Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A very special request
vigilante
From Pocatello (the third level of Hell)
Level : 4; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 80
MP : 10 / 4448
My fellow HM'er's,

I would like to ask a very special request of one, two, or many of you.

My wife (username Shandril here on HM if you want to see some of the stuff she has done), is suffering from terminal cancer and does not have long left to live, a few weeks, maybe a month or so at best. She has been a fan of, and associated herself with, Harley Quinn ever since Timm/Dini created her.

Before she goes, I'd like a good manip (or two, or ...) of her as Mr. J's #1 gal, and so I'm turning to the wonderful artists here to help me out. I would do it myself, but (1) as can be seen by the date of the last time I posted, I've been busy and (2) my skill right now can't do justice to my love for her.

I have about 50 or so of her professional shots (~8 mpx) in jpeg that I can send a few to anyone willing to take up this request. For anyone wanting to see a sample (lower res versions) of what you would be working with, you can go to here and click on the photo gallery link to a few of her shots.

Anyone willing to do this for us can either PM me here with info to send pics to, or email me at connor.mac.michil@gmail.com.

Thanks to all of you for giving both of us so many wonderful pictures over the years, and sometime here in the near future maybe I will get around to finishing the 3 - 4 that I have in progress.

Posted on: 18 01 08 09:31 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: A very special request
Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50797
Damn dude, I am so sorry. She's a beautiful lady. I would be happy to do something for her, send the jpegs to me at daruma42@hotmail.com.

Posted on: 18 01 08 11:36 pm

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54794
I can't even imagine how things has been for both of you.
She's a very beautifull lady.
It will be a pleasure to help you out with my modest skills, so you if can send one image of her my way and I'll do my best.
I'll send you a PM with my mail shortly.

Posted on: 19 01 08 05:57 am

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52481
I know you must be tired of hearing I'm sorry, and there's nothing I can say to make it better or easier for you. I know you're asking for a manip, but would a colored pic be okay, too? I'm not a good at manipping, but I'd like to do something for the two of you. Good luck and you'll both be in my prayers.

Posted on: 19 01 08 07:33 am

vigilante
I'd like to thank all of you that have contacted me about this. I have set up a website here so that I don't have to email large files to multiple people. There are 6 pictures of Shandril up there now and I may add some more later.

And though I would like at least one of her as Harley, if anyone thinks that one of the pics would be good for someone else, feel free.

VL, there are also a few drawings that she had done and not had time to color if you want to color one of her drawings.

Posted on: 19 01 08 09:43 am

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52481
I don't know if Conner would have the time now to see that HM is back. I also know that it's not really my place to announce this, but his wife passed away a little while ago, soon after he made his request.

I thought someone should say something in case a new picture showed up. Maybe someone could do one in tribute.

Posted on: 6 02 08 04:34 am

vigilante
Connor, unfortunately, has way too much time on his hands... so, yes, I did know that HM was back online. Not that I've had the time to post the last pic I colored or finish the manip I started while it was down...

And, yes, as VL said, Shandril did pass away on 1/25 after her nearly year long battle with cancer. And you needn't worry about announcing it VL, I would have myself when it happened if the site hadn't been kaput.

She did have a chance to see the pics of Harley that VL colored, and the manip of her that OCP did and she liked them very much. Even though she is gone, I'm sure that if Daruma and Dark Wanderer finish their manips, and anyone else that wants to do one, she will see those pictures too. And, they will get printed out, framed, and put up on the wall with her portrait like the others.

Now to finish arranging music and picking pictures for the memorial service on Saturday. And then maybe some manip work ... or beer ... or both until one interferes with the other...

Posted on: 7 02 08 06:54 pm

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50797

Damn. Sorry, Connor.

Posted on: 7 02 08 11:43 pm

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54794
I went to your journal blog as soon as HM came back and read it there, Connor.
I know there is nothing I can say to ease things up, but I wish all the best for you and your child for the future...
Maybe my english is not the best to say what I mean, but I think you'll understand...
My thougths are with you, Buddy.

Posted on: 8 02 08 06:04 am

vigilante
Dar, that's about as simple as anyone managed to put it, and yet as meaningful as some of the longer things I've heard.

OCP, your picture was beautiful, and your English is perfect to say what you meant.

And, while this probably isn't the right thread to do this in, neither is the delete pictures thread, and enough of the mods and heralds have read this that I'm sure one or two will see it. So...

When one of the mods has some time, after the hectic, frantic fix the site because it moved again is done, could someone move Shandril's pictures into the "Dead Artists" section? I know that the 'dead' part doesn't normally mean 'dead', but (1) she isn't ever going to log in again (unless I click the wrong button and use her account), and (2) no one is going to be able to contact her via email, phone, etc. (and if they do, I'd really like to know how). So, she pretty much meets the requirements.

Thanks to everyone. It's nice to know that people I've never met are as friendly and comforting as ones that I see every week.

Posted on: 16 02 08 10:48 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85074
it is the very least we could do. it has been done.

I am sorry for your loss.

Posted on: 17 02 08 01:08 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.