Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Brave and Bold Cartoon
Gold Member
From Tulsa
Level : 2; EXP : 97
HP : 0 / 49
MP : 6 / 2206
Is anyone else watching this? I think it's an incredible amount of fun... Batman is a sort of 50's or Silver Age version and at times is almost jovial... and the guests have been varied mostly second stringers... a great way to get exposed to the diversity of the DC Universe.

Regards,

Erus

Posted on: 28 01 09 01:53 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Brave and Bold Cartoon
vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 21
HP : 0 / 5
MP : 1 / 254
I have been watching it since it came on and I really like it. It's funny that the guy that played Oswald on Drew Carrey is the voice of Batman. I really like the people he has been teaming with. I would like to see a full episode with Kamadi at some point, but aside from that I have no complaints

Posted on: 29 01 09 04:06 am

Hellfire Club Member
From The Muggy Depths of Amerika
Level : 19; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 450
MP : 139 / 22418
i dunno...i catched a few eps, and i'm just not that much of a fan.

i dunno, maybe for me, batman will always be bruce timm's batman. i just cant get into this 'funny' batman at all.

Posted on: 29 01 09 04:45 am

I be all Zen and shit.

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
First off... I have no clue what you are talking about. Brave and Bold sounds like a really crappy soup where you would hear "But I saw you get decapitated" "Yes, Mitsy... you did see me get my head cut off. But thanks to Doctor Wack-n-tacker he was able to reconnect it"

I will take it that this is a Cartoon... with Batman teaming up with other people... and he is funny. That doesn't sound like any Batman I have ever known. But yeah, if Batman is funny... then that will suck. "Hey Robin... Pull my Finger"

But I will not Judge until I see this cartoon. Is it actually called "Brave and Bold"?

Posted on: 29 01 09 08:05 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
I saw it once and thought was pretty cool. I enjoyed.

Posted on: 29 01 09 09:02 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

thug
Level : 28; EXP : 15
HP : 0 / 678
MP : 337 / 35128
The complete title of the show is Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Its based on a comic from the 60's and 70's (I think) that contained a different team-up every month but I thought it was always a team-up with Superman and someone else. I could be wrong. The art style of the show is more of a silver or golden age looking Batman combined with a cartoon. I like it quite a bit. No Junior, Batman is not funny in it. The show itself is more lighthearted than BTAS was but Batman is still pretty no-nonsense. There is humor but it comes more from the co-stars. The show actually is quite good.

Posted on: 29 01 09 07:12 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71121
Quote:

VagabondX wrote:
The complete title of the show is Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Its based on a comic from the 60's and 70's (I think) that contained a different team-up every month but I thought it was always a team-up with Superman and someone else. I could be wrong. The art style of the show is more of a silver or golden age looking Batman combined with a cartoon. I like it quite a bit. No Junior, Batman is not funny in it. The show itself is more lighthearted than BTAS was but Batman is still pretty no-nonsense. There is humor but it comes more from the co-stars. The show actually is quite good.

You are correct on a number of points. It is based on a comic from the 60's and 70's however it was a Batman team-up, just like here (actually, it had a very long run of Jim Aparo in his prime... some of the best art DC produced during those years). The art here on Bats is more of his 50's style although there's a strange confluence of styles on the show - ex: 70's Kirby is there during the Kamandi bit. I would also disagree about the funny Batman part. Batman actually exhibits at least a few bits of wry humor each episode, not LOL funny but more smile out of the corner of your mouth bits. It is great to see DC reviving and re-introducing so many of it's rich archive of characters although DC has always had a maddening disregard for continuity and it shows thru on this show from time to time. Overall, while not nearly as good as the Bruce Timm Batman, it's still a fun little romp, nothing great but a fun half hour.

Posted on: 29 01 09 09:57 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Cool then... thanks for the info guys. I will have to check this out... I wonder if Hulu has it... I am going to go check.

Posted on: 5 02 09 10:15 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.