Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

Re: Katma Tui Fanthread
Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41480
You know they are planning on doing a Namor movie right? Imagine it... a big Hollywood movie about a d00d with elf-ears, silly wings on his feet, dressed in nothing but green underwear, who's flying around teaching people to recycle. 'Keep on polluting my sea and I will hit you. Kind of hard.'
And that's another thing... what's with all these semi-strong heroes? What the hell?! If the character is going to be strong, make him really strong. Smashing mountains strong. Throw trucks around strong. Not 'Oooh! Look! I can bend a steel bar!' -strong.

Posted on: 18 03 06 11:46 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)
Create PDF from Post Print

I too,like Chillyplasma read comics for the female characters,especially the exotic ones.Hero or villain i enjoy many of them.Especially the title character of this thread.Like Thayne,i'd never buy more than one of an issue ,unless I was certain other people wanted them.
As for exotic characters,few,if any, can claim to be more exotic than the title character of this thread.

Posted on: 18 03 06 11:48 am

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52571
They better keep Namor in a tight little suit! You guys gets chicks in skimpy little things and us girls are left with the heroes wearing undies on the outside or so much body armor you don't know what's going on! Of course, comics are still mainly a man's world and now Namor will probably be in one of those new Olympic swimming body suits. Crap.

Posted on: 18 03 06 04:29 pm

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34932
Says the woman who just posted two drawings of a superchick in bondage...

But if the do a Namor movie wouldn't he be completely naked? That's more realistic for someone who swims ALL the time. Of course his skin will be all shrivelled like a prune. But there will also be shrinkage from the cold water.

And why does Namor have wings? Birds have wings. He should have flippers on his ankles.
And pointy ears? Shouldn't they be replaced with gills?

Posted on: 18 03 06 05:23 pm

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62924
Due to a series of misfortunate incidents, NAMOR the fish testicle swallowing salt addict, will not be joining us on our quest for waterproof sunscreening butt lotion.

Ok......... So why are we on him anyway? The only story I care to recall is how he almost stole Sue Richards off the Fantastic Four. And they played it like he was freakin pimp What's so cool about a tuna smellin bastard with seaweed for underwear? Oh, I forgot, show your speedos = make tons of money!!!!! Dorknobbin backyard hippie ninja fatbacked gigantor dusty eyed nazi cow execs

And y'know, it's not like the art was all that great back then. I mean really, we went from cavemen's adulterous thoughts of ancient playboy scribbles on a freakin stone wall to.......... Rob Liefield. Think about it. Such great art created by men like Leonardo Davinci, Vincent Van Goght, Salvadore Dali, and M.C. Escher were the precursor to punks who make their name by being the youngest comic book artist in the company. Who cares if he actually can free hand a speck of dirt on a monkey's nutsack, right? And hey, lets see if we can stir up some crap by giving him his own comic company and letting him throw his weight around. (I got surfing and Wizard magazine talked about a lawsuit, Liefield suing Silvestri cuz Silvestri sued him, cuz he sued Silvestri, cuz the rest of the guys at Image sued Sue in the parking lot of Sue's Sweet Suzy Q......... whatever. I lost interest pretty fast)

Years ago, I remember seeing Jim Lee's art and geeking out. He was the absolute GREATEST artist I'd ever seen! And Outlaw2k is right. Back then, we were all learning from Liefield on how to BE Jim Lee. So imagine how we all felt when they put an old GI Joe comic right next to a New Mutants comic, and the black guy and Cable both look EXACTLY THE SAME!! Cept one was bald and the other had a widows peak, one liked Sesame Street and the other liked Chimichangas, you get the picture. You start to look over everything you have that he's done, compare, contrast, turn up the brightness, call a few heffers and get drunk so you don't key his car, and possibly realize a severe hatred.

I don't have a problem with the characters, honestly I really liked Deadpool, Domino, Cable. Hell I've considered doing a run of YoungBlood fan art. I just don't think it's worth giving a hack some credit for robbing others work. And it's even more strange that he robbed his own work.

Posted on: 19 03 06 06:57 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85210
Quote:

Thayne_LuC wrote:

What's so cool about a tuna smellin bastard with seaweed for underwear?

I don't know but people sure seem to like Jr.

