Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Justice League - The New Frontier DVD
Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51638
Yesterday I had the pleasure of viewing the new Justice League New Frontier movie. This is the latest offering from DC animation following the release of "Doomsday" which I haven't seen, but heard was pretty bad.

I knew up front that this was yet another realization of the Justice League characters and not a continuation of the recent Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series, which I loved and now miss terribly.

Overall I really liked JLNF. It was a bit uneven at times, and the story dragged somewhat in places, but it was a real pleasure seeing the origins of the Hal Jordan Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter. Most of the voice actors did great jobs (especially David Boreanaz as Hal).

One scene to look for is J'onn watching TV to become aquainted with human existance, and "becoming" the various characters he sees, including one "rascally rabbit" under contract to Warner.

The character designs were straight out of the 50's, so don't be too startled by some of the more "late golden age - early silver age" look. And who among us remembers Diana's invisible jet, and Oliver Queen's "Arrow Plane"

I must admit I didn't like Wonder Woman. She must wear a EEEEEE bra or worse, I haven't seen a chest like that since hattie McDaniel from Gone With the Wind. Yes, I realize she's an Amazon Warrier, but she looked very masculine in this movie. Lucy Lawless did the voice OK, but I guess I was just too used to Susan Eisenberg.

I would love to know what other HM'rs think of it.

-Wasmith with thumbs up!

Posted on: 27 02 08 10:51 am

Re: Justice League - The New Frontier DVD
Ring Forger
From Mexico
Level : 30; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 743
MP : 417 / 36165
i miss as well Bruce Timm's DCAU, i think they should make a final movie or something, i mean it was on air for about 12 years, from Batman TAS, up the JLU.
In JLNF i didnt like WW that much, but at the end i think she was more or less "realistic" to the character, and the time. Other than that, i loved it.
I read that DC animation is coming with TT: Judas contract, and the animation wont be like in the series, also a WW movie. And Batman Gotham Knight, which is gonna be like the animatrix. 6 stories that happend between B Begins and Dark Knight, the villians will be Killer croc, scarecrow and Deadshot. All stories will be made in anime style

Posted on: 27 02 08 11:27 am
Create PDF from Post Print

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 86
HP : 0 / 21
MP : 3 / 1039
the style was great but I felt it was pretty bad overall if Im honest

Posted on: 27 02 08 11:56 am

loved nf hated ww she was a crazy bitch untill the end superman was cool and a certian king showing up at the end was cool..i got the 2 disc format anyone elese get that . it has a legion of doom villans profile on it and the writers commentery pretty cool stuff

Posted on: 27 02 08 02:56 pm

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
I did not get the 2-disc set, couldn't find it. The store where I bought my 1-disk copy had it on sale for 14.99 yankee dollars.

By the way did anyone else get a sort of "Watchmen" feel to this?

Posted on: 27 02 08 05:46 pm

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52474
I almost bought that tonight, but I thought I'd see what everyone here thought first. Is it worth buying or just renting?

Posted on: 27 02 08 08:09 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72347
Well I can say this it was good.way more violent than any other JL. Will I own it. still not sure. I would rent it first to see if you think it is worth keeping. I did like the 1950's look to the characters. it wa a nice change of pace.

Posted on: 27 02 08 08:26 pm

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60303
Quote:
And Batman Gotham Knight, which is gonna be like the animatrix. 6 stories that happend between B Begins and Dark Knight, the villians will be Killer croc, scarecrow and Deadshot. All stories will be made in anime style

That's great I really want to see that!

I haven't see JLNF (I hear it's pretty good), but I want to tell you that the Superman/Doomsday DVD movie really sucks!...the battles are well done, but the story is far away from what happened in the comics, I liked better the special features, about how the DC comics teams came up with the idea of killing superman and his rebirth... this was better than the movie itself!

PS: the way they "draw" superman's face it's horrible!!

Posted on: 28 02 08 11:42 am

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Quote:
Is it worth buying or just renting?

Well I collect animated movies, so I HAD to buy it. Should you buy it? I guess it all depends... the price I paid was OK compared to other stuff. Would you want to pay a couple bucks to rent, then decide you want to own it, and then end up spending more money on it overall when you buy it? Maybe just rent it for now, then look for a used copy at Blockbuster in 3 months.

Posted on: 28 02 08 12:01 pm

Quote:
Well I collect animated movies, so I HAD to buy it

he... I do the same

Posted on: 28 02 08 12:54 pm

thug
Level : 28; EXP : 15
HP : 0 / 678
MP : 337 / 35248
I liked the movie but I was disappointed in some of the things that were left out or only barely touched upon from the graphic novel. This movie is based on a limited series which is now collected into one volume done by Darwyn Cooke. He's the artist thats doing the new Spirit series. At least up to #12 from what I hear. The 'New Frontier' book is AWESOME! But like I said, the movie is good but leaves out some of the stuff I liked in the book. Which is understandable since alot of the stuff it leaves out contained characters most people have never heard of from the really OLD days of DC. Admittedly I had only a passing knowledge of them until this book. The visual design is very close to the book except that they couldn't spend the time on it that Cooke did so its more simplistic. My wife is a big WW fan and she didn't like this version either.

Posted on: 29 02 08 12:48 pm

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50790
Kinda sounds a lot like the Ultimate Avengers movie. I don't know, I'll probably at least end up renting it just to satisfy my curiosity.

Posted on: 29 02 08 09:13 pm

Quote:
I was disappointed in some of the things that were left out or only barely touched upon from the graphic novel

I didn't read the graphic novel, so I guess I will enjoy the movie better, since I don't have anything to compare it.

Posted on: 29 02 08 10:16 pm

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25963
I do feel a little let down, I mean thats it? I think it worked pretty well as a Green Lantern origin but other than that. But then agian i haven't read the book and more of a generaytion x, or what ever, and like mindles fight sences and whatnot

Have to say my favourite part was the end when Supergirl showed up

Posted on: 2 03 08 05:34 am

Hero to the stars
From Moses Lake, Washington
Level : 42; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 1031
MP : 950 / 56509
I agree with Alex, I was disappointed with the movie. I also have not read the graphic novel but the movie lacked something. I rented the movie and will not buy it.

I also agree that I did not like this version of Wonder Woman but the movie was a decent origin story for Green Lantern.

There were many characters in the movie I would like to have seen more of like Green Arrow and the Blackhawks and of course Supergirl.

Overall I give the movie a C-, OK to rent but I do not want to own it.

Posted on: 2 03 08 08:14 am

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 48
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 98084
I found a link to it ,so that way there's no rental.
I'll watch it later.
Hope it works!

http://www.supernovatube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1432834943

Here's a more HD link with less pixelation,
More Watchable in Full screen mode:-

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OPJ2YO64

Posted on: 2 03 08 12:53 pm

vigilante
From Norwood Ma.
Level : 4; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 87
MP : 11 / 4843
It left a lot out from the books but they always do for the time frame it was set n I thought it was alright I mean the big push is its the first pg 13 J.L.A. movie. C+ def.

Posted on: 2 03 08 02:14 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.