Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

MilfordCan, more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Marvel Entertainment
You ain't a freak of nature, cuz I've pretty much dug every comic movie to come out so far. Some better than others, but for the most part I haven't been overly disappointed. Not saying that all the movies were perfect but nothing that made me hate the movie. I think I'm one of the few who liked Hulk.

Posted on: 14 11 05 03:57 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72500
Said it before and I will say it again Batman Begins: should be Batman: Remeption for the crap we tried to pull off as movies 3 & 4 we are sorry really really sorry.... LOL

Posted on: 14 11 05 05:09 pm

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62941
nah, he aint the only one.

I loved Sin City, tho I've never read the comic.

I didn't care for the hulk, and Daredevil was great the first time (after that I started noticing things).

Constantine bothered me because of the constant "Don't smoke" campaign. Lil did I know it was actually part of the comic book.

I thought Elektra rocked. Xmen, no matter what you do, you can't go wrong. Both Spiderman's were killer, even with the minor tweaks (and I hated the comics). The first Crow was great, they should've stopped there. 1st Batman was kewl, after that it got too flashy. I grew up on Superman movies so it's kinda sacriligious to crap on Reeve. LXG grabbed me cuz it was classic lit characters with a fresh twist. How can you go wrong with a naked Angelina in Tomb Raider. Besides, that Bungie Ballet was kewl! Ummmmm.... Haven't seen FF yet. I always dodged the comics, but that didn't stop me with Spiderman.

Posted on: 14 11 05 06:07 pm

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41497
Can't go wrong with X-men? You do remember that Halle Barry is still in this one, right? Remember Catwoman? Other than that, I'm also disapointed that it will be X-men vs. Magneto yet again in X3. C'mon! They DO have more than one villain.
A couple of the Batman movie s were pure dung. As was DD in my opinion. And Hulk... well... I was never able to see past the pathetic CGI Hulk.
And Fury? With Hasslehoff? My god, what a stinker
So, My expectations are low when I hear about upcoming movies like Namor, Thor and Wonderwoman.
But with some luck, they may surprise me.

Posted on: 15 11 05 05:35 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52586
I've been enjoying the comic book movies, too. Well, except Catwoman. And I didn't think that was as bad as some people were saying. I heard all sorts of bad things about F4, but I enjoyed that, too.

I hated Nick Fury and the first Punisher movie. Maybe it'll be better the second time around for Nick. Punisher was certainly better.

Who am I kidding? If they make a comic book into a movie, I'll watch it.

Posted on: 15 11 05 08:23 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82131
Don't get me wrong... they all suck until I see them... then I normally enjoy them... I mean, they are total comic books... I had a guy sitting next to me in XMEN... and he said something to the effect that Wolverine's claws would go in and out... I looked at him and said "but you are ok with a woman that controls the weather?" Too funny. You just have to realize that you are watching a Comic book.

But to stick to my guns... all the movies that haven't come out yet or that I haven't seen SUCK!

Posted on: 16 11 05 08:35 am

lol... I'm so glad you're stuck in your ways.

Posted on: 16 11 05 09:33 am

vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Level : 5; EXP : 43
HP : 0 / 110
MP : 14 / 6006
How about this for a project. They film Captain America; Yellow Jacket + the Wasp; Thor; Iron Man; Hawkeye + Mockingbird; all at the same time. One person acts as Executive Producer in order to assure all the movies maintain the same tone. Each movie is released on a 5 month schedual, and while they are out An Avengers Movie is filmed using the same actors. Who ever the Director of the Avengers movie is should be somehow involved in the other movies also, perhaps as an associate producer.
Any of the "solo" movies that make money get a sequel, and its safe to assume the Avengers movie would get sequels also.
Now cast it. . .

Posted on: 16 11 05 04:14 pm

TangentRunner
"Me fail English? Thats unpossible."

X3 first look
Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50892
Ho. Lee. Crap. Beast looks cool. I wanna see Juggernaut.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

Posted on: 5 12 05 01:39 pm

Re: X3 first look
From usa
Dood, Angel! Holy Sh!tcakes! I'm there!

Posted on: 5 12 05 01:59 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Angel and Beast look great... and I thought we had gotten rid of Halle "crappy quotes" Berry...

Posted on: 5 12 05 02:13 pm

mutant
From Essex, ING-GERLAND
Level : 12; EXP : 32
HP : 0 / 283
MP : 58 / 15779
oh whoop... they've released a picture of Juggernaut's face... I WANNA SEE FULL BODY!!! I ALREADY KNOW WHAT VINNIE ("I wanna be a actor") JONES LOOKS LIKE!!!

And

I can't get the trailer to download... Grrrrr!!!

Posted on: 6 12 05 04:15 am

Henchman
From Sweden
1) Are you people blind? Beast doesn't look cool! Unless you all think a smurf on a bad hair day is cool. He's suposed to have fur. Now he just looks like he's been attacked by some moron with a blue spray can.
2) And as for juggy... the helmet looks like crap, but otherwise I guess it works.
3) Magneto again?! They DO have other villains, you know! They probably won't make any more x-men movies (only spin-off's) so this means we just got robbed of the Sentinels, Hellfire Club, Shadow king and so on.
4) ...I'm not going to say that this movie is going to suck; because there's still a chance it will be watchable. But that's as far as my hopes go. :r-off:

Posted on: 6 12 05 05:53 am
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

From usa
1) Any torture inflicted upon said smurf or any smurf within the immediate vicinity, is a joy to be had for all children.
2)You're used to flinging crap, so that alone should get you excited about the movie.
3)Yes, Magneto. And I hope he kills somebody really kewl like he did in the second.
4)You've now officially stolen the "THIS MOVIE'S GOING TO SUCK" hat from Jr. Have a nice day.

