winterhawk
Sue Storm the non-animated version by Winterhawk

Posted on: 10 10 04 09:01 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Re: Just missed me! Think I'm gonna need a new hat now.
i just wanted to say...

i think Vegabondeye is talented. he tried hard on his psylocke pic...you can tell. i really enjoyed the challenge. i hope you didn't take it too personally. i'd like to see what you can do. And no, i won't gloat....waitaminute....maybe a little.

*smack talk mode FULL on*

You come in her whining and moaning about how NO one can beat you....about how you got no competition....i didn't catch your name....

IT DOSEN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS...

'the kid' raiseth 'the kids' hand and laid the smacketh down on your rootie-poo candy a$$.

maybe some of the millions and millions of 'the kids' fans can help you hobble back to your home on the corner of rootie-poo lane and jabroni drive....so you can get a little more practice....

*smack talk mode off*

i hope you know, im just giving you a hard time.

and enjoying every second of it...

Posted on: 10 10 04 09:05 am

Re: Posted
Mine is posted too...so...judges...what's the verdict?

Posted on: 11 10 04 12:59 pm

Da Winner is!!!!!
mutant
From Fort McMurray
Level : 11; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 251
MP : 48 / 14297
i don't know, i'm not a judge!!!
Seriously though; they both look REALLY good too me; (i've got some work ahead of me to compete i see) the details are well worked out (ie seams/folds/clothing contours) and it looks like both artists actually put some work into these rather than just slapping something together. In terms of technique i'd have to say these two are pretty close. But i guess i'll have to pick one, so i'll say Sue Storm as the better, just 'cause i like that character better.

Posted on: 11 10 04 04:59 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.