Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

Katma Tui Fanthread
who out there is a fan of Korugar's finest?Would you ,like I,like to see her join the ranks of DCs rebooted and reincarnated heroes?I think she deserves her own series!

Posted on: 11 11 05 01:10 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Katma Tui Fanthread
The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 49
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 98246
I like her and think it would be a real cool idea but only if she took along that Little Blonde Gold Skinned Pixey like Dolly Babe as a
co-character in her new series!

Posted on: 13 11 05 11:45 am

Arisia ,to name the character you describe,would indeed be a an ideal robin-like apprentice .Together the Kat-woman of Korugar and her "sidekick"could be Korugar's Dynamic Duo.DC could call them the GLD(Green Lantern Duo),as well the Emerald Duo.Jade Duo is also ideal except it would be more ideal for a team consisting of Jade and Liara Omoto of Jayd.
As I believe Korugar"s Finest deserves her own comic[Soranik Natu should occupy a Nightwing- or Batgirl-like role to the GL Duo],A Laira Omoto comic or permanent membership in an established DC Comics team also seems interesting.She could provide an Azreal/Shiva/Black Canary like role in Kat's comic;Green Lantern:[Chronicles of]Sector 1417.

Posted on: 13 03 06 10:26 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62924
Used to read some Green Lantern Corps. Made me sick that Hal Jordan was Mr. Spotlight and everybody was always bulletproof. I want people to DIE! I want heartache, turmoil, y'know I want green Xmen

Seriously that's what I hated about DC. I absolutely hated Superman cuz he was sooooooooo damn untouchable. Then someone told me he got his @$$ kicked by werewolves and it made me buy an issue. I want blood and guts, I don't want cookies!!!!

Yeah I was a Captain Atom addict, but that was a straight science fiction story to me. That and Colonel Eiling was such an @$$hole, I loved it!

Batman....... hated him to start with cuz I grew up with the happy camper 70's batman who always had a damn moral to your momma's stories. Then they started killing Robins! Then they broke his back! Then they started putting him in other time periods, and then they went back retold the story from the 1940's. No Robin. And Batman was damn near a murderer So Batman is ok, sometimes............

I mean really, when I first bought the green lantern corps. I saw lots and lots and lots of aliens. I swear I open the book up and Hal's face is plastered on every 2nd panel of every page INCLUDING the Hostess twinkie advertisements! And dammit, He's smiling! What the hell? When a planet is bein shot at buy a Vogon with halitosis. You don't assume the position and smile about it! You go out and KILL somethin!!!!! So then, I hear Hal went evil. So friggin what, the focal point is still Mr smiley man assumes the position. And then I hear he's dead. Well it's about damn time! Then someone comes along and tells me he's the new spectre. Um, who cares. He's dead I'm happy, the world is better now. So I get to thinkin hey that means John (the black guy) is center stage. Can't go wrong with a black guy. I pictured Sam Jackson turnin the corps. upside down. But noOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo lets give it to some prepubecent lil crackhead who likes to........ assume the position!

Posted on: 13 03 06 05:25 pm

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41480
Thayne? Could you put down the knives for a second? I have a gift for you. It a new white jacket with lots of funny straps and shiny buckles. You'll love it. Here...try it on.

Posted on: 14 03 06 03:20 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50878
Quote:

Thayne_LuC wrote:
Used to read some Green Lantern Corps. Made me sick that Hal Jordan was Mr. Spotlight and everybody was always bulletproof. I want people to DIE! I want heartache, turmoil, y'know I want green Xmen

Seriously that's what I hated about DC. I absolutely hated Superman cuz he was sooooooooo damn untouchable. Then someone told me he got his @$$ kicked by werewolves and it made me buy an issue. I want blood and guts, I don't want cookies!!!!

Yeah I was a Captain Atom addict, but that was a straight science fiction story to me. That and Colonel Eiling was such an @$$hole, I loved it!

Batman....... hated him to start with cuz I grew up with the happy camper 70's batman who always had a damn moral to your momma's stories. Then they started killing Robins! Then they broke his back! Then they started putting him in other time periods, and then they went back retold the story from the 1940's. No Robin. And Batman was damn near a murderer So Batman is ok, sometimes............

