Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

DC Comics Raven to get her shot at the small screen
Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67890
Has anyone heard about this. We all know that this is the last season for Smallville, but I've heard that they plan to fill it's spot with a Raven adventure show? Now don't get me wrong I think that Raven is one of the more intriging DC characters with plenty of background story to work with, but let's face it she's always been a role player. Even when she was with the Titans you would tend to forget about her. Now maybe they'll pep up her personality abit to make her more appealing to the TV audience, but really can't they come up with a better choice?

Posted on: 14 12 10 01:02 pm

Re: DC Comics Raven to get her shot at the small screen
From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71429
Actually, comics never really translate to live action TV in a satisfactory way (at least for me). Smallville (the best adaptation yet) became much more in line with the comics over several seasons but how long did it take them to get on track??!! I wouldn't expect DC to accurately depict a major player right off, particularly since I suspect many of the writers are not long term comic fans so I rather like the idea of them taking a lesser figure with great potential and building on it. I would like to think it bears greater potential for success but I suspect I'll end up eating those words when it turns out to be a Sabrina the Teenage Witch retread!

Posted on: 14 12 10 05:12 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 92
MP : 11 / 3739
Well The Walking Dead is translating pretty damn well. . .and that's a comic.

I can't vouch much for Smallville, I stopped watching after season 3. Been checking out some of this last season just to see how it's going to end.

You are right though, If this show does get off the ground - It will most likely be some strange Sabrina/Smallville/Twilight hybrid *shudder*

Posted on: 15 01 11 03:41 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36327
1st off is this raven that dark chick in the teen titans cartoons? cause if it is I wouldn't mind watching it. About Smallville I've seen like 2 or 3 chapters, never hav I been in for DC Comics...

Posted on: 16 01 11 07:05 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.