Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (19 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Wonder Woman 2.o
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72111
Look who is getting the reset button....

"Attention all obsessive comic fans! Set your mood dials to "outraged." Wonder Woman, one of the most popular superheroes of all time, is getting a new look.

Even casual fans of the Amazon Princess can spot her famous threads a mile away. Blue shorts with white stars, a bold bustier, and bright red boots that make Superman's look downright tasteful. All that's about to change, though. Starting with this month's comic, Wonder Woman starts wearing pants.

You can almost hear the fanboys screaming. But, according to a popular blog from CNN, there is a reason for the switch. Writer J. Michael Straczynski, who is taking over writing the comic, commented on a DC Comics blog post, "I wanted to toughen her up, and give her a modern sensibility." She's been saving the world for 69 years. If you ask us, it's only fair that she finally treat herself to some new threads.

So, what are the specifics? The biggest news is that she'll lose the hot pants, and wear tight blue pants instead. The famous bracelets are still around, but, according to Straczynski, they'll be more colorful, "with a script W on each of them that form WW when she holds them side by side?and if you get hit by one of them, it leaves a W mark." As Straczynski puts it, "this is a Wonder Woman who signs her work."

But it's not just Wonder Woman's appearance that's been changed. Her back story is different, too. The New York Times explains: "In the reimagining of her story, Wonder Woman, instead of growing up on Paradise Island with her mother, Queen Hippolyta, and her Amazon sisters, is smuggled out as a baby when unknown forces destroy her home and slaughter its inhabitants." Clearly, this is a darker version for a more dangerous world.

Not surprisingly, the news of Wonder Woman's new look and history inspired huge searches on Yahoo!. Lookups for "wonder woman changes," "new wonder woman," and "wonder woman outfit" all roared to life. Others wanted to know more about Wonder Woman's alter ego. (FYI, she goes by the name Diana Price when she's not kicking criminal butt.) And lest you think her classic look will simply fade away, consider this: Searches on "sexy wonder woman outfit" have already started their ascent in preparation for Halloween.

Follow Buzz Log on Twitter."

Posted on: 30 06 10 06:27 pm

Re: Wonder Woman 2.o
Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35766
Hmmm...

A DC character re-write? Never heard of such a thing.
But it sounds great.

I think they should do all the DC characters that way.

They could kill off Superman for starters, then bring him back with long hair. That'd be cool.

Maybe break Bruce Wayne's back...let Dick be the bat for a while...or just kill him outright. Then bring him back in a darker costume with less comical undertones.

And how about Green Arrow...he could blow up in a plane!!!!
That'd be awesome.

I guess that's what happens when DC's writers run out of ideas...they re-run old ones.

Too bad DC revamped Wondy in the 90's with the whole loss of the Amazon Title to Artemis. But I guess they didn't give her pants then (just a jacket and gloves), so this is different, huh?

I'm sure this'll be ok, all of the die hard classic wonderwoman fans survived the change from culottes to the bodysuit afterall.
And Lord knows WonderWoman should leave a Zorro-esque signature on her captives, too. (Very Princess-like to Brand the vanquished, eh?)

On a less sarcastic note, maybe bringing her into the more modern attitude could be just the thing to get more new readers to join her fan club, what with all the pantsuited Wonderwoman cartoons and movies out there...

Posted on: 1 07 10 12:05 am

superhero
From Lynnfield, MA USA
Level : 13; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 306
MP : 67 / 18334
hey,

well, if we all remember the old series, especially
Seasons 2 & 3, the show had WW in pants and bodysuits
whether she was on a ranch or riding a bike or scuba
diving. they diverted from the original outfit so it
is not a new thing. not that I'm saying it's a bad
thing, but like DD said, maybe a reboot might give
her more fans.

Posted on: 1 07 10 04:25 am
Create PDF from Post Print

mutant
Level : 10; EXP : 40
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 10419
I am taking bets now on how long this will last.

Posted on: 2 07 10 11:48 pm

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60128
That new look, isn't gonna last, I'll give it a year...like the darker costume of batman (after he fights with batman/azrael)...the same history DC making stupid changes.

