Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Spider-Man 3" Review
Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53485
Just got done watching it and (hopefully) without spoilers, I'd like to state my opinions about it. First I thought it would have the same problems with the later Batman movies due to a seeming overabundance of vilians but the film actually balances them all out nicely. Thomas Hayden Church plays Sandman with conviction thanks to a added sick child to give his character depth missing from the comics. (Nothing like being a parent to garner sympathy from the public. Just ask the most successful actors, rock stars, and politicians.) Topher Grace makes Eddie Brock a snarky unscrupulous opportunist and his Venom unfortunately never gets a chance to shine as he should. Finally most strong is James Franco who finally gets into the swing of things as the 'new' Green Goblin, being equally threatening in costume and out before redeeming himself at the climax. (Oops. Was that too much info?) Unfortunetly Bryce Dallas Howard's Gwen Stacy is played like a typical dumb blonde model which anyone who's read the comics knows is a fallacy. I do like how Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane tries to snap Peter out of thinking only about his fame as Spidey and gives him a chance to be her rock though she desires to be more than just Mrs. Spider-man. (But by becoming a jazz singer? She's a rocker chick!) Rosemary Harris as Aunt May is still there to act as Pete's spirtual guide and conscience. Finally Tobey adds a change of pace to the Peter Parker character after coming into contact with the alien symbiote by becoming the cocky prick that you keep your date away from at the club. The fight scenes, especially the freefalls, are intense and at times wonderous to behold. [P.S. Be on the lookout for James Cromwell as Police Captain George Stacy, making the most of his brief role.] All in all it's a great popcorn movie, a worthy sequel in the series (though by no means an ending) and a great way to kick off the summer movie season. I give it . This is Mark Fanboy and I'll see you... at the movies.

Posted on: 4 05 07 07:10 pm

Re: "Spider-Man 3" Review
superhero
From Oxford
Level : 15; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 362
MP : 91 / 18129
Hmmmm!
O.k well apart from a few things did we see the same movie?
I think the script must have been written by a four year old.
You can see producer intervention in every scene, the movie have intense( blurry!) battle scenes followed by dull paint by numbers, plot devices which are so bloody obvious you can't wait for another action scene.
What was wrong with it? Too many villians. Sandman- his motivation was such a corny hanky wetter, aw he's a good man just he's gotta sick kid, the machine he fell into, why?
Next Vemon well what an after thought, what a waste. 10 minutes screen time tops wow, don't believe the hype!
The only character that was well written was the goblin, maybe its because franco is a good actor, but all his scenes were interesting, although the goblin helmet was daft again (sigh!)
And my last gripe just as mary jane started getting interesting, she a damsel in distress again and I really hate it, REALLY hate when dusnt starts screaming.
O.k, plus points.
good interaction between harry,peter and mary jane.
Peter getting stressed and going moody.
J.J.J
In all if I were you I'd wait for the DVD.
Go see Harry potter instead?

Posted on: 5 05 07 01:14 am
Create PDF from Post Print

mutant
Level : 13; EXP : 18
HP : 0 / 304
MP : 66 / 17229
I just saw it and overall...enjoyed it, however I have to say it's the weakest of the three. It had great effects. The falling...Spidey using debris to speed himself up...well done. I really liked Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman and Topher Grace was a great Eddie Brock. James Franco showed a great range of personality, from vengeful to playful...well done. I have to say, though, that I think it did suffer from 3rd film syndrome. They tried to pack too much in, forcing too many coincidences. There was no need to tie Sandman to Uncle Ben's death. He's enough of a threat that Spidey would feel obligated to go after him. There would then be no personal reason to completely lose his temper, providing a perfect chance to show how the black suit effects his anger. I would have liked to see more reliance on the Spider-sense so when Venom does show up, it's obvious that he can hide from it. Since none of the actors have signed for a fourth, as far as I know, it seems they wanted to tie everything up and set up nothing for another sequel. It would have been better if they had introduced the black costume here and saved Venom for the next. I also had a real problem with Peter disco dancing down the street. They were trying to show his personality changing, but was way too campy for me. My other little problem is that Peter lives in New York with video cameras and cell phone cameras and security cameras everywhere, not to mention newspapers willing to pay a fortune for a pic of Spidey unmasked. With all that, Peter spent a lot of time in public, in costume, without his mask. But even with it's faults, I liked it. I give it a 7 out of 10. Not great, but definitely worth seeing.

Posted on: 5 05 07 01:53 am

Gold Member
From NW Iowa
Level : 17; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 417
MP : 119 / 21071
The more I think about this movie, the more disappointed I am with the choices they made to convey the story. I won't go into the number of villains thing 'cuz I'm sure that will get dealt with elsewhere.

