Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Aeon Flux"--Great or Sux?
Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36774
A few of us from my job are going to go see "Aeon Flux"this weekend. What I need to know is if anyone has seen it yet...and, if so, how does it rate? What did you like / what did you hate? Lousy script? Great F/X? Popcorn too salty? Floor too sticky?

In other words...is it another 'X-Men 2'? or is it a 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians'? type of movie.

Leave notes here, capish? Tank Ewe.

Posted on: 2 12 05 02:10 pm

Re: "Aeon Flux"--Great or Sux?
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 112
MP : 15 / 6785
When in doubt, I just click over to Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aeon_flux/

It looks like the consensus is "fairly dull," but it still beat Catwoman's 9% rating.

Posted on: 2 12 05 08:24 pm

With respect to vonisgr8, I do not listen to critics whatsoever. Case in point, Aeon Flux, just saw it with my son, and we both liked it alot. I wasn't bored, I didn't have a problem with the script, I thought everyone acted well in it, Theron's voice wasn't monotone, I just feel that the critics and I saw a different movie. Which is why I allow for my own judgement and not those of others.

Thumbs up for me.

Posted on: 3 12 05 04:26 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 49
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 98233
Most critics always want you to go see the artsy film that you have to read the subtitle which distracts you from watching the film!
They all seem to want you to go see what they think is good not what really is good?
As David Lee Roth once said "Most citics like Elvis Costello more than David Lee Roth because they can relate to how he looks!" {nerd like}not that his music isn't good mind you!

Now on to the Flux of the matter,I think I would have loved to see Charlize Theron wearing the original cartoon costume more than a full covered body suit in this film!
Maybe someone will do a manip of her in the original costume sometime in the future?

Posted on: 4 12 05 12:52 pm

Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41474
Well Dragondack... first off I have to say... I'd rather listen to Elvis Costello than David Lee Roth any day. At least he has some talent. DLR is like that obnoxious, overly drunk guy that nobody remembers inviting to the party and that you just can't get rid of.

As for the movie: I couldn't agree more on the costume-thing. This is Aeon Flux for christ sake! She's suposed to be half-nekkid... that's the whole point of it.
What's wrong with these movie makers? First they remove the sexy full body-suit from Catwoman and replace it with... heck, I don't know what to call it... and then they ADD a ugly body suit to Aeon Flux?
Here's a crazy idea: Maybe they should try do some research before doing the movies?

Posted on: 5 12 05 06:23 am
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)

**** (of 5)
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 112
MP : 15 / 6785
Sometimes, I love to be wrong.

I just came from the theatre, and am now firmly convinced that there is an epidemic of hard drug use among the movie critics of North America. Aeon Flux is very good: weird, surreal, noir-ish, intricately plotted, high concept science fiction. All of the elements I remembered from the cartoons were there (like the girl with hands for feet), the special effects worked seamlessly with the rest of the film's visual elements, the performances were nuanced and controlled, and Karyn Kusama juggled frenetic action scenes and quiet dialogue-driven scenes better than Ang Lee did in Hulk. Hell, the script even managed to explain why Aeon has the hots for Trevor Goodchild.

If anything, Aeon Flux reminded me of a live-action Philip K. Dick novel. In fact, it reminded me of Blade Runner, and not just for its PKD-ian feel. The voice-over narration, and the sunny, feel-good ending both felt as tacked-on here as they did in Blade Runner's theatrical release, and I have the feeling that studio meddling is involved here, too. Don't get me wrong, I love Charlize Theron's husky voice, but it'll be interesting to see if we get a director's cut of this one.

Aeon Flux is a cult classic for sure, definitely worth the $10. Charlize could've been more nekkid, though.

Posted on: 7 12 05 10:37 pm

Re: **** (of 5)
Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62906
I read a movie critic's review of the Star Wars Redo's when I lived in VA. She gave it 5 out of 5 stars and then proceeded to call it the worst piece of crap ever committed to film. Mainly because someone who'd never seen the first one wouldn't know what the hell was going on in the 2nd. According to her EVERY movie should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. And it seriously offended her that he split each of those between his movies.

I mean c'mon people! Critics are the kind of vermin that will give Terms of Endearment 6 out of 5 stars and tell you it's better than sex. They will also trash a great movie and then when it gets amazing sales..... 2 days later they claim they were the first to tell everyone how wonderful it was.

Why not go see it and decide for yourself?

Posted on: 8 12 05 08:14 am

Re: **** (of 5)
mutant
Level : 13; EXP : 18
HP : 0 / 304
MP : 66 / 17307
I just saw it and I must say I liked it, but I didn't love it. Maybe I need to see the original series again or maybe I just don't buy Charlize Theron as a brunette. The effects were great and they tied up a bunch of loose ends that were never properly explained in the series, but I still found it a bit hard to follow. I give it a 3.5 out of 5 and an iffy thumbs up.

Posted on: 10 12 05 09:09 pm

10 out of 5 stars
I saw it opening night and I love it. You don't need to watch the original series to understand this movie at all. Everything is set up in it's own world which I think is really cool. I actually, well.... I don't mean to disrespect Peter Chung or anything but I think the movie makes it look bad. The series was just ok in my opinion compared to the movie. More character development.... Cooler costumes/locations/technology. Hmm.... A+

Posted on: 17 12 05 01:04 pm

Re: 10 out of 5 stars
mutant
Level : 10; EXP : 79
HP : 0 / 244
MP : 46 / 13498
"I saw it opening night and I love it. You don't need to watch the original series to understand this movie at all. Everything is set up in it's own world which I think is really cool. I actually, well.... I don't mean to disrespect Peter Chung or anything but I think the movie makes it look bad. The series was just ok in my opinion compared to the movie. More character development.... Cooler costumes/locations/technology. Hmm.... A+"

Sorry that was mine I forgot to log in....

Posted on: 17 12 05 01:06 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.