Posted on: 19 03 06 08:32 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

If there were more female purchasers of comics,publishers of comics would make characters appealing to both genders.There would be more classic Namor like characters to use as sex symbols for female readers.Perhaps they would have a more He-Man or Conan-like appearnce in some ways.
The problem is ,how to build such a female readers market.more independant female characters would help too.Characters who not only are as fearless and agressive as men,but lead teams like them.Some should be arragant,others should be more professional.Batgirl,Batwoman,Supergirl,Superwoman,Black Canary,Wonder Woman,Spiderwoman,and many others are likely candidates.As is,for female readers of Green Lantern,the title character of this thread,Katma Tui.
What DC Comics should have done in 1988 is ,for Action Comics#601-2 have Katma Divorce from John Stewart.This wopuld create a feminist hero out of Katma and still have the "Edgier",grimmer ,more mean-spirited hero they wanted for John stewart.Though ,I like the 1985-88 John Stewart .They could have judst easily have left him alone and chosen another character to give that image to.Steel perhaps,or Black Lightning.Katma could have been the leading character in that marriage too.Or they could evan have not had her marry anyone.Any one of these scenarios would have been ideal for a Katma Tui comic debuting in 1988 intended primarily,but exclusively,for girls.
If a woman were to found a new comics publishing company,what should it be like?

Posted on: 19 03 06 11:20 am

From usa
Today on Iron Chef, Katma's saggin boobs!!!....... All six sets of them!

Back in the day, when I was a lil kid. My sister and I used to constantly fight over who was gonna get the tv for Saturday Morning cartoons. One of the shows she knew damn good 'n' well to back away from was....... Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. I was addicted to that show! Spiderman, Firestar, Iceman, HELL YEAH!

Then one day I'm watchin and Firestar and Iceman pop off with being members of the Xmen. I was soooooo freakin blind sided by kick @$$ mutants I'd never seen, I didn't care that they just called the comics world liars. Back then Nightcrawler was freakin awesome!

Years later I'm with my mom at the grocery store and I see Classic Xmen. The issue that started the whole Pheonix thing. Something about the suit Jean Grey wore caught my eye and I got my mom to buy it. Again, Nightcrawler was the sh!t!

Later on, a bud of mine finds out I'm into comics and he shows me some of his. What blew me away? Xmen INFERNO..... Havok freakin rocked in that! So I said "First comic shop I find, I'm collecting Xmen" By the time I did find one near where I lived and started collecting Xmen, Jim Lee had done his 2nd issue and the next issue was the start of the whole X-tinction Agenda.

Ok so now that you know some of the background........ I got some questions.

#1. What the hell kind of name is U-Go-Girl????!!

That sounds so freakin retarded! Seriously, I mean It's a damn phrase we used back in 7th grade. That's 1987 for you calculatin folks. Imagine how the neighbors feel! Every single time the parents yell "Yugo! Get your @$$ in this house right now! It's dinner time!" I'd sell at a discount rate just on that premise.

#2. Who the hell told the artists for Marvel Knights that they could draw?

Really people, I took my nephew to his first comic shop when he was 8. All over the shelves is Marvel Knights this and that. And everything looked like they used freakin chicken wire dipped in used diapers to draw. Not to mention everything was sooooooooo freakin dark. I understand setting a mood, but at least set it with style! I don't want to open a book and find out my Xmen were taken over by a nuclear embalmed trailer park.

#3. What were you people smoking when you decided "Hey, lets kill Psylocke and ditch Rogue"?

I damn near hated them for dumping LongShot and Dazzler. But then they go and screw with 2 characters I considered a major part of the whole mythos. STOP IT!

#4. When are they gonna get a real artist?

YEAH, back in the day Art Thirbert did the Xmen so freakin well, I thought he was an Xman! Then the dream team of Chris Claremont, Scott Williams, and Jim Lee came along and kicked the doors down! Hell, even adding Whilce Portacio to the mix was a hell of a move. So what happened? The smart pills run short on supply? After they all left the artists kept sucking and sucking and sucking. And the last 3 times I've been to the comic shop I STILL ain't impressed.

#5. Are they even lucidly aware enough to know the cartoon screwed it all up??????

C'mon, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Nothing pissed me off in my life more so than finding out the cartoon said Collossus was an honorary member. *cough*BULLSH!$*cough* Oh and Jean Grey turns all Dark Pheonixy with Gambit around??????? Kiss my rosey red arse! If you're gonna do the story, do the freakin thing right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 20 03 06 06:18 am

The Vampire Layer
From Springfield, Mo
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12317
:good:

Posted on: 21 03 06 04:48 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82097
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Quote:

Thayne_LuC wrote:

What's so cool about a tuna smellin bastard with seaweed for underwear?

I don't know but people sure seem to like Jr.

Ya Bastadge!

Posted on: 21 03 06 07:08 am

From Canada
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:

Ya Bastadge!

Stinky Effer

Posted on: 21 03 06 07:58 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:

Ya Bastadge!

Stinky Effer

Dang... I got nothing... I guess if the shoe fits.

Posted on: 21 03 06 11:44 am

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41480
Well, since Thayne is off celebrating that he's getting old(-er)...that gives me a chance to start a rant of my own. Yes, I'll be guest bitching today.

You know what really pi$$es me off? The Writers. I know the good old days when writers stuck to working on the same title for years and years, is over. But honestly... is a little consistency too much to ask for?! Huh?!

