Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ok got Poser 7 what now?
web master
Level : 21; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 502
MP : 174 / 30291
I've seen alot of good poser stuff and want to try it out I got my hands on a copy of poser 7 but don't know crap about modeling. Any key sites with tutorials? I wanna do stuff like Toxic Angel from renderosity below is a link to his gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=17015

Oh and do the models and textures and props from previous versions work with Poser 7? Any help is appreciated.

Posted on: 30 10 07 07:51 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Ok got Poser 7 what now?
web master
Wow my stats SUCK!!! HP 0 ? Ouch.

Posted on: 30 10 07 07:52 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
well renderosity and daz3d are the best sites I know of for free 3d content and tutorials. both have tons of stuff to download and play with as well as learn from.

Posted on: 30 10 07 09:00 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

superhero
From Nova Scotia, Canada
Level : 14; EXP : 97
HP : 0 / 349
MP : 85 / 18206
I am a Poser 7 user, and love the program. I never had any problems importing content from P6 to P7, I couldn't tell you from earlier versions than P5. Bear in mind that some of the newest content is specifically made for P6 or above due to their material shaders. Toxic Angel does do some killer work, but he only uses Poser for the figure, everything else is postwork, a testament to his skills. If you're looking for 3D modeling, I'd use Carrera, Hexagon, or Shade. Poser isn't really made for modelling, more for human figures which it excels at.

Posted on: 30 10 07 04:28 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
Well I'm strictly a DAZ Studio 1.8 user myself although I do also have Poser7 eventhough I just use it for the content [I haven't gotten the hang of operating Poser yet]. Like Winter said, Daz 3D and Renderosity are great sites to acquire free content. But if you are serious about 3D I would suggest you join the Platunum Club at Daz. You get a year's membership for $100 and receive great discounts on top selling 3D stuff [as low as $0.89 during the sale they have going on now]. You can also try Animotions, they have a great download section with tons of stuff, the majority being for superheroes. Content Paradise also offers some cool freebies as well

Posted on: 30 10 07 06:42 pm

web master
Quote:

cypher389 wrote:
I am a Poser 7 user, and love the program. I never had any problems importing content from P6 to P7, I couldn't tell you from earlier versions than P5. Bear in mind that some of the newest content is specifically made for P6 or above due to their material shaders. Toxic Angel does do some killer work, but he only uses Poser for the figure, everything else is postwork, a testament to his skills. If you're looking for 3D modeling, I'd use Carrera, Hexagon, or Shade. Poser isn't really made for modelling, more for human figures which it excels at.

Well like I said I want to do stuff kinda of like ToxicAngel but am unsure what to do render the body and postwork it? Or do I use props and the body? I tried to read the manual on the poser CD but it reads like a VCR manual LOL. I just wondered if theres a start to finish type tutorial somewhere of poser/photoshop figure art I guess is what you'd call it???

Posted on: 31 10 07 01:02 pm

superhero
Level : 13; EXP : 58
HP : 0 / 314
MP : 70 / 15749
ToxicAngel uses several different techniques. Some of his stuff is 90% painted, others are about 50/50 painted/rendered. If you are just starting out, I'd try putting as much into the render as you can, so you have a digger base to work from when painting.

Posted on: 31 10 07 03:10 pm

web master
Anyone have a standing archer type pose??? I tried making one but when I twist the head it looks like plastic man's neck LMAO....I have a bow prop just need the pose I suck at posing the figures. PLEASE HELP :)

Posted on: 2 11 07 09:50 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:

HubCap wrote:
Anyone have a standing archer type pose??? I tried making one but when I twist the head it looks like plastic man's neck LMAO....I have a bow prop just need the pose I suck at posing the figures. PLEASE HELP :)

the trick is to twist the neck a little then twist the head a little.

Posted on: 2 11 07 10:14 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

web master
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Quote:

HubCap wrote:

the trick is to twist the neck a little then twist the head a little.

Man I suck Winter can't get the arms and hands to look right I hate the posing part of this program. I wanna get to the post work LOL. Oh well back at it I guess.

Posted on: 5 11 07 07:02 am

superhero
Level : 19; EXP : 57
HP : 0 / 464
MP : 148 / 27792
I can't add much else to this topic, its already been covered.

As to myself, I would love to learn Photoshop more, since postworked images can make an image look much better.

However, that requires actual artistic skill (and that's the entire reason I use Poser; because I have a creative urge but no skill at drawing :) ).

Posted on: 5 11 07 08:01 pm

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24298
There is a lot more to being an artist than the ability to create on paper what you see in your head. Some people are great at drawing, but have no artistic sense whatsoever. Don't feel bad about yourself, feel bad for them. The will never know the sometimes painful joy of sudden inspiration, or the driving passion that makes you forget to eat and sleep.

Posted on: 7 11 07 11:21 am
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

vigilante
Level : 2; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 31
MP : 4 / 1892
Hubcap:
Poser takes a long time to learn to be proficient at. Most every old Poser figure or prop will work in Poser 7 (at least Poser 3-7). Hints. Download all the free stuff that you can find that you might possibly use (Renderosity, Renderotica, Content Paradise, DAZ3D, Poser World, Poser Pros, Runtime DNA [the list goes on]). Pose using the dials, don't try to tug on body parts. If you want to do hero stuff, download the characters you find at places like Heromorph and Animotions (I have a few things at my site). Warning: Poser is always hungry and likes it when you spend money on figures, props and environments.

As for an Archer pose, which figure do you need the pose for? What works for one figure, say James or P4 Dork, may not work for Michael.
Scarlet

Posted on: 9 11 07 03:15 pm

NooB
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
I have Poser 7 and even Carrara 6 Pro. But I find myself using Daz Studio more and more. I just can't seem to get the hang of the other two. I am trying, though.

I have to say that I like Poser's renders a lot more than Daz Studio's.

Posted on: 12 11 07 05:10 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
Quote:

Scarlet wrote:As for an Archer pose, which figure do you need the pose for? What works for one figure, say James or P4 Dork, may not work for Michael.
Scarlet

That's not entirely true. More or less it's the other way around that you have problems. Not every pose designed for one particular character will work for another but most times it comes so close that just a push or pull this way or that will get the results you want.
As for your problem Hub. If you indeed have Poser content there is a pose that may help you along the path to acheiving what you want. Follow this path...Poses/Poser 1-5/Sculpture Sets, use the Hercules Archer pose. This is pretty good for an archery scene...his lower torso and legs are bent different than what you like but it'll be easier posing them for you than adjusting the upper arms and hands. It'll work well with M3.

Posted on: 15 11 07 11:23 am

web master
Quote:

StarChild wrote:
Quote:

Scarlet wrote:As for an Archer pose, which figure do you need the pose for? What works for one figure, say James or P4 Dork, may not work for Michael.
Scarlet

That's not entirely true. More or less it's the other way around that you have problems. Not every pose designed for one particular character will work for another but most times it comes so close that just a push or pull this way or that will get the results you want.
As for your problem Hub. If you indeed have Poser content there is a pose that may help you along the path to acheiving what you want. Follow this path...Poses/Poser 1-5/Sculpture Sets, use the Hercules Archer pose. This is pretty good for an archery scene...his lower torso and legs are bent different than what you like but it'll be easier posing them for you than adjusting the upper arms and hands. It'll work well with M3.

Thanks starchild will try that.

Posted on: 15 11 07 01:32 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.