Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 86

chowyspizz, more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Happy 4th of July HM
Gold Member
From If you don't know by now don't ask!
Level : 29; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 705
MP : 369 / 40479
Hello to my fellow HeroMorphers,
I would like to take the chance to say Happy Independence day to all of you. I know we have a wide group from different parts of the world here, so this may not mean the same thing to everyone.
As most of you know by know I am working as a Department of Defence contractor for the US Army in Iraq(Not Blackwater), I have been over here since late 2004 and I would like to pass on some of the things that I have learned over here. I know that this is not a popular war with most of you and everyone is free to have their own opinions. I for one would do this again if given a chance, I have watched a nation of people who had the personality of beaten dogs when I got here, they cowered at anyone showing power, you could see it in their eyes there was no fight in most of them, the few that I did see fight in were on the other side of the fence from me looking in. After almost 4 years of working here, I really don't feel like going into what I have done or did although some of you know details, I have learned things about myself that most people will never have to. I have also watched a sence of pride grow in the Iraqi people, that now look you in the eye as an equal instead of the cowering that they used to do. Contrary to what the media tells most nights on the news, the Iraqi people want us here and they tell those of us over here contsantly that they are glad we are here. One day Iraq will become a thriving country again and I am proud that I have been a aprt of this adventure over here.
Why am I telling you all of this? Simple 232 years ago we rose up as a nation and took up the fight for freedom, we did it without help for most of the time, until Englands enemy France saw that we had the chance to win and became our allies for our independence. Ever since that day U.S. citizens have stepped up and chose to serve this great nation and millions have died defending her. Everyone of those Soldiers, Airmen, Saloirs, Marines and Coast Guard men chose to lay down their lives so that we could continue to enjoy the freedoms we have today. Were all of these deaths necessary, I don't know nor will I get into a flame war here about it, that would dishonor their sacrifices. I ask everyone of you to take a moment and thank a former or current servicman or woman today for the freedoms that we all enjoy.
God Belss everyone of you and have a great 4th.
MC AKA Roy

Posted on: 4 07 08 06:02 am
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Happy 4th of July HM
Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54599
Have a great 4th of July, guys.

Posted on: 4 07 08 06:43 am

The Big Daddy
From Coming to you from America's hurricane central, Bay Saint Louis, MS
Level : 21; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 501
MP : 173 / 27457
And God Bless You Chief!

Posted on: 4 07 08 06:51 am

Hero to the stars
From Moses Lake, Washington
Level : 42; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 1031
MP : 950 / 56327
HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYONE!!!!

Even though I served in the military (USMC) I still thank others who also served our country as defenders of our freedom.

And thank you MC for your comments, always good to here what's going on from someone who is there.

Posted on: 4 07 08 08:59 am

Hellfire Club Member
From The Muggy Depths of Amerika
Level : 19; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 450
MP : 139 / 22422
while i may not respect the reasons we went to war, i DO however respect the soldier's and contractors who went to war. whether or not it was the right thing is not the question, but rather their courage in risking their lives everyday they are there, simply because they were asked to. not everyone, hell, very few would do that willingly, and so i respect those who do immensely.
Most soldiers i know, (those i share classes with), tend to be very nice, unnarrogant people, and deal well with the naysayers and those unappreciative of what they do.

i wish you luck MC, and all those who serve with you.
Happy fourth of July!

Posted on: 4 07 08 10:27 am

I be all Zen and shit.

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.