The symbiote amplifies agression so Pete decides to go emo/goth and become a dick? Wouldn't he have started wearing leather and started fights in biker bars? Plus, with the budget they reportedly had, why not explore the costume's chameleonic abilities. He didn't have to buy new clothes because the alien could mimic any style he wanted to wear...

And this: "Oh, yeah. Your father killed himself. I was just trying to think of the right time to tell you." WTF?

Contrived, moronic, nonsense dialog tied together with incomprehensibly blurry fight sequences that were far too dark and - quite honestly - silly to get fully invested in. That's the movie I walked away from. They zoomed in on action that should have been full screen and zoomed out of sequences that you wanted to see what was going on.

Plus, was there something in the contract that said Macguire's face had to be on screen that much? One of the things about the comic has always been the lengths Peter went to protect his identity (at one point going out to fight with a paper bag over his head - courtesy of The Human Torch). Why would he show up to an event peopled by (presumably) thousands of people with cameras without his mask on?

And don't even get me started on the idiotic cameos...

Posted on: 5 05 07 08:20 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84827
Spoiler alert, bitches

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it.
It was both enjoyable and visually interesting.
Some of the movie didn't make sense to me or ring true (not that truth is big in spiderman, alien symbiotes, people made of sand etc.) But I am more taking about Mary-Jane, being a part of a bad play and getting bad reviews so she become a singer/waitress at a Jazz Bar, what the hell is with that. Fire your fucking agent, If every actor that got a bad review in a movie or a play didn't act again we would have almost no actors. and then the extreme corn of Peter dancing Down the street Winking at girls to show he has become "evil" was just dumb. Hell that's not evil that's just horny and tarded. Now fortunately this wasn't the bulk of the movie. the rest was pretty good, the parts with James Franco were the best in the movie, Personally they could have removed either Sandman and/or Venom and focused more on Franco's Greeny. I really liked the movie despite it's flaws. I think number 2 was better then 3 but only marginally. another really good superhero movie.
Next!

Posted on: 6 05 07 10:34 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

ok heres my review of spidey 3.....it was fucking awesome...the end

Posted on: 6 05 07 02:56 pm

Hero to the stars
From Moses Lake, Washington
Level : 42; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 1031
MP : 950 / 56336
I saw Spider-Man 3 and mostly enjoyed it. I didn't have a problem with the number of villians but agree with the comments about Mary Jane working in a jazz club and Peter doing disco down the street. I also agree they tried to pack too much into the movie.

Even with some problems I liked the movie. It may not be quite as good as the second one but I recommend the movie. this is a DVD I will buy.

Posted on: 7 05 07 11:11 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
Saw the Movie. I was not that impressed with it. I went thinking 3 badies, 3x the action. instead it turned out to be a love story of sorts. Major Gripe, bringing Gwen Stacy into the picture this late in the game. I mean come on she was his first girl friend and she was KILLED by the green goblin in the comics. and I like how in the second movie the landlords daughter was named Gwen, but here it was changed to Ursala. I am glad to see that it did follow ( in sorts as to the villians that showed up in 2 ( Morbius, Lizard, Venom and Green goblin were the ones hinted at from the Second Film.) We got Venom and Goblim. Morbius even shows up in 3 scenes through out the movie as well. and we get to see more of Doc Conner.

So if there is a 4th we have potental of seeing Venom/Carnage, Lizard, return of the Sandman, but some how I am betting they will be trown out the window and it will be Rhino and Scorpion and or Electro that show up for the next round.

I did like the bell tower scene iconic straight from the pages of spiderman comics ....though I fell this was done to try and top Superman returns when they had the photos replicating key covers of the super man comics.

I was also pissed that Sandman was respocible for Ben's death. As stated, no need for that. and Why the hell was the partical machine thing Marco falls into..why the hell is it just out in the open and not in an underground military installation or something like that?

I am glad to see that Venom still came from space. I was hoping for more Air time for Venom.

Posted on: 7 05 07 09:32 pm

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 48
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 97791
So if you want see the movie and don't want to go pay the big bucks at the Cineplex and don't mind watching it in two parts and don't mind sitting in front of your computer for about 132 minutes or so?

Spider-Man 3 (2007) : Full Online Movie Click here

You might need to have the DivX player and converter?
There might be a link to them on the site,it's where I got mine!

PS :- watch it while you can there's no telling how long it may be up?

Posted on: 7 05 07 10:28 pm

From Canada
Hey DD haven't you seen any of those commercials that tell you downloading is the same as stealing. You stole Spiderman 3...

Posted on: 8 05 07 07:51 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Hey DD haven't you seen any of those commercials that tell you downloading is the same as stealing. You stole Spiderman 3...

