Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

DC's newest Massive Cross-over
vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Level : 5; EXP : 43
HP : 0 / 110
MP : 14 / 6004
Whats everyones opinion of DCs latest cross-title-Maxi-series-kill-all-the-minor-characters-for-shock-value
event? Come on, nothing wrong with seeing the Human Bomb beaten to death by Bizzaro, right.

Think it will make a lasting positive impact, like the Crisis on Infinite Earths, or be a completly useless endevour like Millenium?

Posted on: 16 11 05 04:34 pm

TangentRunner
"Me fail English? Thats unpossible."
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: DC's newest Massive Cross-over
From the numerous articles that I've read on the subject, and the many, many interviews Geoff Johns and the rest of the Infinite Crisis creative team have given over the last few month, IC is supposed to complete the job that CoIE started but didn't have the support to finish.

Not only that, but the whole next year of DC comics is devoted to dealing with the aftermath of IC. Once the mini ends, EVERY book in the DC Universe is going to jump a year ahead in plot (save probably the Legion of Super-Heroes and Vertigo titles). A weekly series is then going to be released detailing exactly what went on during that particular week in the DCU.

I honestly feel that IC is going to have the biggest impact on the DCU and big comic cross-overs in general. Crisis had a massive impact, then the following "events" kinda sucked up until 'Identity Crisis', but Infinite Crisis has had more planning, support, and detailed direction than anything produced to date from any company.

Yes, DC is cleaning house with the deaths of minor characters, but they are also using the event to change other dynamics. The events leading up to the Crisis have already changed the way I personally see the "Big Three" and the way they will interact with each other. And let's look at these events-
1) The villains have banded together and are actually a threat under Luthor's leadership.
2) The Spectre is unleashed as only the Wrath of God can be unleashed.
3) There is a war in space that's actually a big bloody WAR.
4) The Green Lantern Corps has returned.
5) Basically, all hell's breaking loose and the Justice League has disbanded, J'onn's missing and presumed dead, and Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman can barely stand to be in the same room together.

All these events are already having an impact in the DC Universe, and the actual "Crisis" hasn't even gotten started yet...

Admittedly, I'm a DC guy. I don't read much else but the DCU, but I like what I've seen so far.

I'll stop ranting now.

Posted on: 16 11 05 05:35 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82097
Who cares... they will kill people off until enough of you DC dorks whine about it... then they will bring them back... so, let it happen... it will be cool as hell... heck, I might buy a comic or two to see a bunch of no names get their ass kicked and killed by Bane... or did they already kill him off?

Posted on: 17 11 05 07:27 am

vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Bane's not on the dead list. . .yet. Most of the Freedom Fighters are, a few minor heroes and villians. Blue Beetle was killed in the lead up to the series.
The biggest thing is that Superman Batman and Wonder Woman can't stand each other right now. (But lets face it, no one would be able to stand Batman anyway. He doesn't play nice with the other kids).

Posted on: 17 11 05 10:47 am

TangentRunner

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82097
Yup... DC Dorks!!!! YOu know I kid. Leave the minor characters... and Kill Wonder Woman (I hope her thread is not listening) I mean, out of those three... superman has died... Batman has been paralyzed... now I think it is WW's turn... Kill her.. watch Superman kill himself from grief... come on... it is the whole ROmeo and Juliette story playing out... it would be a huge seller!

Posted on: 17 11 05 03:02 pm

sidekick
From Living in DragonDacks' basement
Level : 6; EXP : 82
HP : 0 / 145
MP : 21 / 8223
ho hum...here we go again...

someone please put the dog out for the night; and turn off the lights...I'm going to bed...nite nite.

Posted on: 17 11 05 07:46 pm

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51731
I say kill 'em all, and let Odin sort it out.

Posted on: 17 11 05 07:58 pm

vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Sometimes I wish they just would kill 'em all.
:r-on:
I hate big cross over events, like any of the ones that have been in the Batman books in, say, the past ten years. Bruce Wayne is framed for murder, and Batman pretty much does nothing to solve the case. . .but Nightwings on going plots in his book can wait while he crosses over. My pet name for that series was Batman: The Guano Saga.
Don't even get me started about Secret Wars. . .
:r-off:

Posted on: 18 11 05 04:54 pm

TangentRunner

Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36784
Quote:

TangentRunner wrote:
Sometimes I wish they just would kill 'em all.
Don't even get me started about Secret Wars. . .

hey, what was wrong with the 'secret wars' saga? Those issues made GREAT pooper wipe! :pooBomb:

Posted on: 18 11 05 09:04 pm

vigilante
From Bangor Maine
Quote:

Wolf wrote:
hey, what was wrong with the 'secret wars' saga? Those issues made GREAT pooper wipe! :pooBomb:

I should have said that

Posted on: 18 11 05 10:19 pm

TangentRunner

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41480
DC sucks! Marvel rules! Woooooo! Go Stan Lee go!

Oh...and I also dislike cross-overs. Shamless ploy to sell you titles you don't want. *grumble*
As for the DC universe... I never quite felt like Gotham (with Batman and Co.) fits in with Metropolis and the whole Superman/Green Lantern/Teen Titan/Justice League world. I would very much like to keep Gotham with it's dark and moody world away from the whole colourful space thingy. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Posted on: 20 11 05 04:07 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62924
Woo, super heroes dying................... woo(burp)

From what I remember, WW died once already.

Superman apparently has died more times that Jean Grey can count. At least that's what the old folks keep tellin me when I start talkin about Doomsday kickin booty.

I was never into DC that much. It was rare that I found a story that would interest me from them. What I CAN give them credit for is that every time they brought up a new character, they always seemed fresh and new.

Marvel's characters didn't seem fresh and new, but the stories locked me down for hours of reading.

Image, everything was new about them when I read them.

Posted on: 20 11 05 07:36 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.