I mean really, when I first bought the green lantern corps. I saw lots and lots and lots of aliens. I swear I open the book up and Hal's face is plastered on every 2nd panel of every page INCLUDING the Hostess twinkie advertisements! And dammit, He's smiling! What the hell? When a planet is bein shot at buy a Vogon with halitosis. You don't assume the position and smile about it! You go out and KILL somethin!!!!! So then, I hear Hal went evil. So friggin what, the focal point is still Mr smiley man assumes the position. And then I hear he's dead. Well it's about damn time! Then someone comes along and tells me he's the new spectre. Um, who cares. He's dead I'm happy, the world is better now. So I get to thinkin hey that means John (the black guy) is center stage. Can't go wrong with a black guy. I pictured Sam Jackson turnin the corps. upside down. But noOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo lets give it to some prepubecent lil crackhead who likes to........ assume the position!

This post gets longer every time I check the thread

Posted on: 14 03 06 06:53 am

From usa
And Kyle Rayner I mean COME ON people! What kinda cheesed out name is that? I hear that name and think of rain which in turn makes me think of water, which in turn makes me think he's a cry baby b$%^@! Katma Tui???? Ok, quit spitting and I might get used to it. Yeah sure, it's not any better than Danny Ketchum which is a funky way of steering people towards thinking they need ketchup with their Ghost Rider, but God! Gimme a believable name at the very least!

I just thought of this earlier today and had to share it. When the hell is Luthor gonna buy a freakin clue and make some kryptonite bullets? Pop a cap and be done with it, for chrissakes!

Y'know, the only one I really enjoyed aside from Captain Atom, and the ocasional Batman was....... Lobo. He's about the only one with some sense in his freakin head. Kill em all and don't waste time sortin anything out!

Posted on: 14 03 06 08:56 am

.. that I believe it would most entertaining for you and Lobo to both meet,Thane Luc.However I do agree that Kyle is a far less interseting character than the others you mentioned.John would have been a most ideal sucessor to Hal.In terms of JLA membership,it seems he is just that.If I were to see a Kyle comic and a Katma comic in the GL row,id choose the latter,or nearly any other comic.But i'd also choose a Katma Tui comic over any one of those.

Posted on: 14 03 06 09:44 am

From usa
Seriously tho. I've had some conversations here and there discussing comics with people. I mean when you talk about Marvel, you have to keep in mind they don't generally kill their characters. And don't give me that crap about New Mutants Doug dyin. He was a stoopid character that served no purpose other than to DIE! And most people tend to bring up Bucky. Y'know what? That was WAY before my time, so why would I wanna care about a cheeseball sidekick that got axed? On the DC front, they kill em, but they either somehow end up back in the fold, or they pass the torch. Short way to explain this is "How freakin many times are you gonna knock off and reboot Jean Grey?!" as opposed to Barry Allen, Wally West, and whoever the hell else becoming the Flash.

Storywise, I think Marvel has some ancient formulaic stone tablets carried by Moses, that they follow. Whereas DC seems to just kinda throw rubberbands, plutonium, boxes of condoms, and the general monkey wrench into things and "HOLY CRAP, DUCK!!!" Surveying the aftermath tends to breed a fresh pot, I guess. I mean, all I really want to know is. What the hell happened to Krypto? I spent my early years thinking that dog was the bomb. And then I find out that he was a load of bs shelled out (prolly by animal rights activists caught in a potmosphere). What is wrong with you people?!! My childhood memories are not your stomping grounds!!!!!!

Posted on: 15 03 06 08:21 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82097
Yeah!!!! What Thayne said. All three times...

Posted on: 15 03 06 11:26 am

From usa
Those of you who know me. As well as those who've surveyed my art (yeah right drawings as opposed to photomanips?) Have prolly figured out I was big on Image. And have also noticed I have yet to bag on them............

Worry not young jedi's. There time is come!