I used to prefere Marvel over DC, because I felt they had better character development... but I take it back. They ALL suck!
Sometimes they try to give a title a big overhaul ('cus sales are slipping), but a few issues later they turn the clock back. Look at the big classic characters... what has REALLY happened to them over the years? Nothing. That's what. Spiderman? Well, in the last three decade he's gotten married. That's about it.
And how many times are they going to give the X-men a big make-over? Sure, the black leather biker outfits didn't look too great, but it was a change. Few months later? They make a big deal about 'bringing the tights back'. WTF?! Make up your minds!
And that's just the start:
'-Look! There are mutants everywhere!'
'-Now they all got killed by sentinels in genosha'
'-No, wait, they are many again'
'-And now Scarlet Bitch de-powered them all' ...and so the merry go-round goes.
Same thing with characters. Look at that dork Magneto. I used to like him. But then they had to start turning him good and then bad again. Over and f**cking over. Not to mention the many 'near deaths' he's had. With Phoenix that makes sense. She's suposed to rise from the ashes. But the rest? Don't kill 'em if you don't want them dead. But these damn temp-jobs at writing will do this. They kill characters since it's the only way they can think of to create some hype for themselves. With no thought to what they are wasting. Good characters don't grow on trees. A while ago, magneto was 'killed' in genosha, then he came back and attacked the x-men. And got killed. But wait! That wasn't Magneto! A few issues later, he's back. And good again. And the one that got killed was an imposter. Then he went kind of evil again. Please!
(I'm still wating for the 'it was all a dream'-issue. Where we find out that the last year was a dream in xaviers head.)
And speaking of character development... what the heck is up with ShadowCat? (aka Kitty Pryde) Is she a grown up tough girl, or a damsel in distress? Some writers have tried to make her toughen up. It started a looong time ago, with Ogun's ninja training, but then she turned whimpy again. Sometimes new writers bring that back (you'll know what's coming if you see her with a katana), then the next one forgets about it. Or are we to believe that she's schizo?
Helloooo?! How about reading some back-issues before you star writing, you lazy bastards! Is it too much to ask that the companies have someone keeping an eye on these dumbasses?
And what's up with all these damn plots they leave hanging? If you're only going to write 3 issues, don't start 5 new mysterious plots for the next guy to untangle. 'cus he won't. I swear, comic-book writers have the memory of a Gold fish. And don't get me started on those damn 'Ultimates' titles. If you're going to start the whole damn thing over, to attract new fans and bring them up to date... then DO IT! Don't keep the old titles running, making it some pointless 'alternative storyline'. Nobody gives a flying f*ck about 'alternative' worlds. Okay?!
?(What? What are you all staring at? No, I DON'T have a anger problem. Say that again and I'll smash your face in! Hey...wait a minute... put that straitjacket away...)

Posted on: 22 03 06 04:41 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Wow. These rants make me happy to have quit collecting comics when they were good.

Posted on: 22 03 06 08:33 am

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 49
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 98246
I've always liked her and also that little golden skinned Blonde Pixie like Lantern Gal ,what was her name anyway?

Posted on: 14 05 06 09:30 pm

mutant
Level : 11; EXP : 9
HP : 0 / 252
MP : 48 / 15256
Currently, both Marvel & DC are embarking on massive projects (Civil War, Infinite Crisis, et al). Hopefully, this will shake up both companies and allow for more edgy, realistic storylines...

I started collecting in the early '90's, shortly after Image formed. The main thing I hated about Image was most of their characters were pale knock offs of Marvel or DC characters, and the books were always late. Why wait 6 months for the next issue of Youngblood, when I can dip into 30 yrs of Marvel history? And now, it seems Image is as bad as the Big 2, when it comes to creative control. Oh, well...As to the gimmicks of the '90's, yes, I bought into it. But I actually READ all my comics, and got turned onto some pretty cool stories. That's how I got hooked on the X-Men. So some good did come of it.

And VL, you are right; Wal-Mart is the Devil's playground. I should know, I work there LOL.

Posted on: 1 06 06 07:08 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Are you kidding me? This dumb ass thread has been returned to the main page? Jeezus.... who really cares. Comic books have sucked for quite some time... That is why I quit collecting. Let the thread die... it is OK... Not to mention I am tired of listening to Thayne Rant.

Posted on: 1 06 06 07:59 am

From usa
We're sorry, your call is being forwarded to the thread management department. As our records indicate, the product you requested, one THAYNE'S RANT has relocated.

Posted on: 1 06 06 03:09 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Thank god.....

Actually... I think you have run out of things to say... kinda like me and the comments... "Looks Good". So you could always copy and paste one of your old ones and half the people that read this thread will not know the diff.

Posted on: 1 06 06 08:13 pm

From Canada
I agree with Jr.

Locked down.

Posted on: 1 06 06 08:46 pm

Topic is Locked

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]