Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Comic art styled band promo
vigilante
From the hills of the Ozarks
Level : 2; EXP : 86
HP : 0 / 46
MP : 5 / 2704
Hail to the artists of Heromorph,

Let me start by saying, as a long time site member and lifetime fan of comics, I've enjoyed the hell out of this website, since I stumbled across it. The thought of seeing Cindy Crawford as Rogue (hint, hint), or Pamela Anderson as the White Queen, kicks a$$, and the comic art tops it all off!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
For 4 years now I've been in a band called Black Buffalo. We're not a band of Superheroes, but a metal band, who're aspiring to be heroes. As an extra promo tool, we've been working on a comic book which takes a totally different spin on Black Buffalo. Your first thought is probably, "Like Kiss right?" Uh. . . no not like Kiss. We're writing this comic with original stories about a super hero task force called Black Buffalo, and though it's a promo tool for the band & our music, Black Buffalo's comic counterparts are not a metal band (This is no Josey & The Pussycats). This comic is being created by comic fans, who understand it takes more than tights & zombies to make a good comic, but we'll have some of those too.

We're currently looking for artists to help us get this project off the ground. We're looking now for concept art for the Band's comic counterparts. When we get the characters straight we'll be going into production on t-shirts, & promo material for the band & the comic. If for some reason we have trouble with the production of the actual book, we'll still be using this artwork for the band's many promotional projects.

If you are an artist who's interested in our project please contact me at darthmiller@hotmail.com or (417) 588-4333. You can check the band out at www.myspace.com/blackbuffalo

Thanks for your time,
-TREE- (Darth Miller)
Black Buffalo
Kessel Run Entertainment
(417) 588-4333
darthmiller@hotmail.com

Posted on: 16 09 07 09:07 am

Re: Comic art styled band promo
vigilante
Sorry to any of you who consider this original message spam, but if you look at my profile I've been a member of Heromorph for a while now, and have never used this site to advertise our band. Further more, we are actually looking for for an artist for our comic book, and have three "issues" already written. Besides this is the section to post about comissions, is it not?

Posted on: 16 09 07 10:07 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406
Quote:

DarthMiller wrote:
Sorry to any of you who consider this original message spam, but if you look at my profile I've been a member of Heromorph for a while now, and have never used this site to advertise our band. Further more, we are actually looking for for an artist for our comic book, and have three "issues" already written. Besides this is the section to post about comissions, is it not?

The Spam-Lite label is a fun way of letting our members know that there "may" be no real meat in the can. I think if your initial post was implicit that a financial arrangement was being offered the label wouldn't have been slapped on. If that offends you, so be it, but as we have seen so many artists get burned, we err on the side of caution. Cuz there ain't nothing worse than spending the amount of time it takes to produce a piece and then being stiffed.

We of course give you the benefit of the doubt. That's why we just put the label on there rather than deleting the thread. Nothing would please us more than if you and an artist member here were to come to a happy arrangement with this project.

Posted on: 17 09 07 08:49 am
Create PDF from Post Print

vigilante
Thank you very much for helping me understand this. Spammers are such an issue nowadays, I was afraid of my profile being deleted. As a performing musician I also understand the need to make sure where the money's coming from, so no offense is taken. We will compensate artists for their work, but being that artists charge different prices, we plan on working this out with each individual artist.
Thanks again for your time,
-TREE- aka Darth Miller
(417) 588-4333

Posted on: 17 09 07 08:34 pm

superhero
From Oxford
Level : 15; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 362
MP : 91 / 18126
sounds interesting although I'm not really much of one for rock stuff, but I'm good at character design so if you want me let me know.

Posted on: 18 09 07 02:18 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62619
I see you and I share the same area code. And so do these people.

http://www.comicspace.com/ninjahousecatstudios/

Posted on: 19 09 07 05:18 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.