So as I understood it back in the day, the big namer artists at Marvel started feelin some creative oppression. Marvel with their stone tablets tend to figure why risk new crap when our formula brought forth by Moses has served us for eons, won't let em breathe. So they gets the bright idea to jump ship and float their own boats. Nice idea, love the independance, fresh start was wonderful. But lets see...............................................

I started hunting down Fathom comics recently. 4 issues of people standing around cryin about a mistake that happened in like the first 4 pages of issue 1. And lets not overlook the fact she's nothing more than a really HOT female Aquaman. He was freakin lame unless it was an underwater story. So anyways, 4 comics and the most that happens is a freakin underwater station gets blown up and she gets kidnapped. The rest of the time they take for freakin ever to just TALK about going to kick some butt. Sh!t or get off the pot people! I ain't got a century to watch you scratch your @$$!

Then there's WildC.A.T.S. I quit collecting due to time constraints in the military. And when I get back, all my wildcats look like freakin couch potatoes! What's up with the sweat shirts with their names spread across? Screw that, I want to see some alien blood flyin. At the very least you could explain why a midget is pimpin and super rich!

Did anybody ever read Trencher? All I gotta say is it's a total Lobo rip off!

Posted on: 15 03 06 11:51 am

From usa
So there I was 18 and in my senior year. I go to the comic shop and see a plethora of comics as well as comic book companies. And what assaults the eyes and dominates the shelves the most?! Gimmicks..........

Why the hell did they have to have like 6 different covers of spiderman? Yeah, nice drawing, good story, but I don't ned the silver/multitransforming/does my laundry cover. And nor do you need to bagagge it up with trading cards, holograms, 85 yr old sticks of gum, or used backscratchers!

And what's with them foolz that go to the store and grab like 13 copies of the same issue? They make me sick. No appreciation for art or the story whatsoever. All they know is wait four months and that 4 issue miniseries first print will be worth 60 bux each. They might actually read ONE. The rest get sealed and wait for the ebay vaseline exercise. And one never gets touched at all!

I read comics for the stories and the art. Not because someone blinded me in the left toe knuckle with a silver edition 1st issue never before seen sold on the black market wrapped in triple aluminum pepsi alloy ShadowHawk! And what a lame @$$ comic THAT was. Just gimme the freakin art and tell me a good story dammit! This ain't Harlequinn by Eddie Munster!

Posted on: 16 03 06 10:07 am

The Vampire Layer
From Springfield, Mo
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12317
rant on dood!!!

Posted on: 16 03 06 02:59 pm

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34932
No WAY!
Trencher was teh total coolness!

And also Punx.

"Since when is incontinence a superpower?"
"I think it has something to do with the volume."

Posted on: 16 03 06 03:58 pm

From usa
Has anyone ever seen the movie Splash? Would you remember the part where Tom Hanks is talkin to his secretary and she's standing there with her undies on the outside of her clothes, cuz she had been hit by lightning? I swear every time I read a comic I am constantly reminded of that.

Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Captain America, Bluebeetle, all the early xmen costumes really..... etc, etc, etc. Are they all retarded?! Were they hit by lightning? Why do they all have their underwear on the outside of their pants?! Is it like a country wide requirement that in order for your comics to be successful you must wear your speedos over your levis?! Luke Cage didn't do it, and look what happened. Nothing. His comics sucked! But you stick some character in some bright colored trunks over his clothes and woohoo you're gonna make millions of dollars! Geez, you people make me sick!

Posted on: 17 03 06 09:22 am

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41480
I've been saying that for years!
(stop stealing my thoughts you bastard! That's it! I'm putting my tin-foil hat back on)
But in their defence, they seem to be adressing the underwear issue. Check out the Astonishing x-men (or any of the other x-titles) and you'll see. I still don't understand why the heck woverine has a yellow & blue costume... no wolverine I've ever seen was colored like that.
I also never understood the whole tights-thing. Unless your invunerable...why the heck would you wear something like that? It's not warm, it shows off EVERYTHING, it offers zero protection (even with underwear added)! Me? I'd wear something with padding. Maybe knee/elbow-pads and such. Army or SWAT stuff would work. But I'll leave the rants to thayne. He obviously has a lot to get off his chest.

