Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Who's watching Heroes?
Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 35009
I think he's normal, just well trained. Supposed to be the plain old normal guy who can kill you if he feels like it.

I thought the Petrelli mother had healing power, like her granddaughter? After seeing the new character who has the same power I'm beginning to wonder if there are are set number of mutations, or they are hereditary.

All that being said, the new season is not holding my interest. They slowly picked up the gears with the first season and after seeing each new episode I couldn't rewatch older episodes. It feels like they are trying to slow down again, but I think they need to keep the pace going.

Posted on: 2 11 07 08:41 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50987
I've very nearly lost complete interest in the show, especially now that they've fallen right back into the 'there's some kind of apocalyptic event coming that kills pretty much everybody, and we have _ episodes to figure out how to stop it' formula they used in the first season.

Posted on: 2 11 07 09:23 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72643
I do like the fact that Hiro is becoming the hero in the stories he was told growing up. But the whole end of the world thing....I agree it is like they are wanting to hit the reset button and make it as if Season one was happening for the frist time. Peter and Siler are rediscovering their powers. I will watch it to the end.

Posted on: 3 11 07 12:30 am

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24497
I just went through and read all the posts here, and seems there are some people still confused about some powers.
Nikki has no power, her (dead) sister Jessica has all the power and somehow inhabits her body (maybe that is Nikki's power).
Sylar can take other people's powers by cutting open their heads. He is driven by years of feeling insignificant and unremarkable, to take as many powers as he can (even if they suck) so he can be special.
Peter can imitate the abilities of any meta he goes near, and can even access it later through focused effort.
Claire can regenerate lost limbs like worms and certain lizards, she can also heal injurys. Unless the area is blocked. If a bullet lodges in her brain, the area around will grow back, but the bullet will remain and hole where it is ('til it's removed). That is why the glass needed to be remove from Peter's brain so he could come back.
Anymore questions about their powers I will be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Posted on: 3 11 07 10:34 am
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

Hero to the stars
From Moses Lake, Washington
Level : 42; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 1031
MP : 950 / 56748
I just read that because of the possible writer's strike that Heroes is planning it's season ender in December instead of a full season and ending it in June. The story of 93% of the population being wiped out (I would guess by the mutated virus) looks to be the only big story this year.

What do you all think?

Posted on: 3 11 07 11:26 am

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 55042
I think that sucks.
When they rush to finish a plot, the climax of the show will be ruined. In my opinion, that's what made the final battle in FF1 so poor, or the end of last season of Heroes, by the way...

Posted on: 3 11 07 11:52 am

superhero
From the Shadow World
I agree. They have a tough enough time making things interesting and not cheesy/clich?. I hope they settle.

Posted on: 3 11 07 12:07 pm
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

Your Reality Credit Card
I don't think that's right about Nikki, Darkwinter. I'm pretty sure she stressed out and developed a second personality (an 'evil' version of Jessica) after Jessica was abused and killed.
Both Nikki and Jessica have the strength but Nikki is afraid to use it so subconsciously suppresses it (though I think 'Nikki' attacked Sylar in the last episoed of the first season).

Sylar's power is weird, he can fix things. Somehow he can see the mutations in other people's brains and after looking at them (apparently he might eat the brains?) he can 'fix' his own brain to gain their power.

Then again any and all of what we think may be vague so the writers have more options in the future to play with the characters.

Personally I don't believe in striking. But at the moment would Hollywood hire non-union writers? Always wanted to be a scriptwriter (though I doubt I will get the chance right now).

Posted on: 3 11 07 02:11 pm

superhero
From the Shadow World
I was leaving Sylar so open like that because they were so vague about how his power works.
With Nikki, it could go either way. They will probably use your explaination though, its less complicated.

I also forgot to mention that Dr. Suresh has no know powers, and the reason he is blamed for starting Sylar going is because he is who originally made Sylar awar of his special nature. Being obsessed with trying to impress his mother, he did everything in his power to make himself as special as possible. But Dr. Suresh did not do it on purpose.
Nikki's son (forgot the name) is not super intelligent. He has psionic control over machines. He is really smart on his own though.

Posted on: 3 11 07 02:37 pm

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33988
I agree with ChillyPlasma about Noah Bennet, I was just hoping for an out for him after getting shot in the head. "You'll put your eye out kid!"

For a charater, who the first season pretty much revolved around for cohesion, Shuresh has become a holier than thou, in over his head, whiney small fish in a big pond, and non-too bright at that.
I could stop watching the show on the direction that character is going alone!

Posted on: 6 11 07 05:48 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82279
It is really nice of y'all to completely tell everyone that watches the show what is going on.