I bet he promises to send the makers $15 bucks.... don't you DD?

Posted on: 8 05 07 07:58 am

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50648

Posted on: 8 05 07 07:46 pm

superhero
From Oxford
Level : 15; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 362
MP : 91 / 18129
I started watchin the ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD just to see if my opinion would be different, but no it's still a bag of shite!
It's a cheesefest pure and simply, and all the plot setups if you can't follow whats gonna happen next you should be on life support cause u gotta be brian dead.
Why don't they get bendis or kirkman to write the script, they do fantasical and chessy but it works, surely it would'nt be much of a stretch to translate that to film.
The fear I have tho is it's raking in the dollars so no matter what the studios thinks they've got it right so next spiderman 4 = batman and robin.
I hope the fuck it up so they have to start again a la batman begins.
As stan lee says NUFF SAID! (see cheesy!)

Posted on: 9 05 07 02:32 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:
DW wrote:
Major Gripe, bringing Gwen Stacy into the picture this late in the game. I mean come on she was his first girl friend and she was KILLED by the green goblin in the comics.

Actually, Spiderman killed her trying to save her. After Green Goblin chunked her, Spidey webbed her feet and stopped her so abruptly that it snapped her neck.

Dar - Great video

OK, I saw it last night. I actually enjoyed it a lot, even with all of its drawbacks. It wasn't up to par with #1 & #2... but it was still entertaining. I could have done without how retarded Peter acted in the black suit... either be mean as hell or dance like a retard... but you can't be both. And the Jazz club... I think that was in there just so they could hit the 2 hour plus time frame. What the hell... that was gay too! (wow.. in that paragraph I think I might have just offended Handi-capable people and alternative lifestyle people Oh well...)
And the final fight was pretty awesome to...

If I hadn't already bought the first two, I do not think that I would buy this one. But I have to have the set... so I will buy it when it come out... just to have the set.

Posted on: 10 05 07 08:07 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62619
Just saw it last night. Still trying to wash the image out of my eyes of Parker disco dancing in the street.

When I watched the first 2 I thought I'm not a Spidey comicbook fan, but from what I gathered they got it just about right.

When I watched this one it felt as though they threw the comic book out the window and decided this is the perfect moment to put their stamp on it.

So in saying that...... If you divorce yourself from the comicbook. It's quite an entertaining movie.

Posted on: 11 05 07 06:53 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58414
Holy Crap!!! This is the shiniest turd of all time! Amazing special effects poorly realized... Awesome characters inexplicably altered... Highly talented actors completely underutilized.. All crammed into a story not fit for the comics this movie hates so much.

I am usually open to changes made to comic stories because of the limitations of movies, but in this load of crud they made changes that not only were without reason, and added nothing to the film, they actually derailed this crap train on it's way to crap town.

It's effing New York for God's sake... even the bad off Broadway shows are better than what they tried to burn our eyes out with. And couldn't they have put Mary Jane in a good jazz club, where they had her perform decent music?

As far as Mary Jane goes, I still can't see that creepy hippy chick Dunced as MJ.

But this is what we get by running out and making this giant mountain of refuse the number one movie. It just shows you how entertainment starved we are that we will plunk down our hard earned cash and eat this shit with a grin on...

What bothers me most is that this is made by the same people that did the first two... Who knew they hated comics and their viewing audience so much all this time...

It amazes me how little respect is paid to comics. Movies have become the basturd children of their source material with so few that have the courage or quality contained within it. Spiderman 3 ranks right below that other comic cinematic abortion Batman and Robin.

BLEAGH!

Posted on: 15 05 07 07:26 pm

From Canada
sooo your saying you liked it?

Posted on: 15 05 07 09:37 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
sooo your saying you liked it?

I think he is saying that all they did was attempt to put some lipstick on a pig and failed even at that. But yeah... he loved it.

Posted on: 16 05 07 07:46 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62619
You mean if they attempted to put the lipstick on the pig's ass, and hit a nostril. I think he's got the bed sheets.

Posted on: 16 05 07 08:28 am

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25889
Good not great. With the money they had they could have done better. I mean what $300,000,000 or something and only 5 minutes of Venom. At least he looked cool for those few minutes. It reminded me of Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back when they are on the set of Good Will Hunting and the director is just counting the money the whole time, i can see Sam Raimi doing that.

What i would have done is just have Sandman and Venom as villains, went more into Sandman's past like what was wrong with his daughter and what the thing he fell into was? Sandman and Venom team up, kidnap Captain Stacy but when it come for Sandman to kill him he can't so Venom does causing Spidey and Sandman team up to defeat Venom

Oh well at least the game is kick ass on the WII

Posted on: 17 05 07 02:31 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.