Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Who's watching Heroes?
Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33918
Why does your little brother post as Alex, Alex?

Posted on: 4 11 06 06:28 pm

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 26013
He made it, i just posted it

Quote:

jediadept wrote:

Posted on: 4 11 06 07:43 pm

Gold Member
Quote:

jediadept wrote:

Quote:

Alex wrote:
He made it, i just posted it

Just asking
Posted on: 5 11 06 09:08 am

mutant
Level : 13; EXP : 18
HP : 0 / 304
MP : 66 / 17314
Ok, what's new on this show. I knew Micah would be cool. He can fix electronic stuff. But since the phone stopped working as soon as his dad grabbed it, he must need to be in contact with it to maintain the "repair". I also think Linderman will be someone with power just because he's so connected to everyone else. He may not be a good guy, though. Maybe a Lex Luther type who will attempt to pull the strings of the other heroes. Syler may work for him, since he apparently has the ability to find others with power. But if not I'm sure he's connected somehow.

The car wreck rescue was sort of cool. I wish they'd have shown more of Hiro's rescue, because I think he had to move them one at a time. He's not strong enough to move both together and they weren't together when he let time start back up. I might have been even better if when he tried to grab them he'd discovered that they were already phased and the blast would have gone right through them. Then he would know his 2nd powered person besides himself.

I hope they keep doing these random team-ups to let these people start to meet each other and see that they aren't alone.

I can't wait til Monday!!!

Posted on: 10 11 06 08:14 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82109
It's MONDAY!!!!

Posted on: 13 11 06 10:02 am

mutant
I just want to say..."WOW!!!" I really need to see it again before I make my comments. This was one of my favorite episodes so far.

I'm wonder about Hiro's trip to the past...his first attempt. When the future Hiro came back to talk to Peter, he mentioned that he was risking causing a rift. This trip might let us know what he meant by that.

Posted on: 15 11 06 06:28 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Hiro has to save the waitress just because he thinks he has a chance of getting laid. And why would whats-his-nuts kill a girl that has a super memory? That really isn't all that impressive... Sheesh... Someone kill the god-darn cheerleader!!! Pa-lease!

Posted on: 15 11 06 07:59 am

Gold Member
I only just got to view this weeks episode on the NBC website.

On the official NBC "Heroes" homepage is a link to "Are you on the list?". When clicked, this link replays a section of part four of the show, where Mohinder Suresh enters his sisters name as the password and a list of "Extraordinary People" scrolls down the screen. About halfway down my home town was listed.

I thought that this was a nifty bit of subroutine programming, making the assumption that my zip code was picked up from my server and entered on to the list.

I then rewatched the actual show web-feed from NBC, and DAMN! it was there again. Is this a nifty bit of subroutine that the web site programmers had the forsight to cover on both fronts, or by coinkydink (which I very much doubt), did my backwater town actually show up?
Out of curiosity, I ran a people search on the name of the person supposedly from my town and came up with nadda!

Would someone else check this out for their own city, and post their findings?, and post their findings?
This is might be an exeptionally well thought out hook for viral-advertising.

Posted on: 21 11 06 11:50 pm

mutant
Ok...all of Isaac's paintings came true, but not the way we expected. Apparently Sylar can't detect the mutant ability as I thought or he wouldn't have picked the wrong cheerleader. I was wondering how he was able to remove the top of someone's head so easily. He has a laser finger. I wonder what else he can do. He can already heal injuries so why would he need Claire's power? He took the ice guy's brain so I assume he has cold powers. I also wonder why he wanted the little girl at the jail. What can she do? So far she hasn't said a word.

Posted on: 22 11 06 07:43 am

web master
Level : 21; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 502
MP : 174 / 30436
I also am hooked on this show. I found out about it after the marathon and downloaded all the episodes and watched them back to back. I have them if we have space I could somehow upload em. They are all Tivo'd off an HDTV w/o any commercials. There's also a wikipedia of heroes and episodes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_episodes

Let me know if you guys want me to upload episodes 1-8 haven't got 9 yet but will.