Posted on: 17 03 06 10:03 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34932
Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Captain America, Bluebeetle... who is looking at any of these men?

I like the heroines, who are somehow all the most beautiful women on the planet and have decided to run around getting into dangerous situations in their underwear and heels.

It's unfortunate in the comics that no matter how ripped a costume may get there is always some improbably stray bit of hair or debris covering the naughty bits.

Posted on: 17 03 06 11:52 am

From usa
So, lately I've been goin to the comic shop and looking into reference material. Hoping to kill the block I've been feeling. After buying some Fathom, Darkness, and Witchblade, I asked the guy at the shop what he'd reccommend. He asked what am I into and I told him early 90's Xmen and Image comics. With that he brought up some comic called Girl. I didn't waste a second thought on a title that already voices who it's prolly for. But then he says Avengers.

Now in all my years of collecting, the one comic I always dodged was the Avengers. For one thing, they constantly had the DC disease of assuming the position and smiling about it. If you have a shield, cram it down someone's throat. Don't assume the position! If you're wearing a suit of cybernetic armor, b!tchslap somebody! Quit wasting time! That was the major reason I went with Xmen instead of Avengers. I can't stand the whole goody good reputation they had built. I also didn't like the fact they had sooooooo freakin many members. East Coast, West Coast, this side of timbuktu...... Thin your numbers please.

Yeah, the Green Lantern Corps. has alot of members, but honestly aren't they sposa have like 1 for each planet, sector, whatever? Beats me why the hell earth has like 4 or 5 GL's tho. And yes the Xmen have alot of members, but don't they tend to retire, go on vacation, join other teams, or freakin DIE!!!

Moving along, there's also the issue of the members. I mean seriously, what kind of team recruits the Hulk and figures everything will be cool? At the very least you're gonna be going through new doors like some people go through socks! Why do you need reserve members? I remember seeing Spidey as a reserve member. He shoulda just stayed on his own. It's not like the usual ones weren't screwed up by themselves really. I mean look at Iron Man. They put a drunk in a pepsi can and said go beat somebody up. And y'know that comic shop guy just HAD to tell me Stark is funding the Avengers now! I can just see Stark griping at Captain America "Hey, yer cuttin into my beer money!" And what about that Pym guy? Wasn't he like Antman, Goliath, Giantman, and recently a wife beater? Well at least that's what the shop dood said. And apparently it's ALL the Scarlet b!#ch's fault. Apparently her magic is straight screwing everything up. According to that shop guy, there's only like 198 mutants left because of a wish she made. And she made Stark drunk for no reason. And y'know, anyone who'd flirt with an Andriod and then try to have kids with em........ That's some seriously messed up stuff!

So he shows me the Young Avengers and says they are just as messed up as the Xmen used to be. Oh, and he also told me Wolverine's in the Avengers now. So I figure if Wolverine's around, somebody's gonna die!!!

Posted on: 18 03 06 05:49 am

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52571
I never paid attention to the Avengers (though I'll admit to watching the new animated movie and the old cartoon). Every time I saw the cover they had new members on the team. I hate that. I like to stick to characters I know. It means more when they get their own story plot. I only looked into them when Firestar joined the group. As soon as she became "reserve" I gave up.

I'll admit that once Marvel made everything Ultimate I quit buying comics all together. I've yet to see one that grabs my attention. X-Men in the 90's is what got me into comics and I don't like that they have New X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Academy, and all the others that are out there. The more titles they added the less I wanted to read them.

So I'm at a total loss now when it comes to comics. I think that's why I write. I can do whatever heck I want.

Posted on: 18 03 06 05:58 am

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50878
And what's up with that jerk Namor? I guess I'd be pretty pissed off all the time too, if my powers sucked so bad. Wait, he was in the defenders, not the avengers. He's still a jerk. I'm glad I don't have little wings on my ankles. What was I talking about again?

Posted on: 18 03 06 10:08 am

Topic is Locked

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.