Posted on: 7 12 05 06:03 am

Henchman
From Sweden
Thayne, you're a Smurf-lover! Why doesn't that surprise me?

Oh, and I forgot...
5) Angel has always been, and always will be... totally LAME! Some spoiled rotten, goldy-locks brat with wings? That's suposed to be a superhero? And a X-man?
Quick, someone fetch me a shotgun!

Posted on: 7 12 05 06:32 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:
4)You've now officially stolen the "THIS MOVIE'S GOING TO SUCK" hat from Jr. Have a nice day

dm... give me back my hat you sh!t chunking tree climber!

OK, Angel fits all superheros from the stand point that he doesn't have a real job but is rich beyond means and can afford to do anything his heart desires... why is it that all heros seem to have more money than they can handle. It is total crap any way you look at it. Even Toad is probably a rich fool.

Come on... this is the comic world... anything is possible. I mean, hell I watched Fantastic Four last night... Richards was getting "final notice" on bills... but what... he still has the cash to build that machine? COme on...

Ut oh... I forgot what else you were ranting about.... oh yeah...

Juggernaut... what a sissy... I am bigger than he is... I could kick his ass wearing nothting but a kilt and my derby. Juggs is suppose to be this HUGE man... not some little dumbdick in a helmet. Hell Trojan Man is bigger than Juggernaut.

And I really want to see Magnet-faggot suck all the metal out of Wolvie... that would be awesome! (Hey, I like Wolvie the bestest... but it would still be cool!)

And who in the hell invited Halle "Do you know what happens when a toad is struck by lightning" Berry back? DM and I said that the XMEN need Storm... just not Halle.

I think I am done....

Posted on: 7 12 05 07:48 am

Avengers
On the Fantastic 4 dvd one of the extras is a mini trailer for the Avenger movie. It's due out on dvd Feb. 2006. Full animation starring Capt. America, Iron Man, Giant Man, Thor, and Hulk. No mention of anyone else.

Posted on: 7 12 05 09:39 am

From usa
Quote:
give me back my hat you sh!t chunking tree climber!

Posted on: 7 12 05 12:18 pm

Gold Member
From California, Bay Area
Level : 10; EXP : 40
HP : 0 / 235
MP : 43 / 13053
Here's two comic-book movies that I haven't seen mentioned in the "suck/doesn't suck" debate:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Rocketeer

I think that they are both examples of great big screen comic-book adaptations.

Now, before anyone goes and bites my head off, hear me out.

TMNT (the first 1 only) did a great job of capturing a real comic-book look and feel. Great costumes and effects in a time when CGI was not the answer to everyone's special effects needs. Of course I hated that they had to include the cheesy details from the cartoon, but I'm a realist. I realize that movies need to make money and, to do that with this one, they needed to bring in the kiddie audience, so I could live with it. Besides I think they balanced the cheesy stuff with good stuff from the comics as well. And, I think the guy they got to play Casey Jones was dead-on.

Rocketeer was disappointing that it didn't do bigger box office because it might have spawned a sequel, but I think that Disney just didn't know how to market it. They thought it was just another big summer blockbuster. I think that the casting in this film was absolutely perfect! Who could ask for a better cast than Bill Campbell (a dead ringer), Jennifer Connelly (another dead ringer), and Timothy Dalton as an Erroll Flynn knock-off! And they did an awesome job on the rocket and uniform. It really looked like it could fly. Some other nice touches were the Nazi propaganda film, the meeting with Howard Hughes, the destroying of the 'Hollywoodland' sign, the Rocketeer's "heroic" stance in front of the American flag at the observatory (which is an exact replica of an image from one of the comics), and, of course, all the period piece sets. Hell, I love period piece movies and when you combine them with comic books, what's not to love?!?!?!

Which is why I almost (note, almost) brought up the Phantom movie, another period piece comic movie that I thought was good fun, although I wouldn't dream of bringing it up for fear of the wrath it would incur.

Now, let the flames (and ridicule) begin...

Posted on: 7 12 05 04:39 pm

vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Level : 5; EXP : 43
HP : 0 / 110
MP : 14 / 6006
Quote:

Which is why I almost (note, almost) brought up the Phantom movie, another period piece comic movie that I thought was good fun, although I wouldn't dream of bringing it up for fear of the wrath it would incur.

Now, let the flames (and ridicule) begin...

Lets not forget the Shadow, with Alec Baldwin. That was worse than Phantom...but I must confess I usually like most comic book movies. Rocketeer is my all time favorite, followed closely by the Spiderman movies. I even liked Tank Girl.

Posted on: 7 12 05 08:16 pm

TangentRunner
"Me fail English? Thats unpossible."

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.