Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 78

MilfordCan, more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The Amazing Spider-fellow
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82018
I just finished watching The Amazing Web Crawler. You know, the new one (2012) with the Brittish/English kid as Peter Parker....
I liked it. I will probably buy it... but what I really liked was the fact that they kept it true to form with him creating his own web shooters. That in itself made the movie.

Posted on: 30 11 12 11:31 pm

Re: The Amazing Spider-fellow
Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43706
True, they kept it within form with the web shooters, but they still made him a skateboarding, smartass that seemed to be a wee bit too good at parkour when he got those powers. Of course, I loved the wisecracks as Spiderman, but as Peter, he's not supposed to be such a smartass. Uncle Ben was played down too. What's the sense in getting a well-known actor to play such an important role if the writing just neuters him? One more gripe... The Lizard, yes it looked cool, but I thought he looked too much like Voldemorte in the face. Not a lizard-like face at all.

Posted on: 1 12 12 04:51 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67900
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
I liked it. I will probably buy it... but what I really liked was the fact that they kept it true to form with him creating his own web shooters. That in itself made the movie.

yeah. that's about all in the movie that was true to form. they changed everything. i had no problem with them giving peter's persona an upgrade. i had no problem with the lizard. i even had no problem with the shortened roles of uncle ben and aunt may [who needs 'em anyways]. but no j. jonah jameson? no daily bugle? c'mon. how can you have a movie without spidey's #1 nemesis? and what's with gwen stacey..a bio-tech genius? and what was worse of all was everyone knowing spidey's secret identity. but then that seemed to be a trend in the previous spiderman movies. everytime you turned around he was pulling his mask off..like he didn't care who saw him. the second spiderman movie was the worse especially that train scene. imean c'mon. he pulls his mask off then jumps on the front of a train that's speeding through the whole city. and what was worse was after he passed out and woke up with all the passengers staring down at him..the first thing the jackass does is reach for his face like he's shocked they see him. lol. what's the point of even wearing it? anyways. the best part about the new movie was the fight scenes..other than that i doubt i'll ever watch it again.

Posted on: 5 12 12 09:44 am

Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36334
Guess I'll be downloading this one to see all the bad stuff about it...

Posted on: 5 12 12 02:26 pm

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62854
Jr and I already talked about this on xbox live. It made me laugh that the soul reason he can't stand the first set of movies is because his shooters were a part of his body. The fact that he didn't make them killed the whole trilogy for Jr.

I told him I liked the Toby McGuire versions because he was a damn geek. I told him the reason I didn't want to see the new ones is because he's all emo and looks nothing like the geeky nerd to be picked on constantly.

Posted on: 6 12 12 02:27 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82018
I hated Spiderman (Comic Book) when he acquired the black outfit (Secret Wars) and shot webs out of the tops of his hands. Oh, don't get me wrong... I liked the look... but... 1st: you can't grab a web shot out of the top of your hand... 2nd: It was just stupid!
Yup, hated the first three because he produced his own webs. That is just nasty. He was spunking all over the city! Plus, I always thought of his web shooteres being a weakness. I liked that. But if you can spooge from your wrists... it defeats the purpose.

The new Peter was a little too "Cool". Toby was a better Spidy... But this movie was all around better. ALthough, I do agree that the lizard looked like "He who shall not be named"

And I still don't understand how Spidy's feet stick to a wall when he is wearing sneakers.

Here....

Posted on: 6 12 12 08:54 am

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60351
I have to admit that when I saw the costume for the first time I hated it, but after watching the movie I changed my mind about the costume...and I have to say that I liked this movie better than the other 3, the action scenes with the webs are great!.

Posted on: 6 12 12 11:16 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.