Posted on: 22 11 06 02:11 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

mutant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%28TV_series%29

That's a very informative site. I hope this show lasts. The writer says he has 5 seasons mapped out. As long as they keep writing at the current level it will be great. They'll ruin it if they try to make a "comic book" show and start writing for kids.

There is a reference on that site to two different symbols...the curved one that shows up everywhere and the double lines on radiation dude and Matt. I'm not so sure it's really 2 different symbols. I'm wondering if more of it will appear as they gain better control of their powers.

Posted on: 22 11 06 04:14 pm

Gold Member
That would be great HUbCap (bandwidth allowing),
Then I can see the list of names (see previous post) that was actually broadcast on TV.

Thanks

Posted on: 22 11 06 07:10 pm

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 75
MP : 9 / 3912
looking forward to it being showen here in the uk. how meny epesodes are there in year 1, and does anyone know if there will be a year 2

Posted on: 24 11 06 07:44 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62932
Ok, so my problem is that I work graveyard shift friday thru tuesday. I am never awake to see this. So I go hunting it on the internet and all I see is 5 minute clips. 10 minutes at most. But DAMN that dood that was about to get shot and then he pulls a neo and flies straight up.......... that was freakin wicked.

Posted on: 24 11 06 09:41 am

mutant
Quote:
Ok, so my problem is that I work graveyard shift friday thru tuesday. I am never awake to see this.

Never heard of Tivo or a VCR? I also work graveyard. This show is on Monday nights, I always watch it on Tuesday morning. I love my Direct TV with DVR. It's also replayed Friday night on the Sci-Fi channel. Or you can watch the latest episode free at http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/. You should also be able to buy past episodes from podcast for a couple bucks each. Keep checking the schedule. This is NBC's hottest show. They're sure to do a mid-season break soon and replay every episode.

Posted on: 25 11 06 03:57 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62932
................................... I see I'm forced to wait for the dvd

Posted on: 25 11 06 05:42 am

web master
Level : 21; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 502
MP : 174 / 30436
Thayne later tonight I'll post a site you can download the episodes from it uses rapidshare and I think mega-upload so if ya do the freebie downloads ya gotta wait after ya hit the download limit. I'd post the link now but its on my home PC and I'm at work.

Posted on: 27 11 06 07:27 am

Gold Member
Quote:

jediadept wrote:
I only just got to view this weeks episode on the NBC website.

On the official NBC "Heroes" homepage is a link to "Are you on the list?". When clicked, this link replays a section of part four of the show, where Mohinder Suresh enters his sisters name as the password and a list of "Extraordinary People" scrolls down the screen. About halfway down my home town was listed.

I thought that this was a nifty bit of subroutine programming, making the assumption that my zip code was picked up from my server and entered on to the list.

I then rewatched the actual show web-feed from NBC, and DAMN! it was there again. Is this a nifty bit of subroutine that the web site programmers had the forsight to cover on both fronts, or by coinkydink (which I very much doubt), did my backwater town actually show up?
Out of curiosity, I ran a people search on the name of the person supposedly from my town and came up with nadda!

Would someone else check this out for their own city, and post their findings?
This is might be an exeptionally well thought out hook for viral-advertising.

The "List" was on the broadcast version of the show last night (Nov 27, 2006) and my home town was on that version of the list also. It may be just me (Ok it IS just me), but wondering how a little town in Minnesota, with a population of less than 20,000, got picked for this list boogles me mind, (I am obviously easily boggled) .

Posted on: 28 11 06 06:29 am

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 26013
OK whos going to own up and say they paused "Homecoming" to see if you could get a look up Claire's skirt? come on, some of you know you thought about it

Posted on: 29 11 06 02:27 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
I don't know. I am still enjoying the show, but it seems to me that they waste 30 minutes of teh show replaying scenes from previous shows... that is getting old.

Posted on: 29 11 06 08:52 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.