Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!
Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53762
From my local paper yesterday: "Jude Law may star in the Superman Returns sequel as the superhero's enemy General Zod, who was played with mischievous abandon by Terrence Stamp in Superman II (1980)." Sayyy whaaaaat? First Heath Ledger as the Joker, now another Hollywood Nancy boy playing a DC comic book super villian? When did I end up on Bizzaro World? Speaking of Bizzaro, how about letting some other Super villians have the spotlight? Metallo, Brainiac, Parasite, or even Mr Myxztplk would make an interesting challenge to the Man of Steel. Your thoughts?

Posted on: 14 08 06 11:00 am

Re: KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!
Henchman
From Sweden
Level : 29; EXP : 1
HP : 0 / 700
MP : 363 / 41491
I say Superman doesn't have any interesting villains. Lex is okay, but... seriously.
DC has done a heck of a lot better with Batman. Sure, most of his villains are a bit over the top but they are still fun.

Posted on: 14 08 06 01:12 pm
--------------------------------------------
- I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be. (quote from Office Space)
Create PDF from Post Print

only one outLAW... beware of imitations.
Level : 14; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 340
MP : 81 / 18353
Besides, didn't Zod bite the big one falling in the Fortess of Solitude pit? How's he coming back? Is he coming back like Captain America, frozen in an iceberg waiting to be thawed?

If Singer were really continuing from the Donner films, wouldn't this one be yet another crazy adventure into explanation like Superman's kid?

Posted on: 14 08 06 02:21 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85221
Quote:

Divine_Monkey711 wrote:
I say Superman doesn't have any interesting villains. Lex is okay, but... seriously.
DC has done a heck of a lot better with Batman. Sure, most of his villains are a bit over the top but they are still fun.

I think you are way off base here about superman villains. They just don't use the cools ones very often.

The Cyborg, Parasite, Mongul are all pretty cool. but the best of the bunch is Darkseid.

If they put Darkseid and his evil henchmen as well as the Para-demons you would have yourself a whole new kind of superhero show. Plus it would give Superman the ability to punch a whole bunch of things.

I always thought Zod was a Weiner. plus one thing that has always bothered the ultrageek inside of me. In the comics and to a certain extent the movies. Supermans powers grew as he absorbed the sunlight. Essentially he is like a solar battery and the early year he was charging. He developed his powers over time. When Zod and his 2 friends broke out of their picture (with the exception of the retarded one) they had full powers and the knowledge to us them. I would imagine suddenly being able to fly would be like learning to walk.etc. etc. Plus how come they didn't have a waiting period to charge up their powers like Clark did? Anyway the charging up from the sun of powers also explains why Superman can have a kid, unlike that Man of steal woman of Kleenex story BB posted somewhere.

Posted on: 15 08 06 09:45 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

i have to agree with winterhawk darkseid would be best plus doomsday would be great as well i say no donner tribute crap lets move on and give the fans what they really want to see

Posted on: 15 08 06 03:08 pm

only one outLAW... beware of imitations.
Level : 14; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 340
MP : 81 / 18353
I know that I'm gonna go out on a limb here with the whole super-kid theory...

But if any of you remember that Lois did sleep with Superman after he gave up his powers. So yes, technically, she wasn't at risk of having super powered semen/sperm shooting through her since he was technically "human".

Now jump forward to the end of the movie; Superman stood inside the chamber to be protected from the reverse effects of the radiation that allowed him to be human in the first place. Anyone with Kryptonian DNA standing outside would now be in direct contact with those effects (Zod, Ursa, Non). Lois and Lex would be un-affected, or so you would think... Remember Lois now has Kryptonian turned Human semen/sperm inside her. Since she was in contact w/ the radiation, then it's safe to say that that semen/sperm inside her would've been affected and changed back from Human/Kryptonian to Super Kryptonian.

That I can accept for the super-kid. But ZOD? How will he pull that one off?

Sorry for keeping this post alive.

Posted on: 16 08 06 11:17 am

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33923
Quote:

outlaw2LK wrote:

Superman stood inside the chamber to be protected from the reverse effects of the radiation that allowed him to be human in the first place. Anyone with Kryptonian DNA standing outside would now be in direct contact with those effects (Zod, Ursa, Non). Lois and Lex would be un-affected, or so you would think... Remember Lois now has Kryptonian turned Human semen/sperm inside her. Since she was in contact w/ the radiation, then it's safe to say that that semen/sperm inside her would've been affected and changed back from Human/Kryptonian to Super Kryptonian.

Man! You put a lot of thought into that. Much more than your usual Hollywood writer.

Posted on: 16 08 06 02:45 pm

vigilante
Level : 2; EXP : 62
HP : 0 / 40
MP : 5 / 2400

Posted on: 21 08 06 09:19 am

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33923
Quote:

lanista wrote:
http://www.zod2008.com Kneel!

The sad part is, that in comparison, Zod is almost appealing.

Posted on: 23 08 06 09:52 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82120

Posted on: 24 08 06 11:29 am

sidekick
From kalamazoo mi
Level : 6; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 137
MP : 19 / 7211
As has been explained in the comics, superman's cells do act as solar batteries, absorbing sunlight. When he arrived on the planet his cell absorbtion ability was immature, which is why it took him so long to fully develop his powers. Now that he is an adult the storage ability of his body is at maximum and any power loss of his energy levels cause his cells to increase in their absorbtion rate to compensate. This is why it takes superman such a short time to recover from an exposure to kryptonite or red solar radiation instead of the years it originally took him. If superman had originally come to earth as an adult, such as the phantom zone villains did, it would have only taken him a few days to reach full power. As to why the PZV 's could use their powers so well, i have no clue. I also want to point out that in the year later story line running in comics now, apparently they've introduced some malarkey about superman having to really want his powers back, which is why he's been plain ol' clark kent for a year.

Posted on: 26 08 06 02:18 pm

sidekick
From kalamazoo mi
Level : 6; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 137
MP : 19 / 7211
:spain:

Oh, and on the zod as president front, Sure, he maybe a super-powered dictator who is upfront and honest about the cloud of evil he will spread over the land, but he wasn't born in America, much less on earth, so he can't run for president.

Posted on: 26 08 06 02:25 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.