I am still confused about Syler though... why does he need to cut the skull cap out of people... Like Chilly said... does he eat part of the brain? Or is he just a crazy Peter Petrelli that "Rouge-eques" the powers of people but feels the need to kill them?

I am not enjoying this season as much as season one but I will continue to watch it. I would hate to miss an episode and have someone tell me I missed a great show.

Chilly-- You can't go to Hollywood and become a writer... the studios only hire union members. Well, I guess you could hold out until it gets really bad... then they might take you.

Jedi-- it is "You'll SHOOT your eye out"

Oooo... My EXP just went up...

And the Metalocalypse sound track is Awesome!

Posted on: 6 11 07 09:21 pm

Your Reality Credit Card
I think Syler needs to crack the skull open so he can look at the brain and see what makes it different.

Ah, but the American studios hire Writers Guild of America union members... I'm not American and I don't live there - I don't even know if I could join their union. But we have no such union here.
Because the union members aren't working for them surely this would leave the studios open to finding writers who would work?

Posted on: 6 11 07 10:26 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82279
Quote:

chillyplasma wrote:
Ah, but the American studios hire Writers Guild of America union members... I'm not American and I don't live there - I don't even know if I could join their union. But we have no such union here.
Because the union members aren't working for them surely this would leave the studios open to finding writers who would work?

I say bring it on! SOme one has to do it... right? If I did it I would bring more sex into the show.

Posted on: 7 11 07 09:58 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 63063
I read a book called Necroscope once. There was a guy in there that would kill people and then perform an autopsy to figure out how they did what they do. Once he was able to look at their insides, he was able to figure out how and then do it himself.

Other than that, for some reason I'm reminded of when Angel from Xmen had his wings ripped and he had to have surgery. The doctors were freaking out because he had different organs and veins than normal humans did.

Beyond that, it's a tv show. I think I'd quit watching if they spelled it out for me.

Posted on: 7 11 07 11:05 am

Gold Member
From Living in the Land of Confusion
Level : 24; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 581
MP : 238 / 33988
On the episode aired 03 Dec 2007: While Peter Petrelli was breaking into the underground facilities at Primatech paper there was a verbal warning klaxon stating of all things "WARNING!"; did anyone else notice that the voice sure sounded like Dick Tufeld, the voice of the Robot from Lost In Space?

Posted on: 5 12 07 09:26 pm

superhero
From the Shadow World
Yes! Yes I did! I didn't remeber where I remembered it from, but I knew it sounded familiar! Thank you, now that you mention it, I agree that was probably it.

Posted on: 6 12 07 06:08 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85390
Quote:

jediadept wrote:
On the episode aired 03 Dec 2007: While Peter Petrelli was breaking into the underground facilities at Primatech paper there was a verbal warning klaxon stating of all things "WARNING!"; did anyone else notice that the voice sure sounded like Dick Tufeld, the voice of the Robot from Lost In Space?

OMG Buncha geeks

BTW I Heard the cheerleader is over 18 years old in real life. So feel free to manip current images, taken after august this year, of her now that she is of age.

Posted on: 6 12 07 03:00 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72643
Quote:
There was a guy in there that would kill people and then perform an autopsy to figure out how they did what they do. Once he was able to look at their insides, he was able to figure out how and then do it himself.

He did that as a way og speaking with the dead, to get the information he needed in a very sadistic way.

Is that a subtle hint as to what you would like to see Hawk? lol

Posted on: 7 12 07 04:42 am

superhero
From the Shadow World
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
Quote:
There was a guy in there that would kill people and then perform an autopsy to figure out how they did what they do. Once he was able to look at their insides, he was able to figure out how and then do it himself.

He did that as a way og speaking with the dead, to get the information he needed in a very sadistic way.

Okay, so not only are you guys a buncha geeks, but you're also a buncha pervs? Ugghhh. Maybe I should give **** another try.....

*edit: I just realized when I typed out another site it was censored. Did I violate a rule?

Posted on: 7 12 07 06:26 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85390
Quote:

Darkwinter999 wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
Quote:

Okay, so not only are you guys a buncha geeks, but you're also a buncha pervs? Ugghhh. Maybe I should give **** another try.....

*edit: I just realized when I typed out another site it was censored. Did I violate a rule?

it depends on the site you tried to promote their are a few that are in our word filter because we really don't like the owners of some sites.

And it isn't about perversion, it is about the rules, I never said people had to do adult manips. I said they could do manips. any photo-based images are not allowed to use underaged base models period. so even if someone was going to do a image of here for the HM gallery, it previously would have been deleted and the person warned for not following the rules. but you knew that because you have of course read and understood the posting policy.

Posted on: 7 12 07 08:14 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.