Posted on: 3 07 10 12:25 am

mutant
Level : 10; EXP : 40
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 10419
Quote:

Dark_Knight_DK wrote:
That new look, isn't gonna last, I'll give it six months... like Electric Superman... the same history DC making stupid changes.

Fixed it for you

Posted on: 3 07 10 09:00 am

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47824
It's just another ploy to sell more comics. It's not the most original idea, since it's been done before with every other hero, and in fact it's been done before with her, so no big deal really. It's just that this time the change has been made more public that all the other times. The classic costume will return by next year.

Posted on: 3 07 10 06:46 pm

Quote:

LiarsSmile wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Knight_DK wrote:
That new look, isn't gonna last, I'll give it six months... like Electric Superman... the same history DC making stupid changes.

Fixed it for you

Thanks for the help!...you know what DC needs to do to sell wonder woman's comic?...it's an artist who can make Diana very sexy and athletic at the same time (like Mike Deodato, Jim valent or Jinky Coronado )

Posted on: 4 07 10 09:57 pm

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35766
Quote:
you know what DC needs to do to sell wonder woman's comic?...it's an artist who can make Diana very sexy and athletic at the same time (like Mike Deodato, Jim valent or Jinky Coronado

Truer words never spoken!!!!

no redone costume, no new origin...just sexify her!!

Perfectly put, DK!

And LiarsSmile...

Quote:
Electric Superman

I had forgotten all about that little fiasco, or at least was trying to. Along with Billy Ray Cyrus and the Macarena....

Posted on: 6 07 10 01:57 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
To sell comics, she needs to run round nekked.

Maybe they could make her electric pants wearing WOnder WOman... that would ROCK!

Posted on: 6 07 10 10:57 am

Arch Nemesis
Level : 32; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 789
MP : 482 / 47125
I think Jinky C. would make an excellent artist for the new WW

Posted on: 7 07 10 04:55 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71121
Quote:

MissVee wrote:
I think Jinky C. would make an excellent artist for the new WW

Well, okay... no disagreement there BUT...
While I can not exceed Drunken Dragon's brilliant sarcasm Here's the thing... it's not that I hate the new outfit or anything but there is great power in being iconic. It affords a level of instant recognition that spans time and generation. While the idea of upgrading Iron Man from time to time seems a rather natural fit, I don't think that's true of most heroes... usually rather subtle style changes work best. Hey, I've got a novel idea... how about latest dumbass writers like Straczynski keep their egos out of messing with nearly 70 years of tradition and try ACTUALLY WRITING GOOD STORIES as opposed to attempting cheap ploys to sell a few more books. Same message to the editors. Of course a few of us are old enough to remember Denny O'Neil (considered one of the better comic writers of his time) and his WW revamp complete with new costume... even he had to admit how badly he screwed up the character looking back. but we are talking about DC, it stands for Dismiss Continuity, right?

Posted on: 8 07 10 08:26 pm

Gold Member
From North Canton, OH
Level : 13; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 311
MP : 69 / 17540
JMS is hardly the "latest dumbass writer". He's been around for a while now and is very good at what he does. He got most of his fame working on Marvel's Ultimate universe line. Reinventing heroes is what he does well. Also, sometimes you have to remember that writers are given assignments by their publishers mostly. I don't know of DC assigned this to him or if he pitched and they signed off on it though.

I also think Jinky C. should do the art!

Posted on: 8 07 10 09:04 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
This is exactly why I have always thought DC sucked. I know all comic companies kill folks off to make an extra buck... but DC is the best at it. They should kill WW first, THEN bring her back in her new garbs. Better yet, kill her off and then introduce 10 new "want to be" WWs. That would make a lot more sense. This is why I quit collecting. The art got crappier than the stories.

Posted on: 9 07 10 07:20 am

Quote:

but we are talking about DC, it stands for Dismiss Continuity, right?

you are right!

Posted on: 9 07 10 06:00 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.