Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 81

Oz2y, more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

My Wardrobe Malfunction
Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53770
So I was a small con on Sunday and decided to wear my silk Spider-Man shirt over my blue Superman tee as a way of showing that I [used to] like both companies. However I got more than one kidding comment about how crossing over the Big 2's images was like saying I'm both a Democrat and Republican. I knew they always had a rivaly but since when did I have to choose sides? Or is it just another small symptom of the divisive times we live in? Any thoughts?

Posted on: 23 07 09 02:33 pm

Re: My Wardrobe Malfunction
Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 36008
I think a lot might have been kidding.
But there are those out there who feel that there is only room for one opinion on any subject...theirs.
While that may be the way a lot of the world is run as far as politics goes...I think the analogy in this case is flawed.
I believe that the comic/art community is probably the best place to see through that flaw.
For Example, I haven't seen many morphers here who haven't dabbled in more than just the DC or Marvel worlds. Most have done beautiful representations, or sarcastic spoofs of both universes equally.
There is much that can be drawn from both.
Heck, even the two Big Guns themselves borrow from each other regularly.
How much fun would they have made of you if you wore an "Amalgam Comics" T-shirt?
Bet you would have drawn an entirely different set of comments from the same people who kiddingly objected to your ensemble. My guess is it would have sparked comments on the specific Amalgam characters, but no references to elephants and asses.

Still, that must have been fun.

Posted on: 23 07 09 03:35 pm

Gold Member
From Brooklyn, NY
Level : 30; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 737
MP : 410 / 35749
I have never understood the whole "if you don't like what I like your not a true fan or whatever"

Look I am as bleeding heart liberal as you can get and I still like Bruce Willis movies. I have friends that will refuse to watch Sean Penn films because he's a liberal and friends who won't watch Willis because he's a conservative.

I never understood the (lack of) logic. Same thing with comics. I am a DC fan, the characters just appeal to me more,but that doesn't mean I won't read Marvel, or Dynamite or whatever.

You just ran into an idiot(s)

Posted on: 23 07 09 05:29 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82131
Come on now... if someone disagrees with you then you should just punch them in the throat and walk off. Today I wore my Iron Man Underoos, a Powder Puff t-shirt, and my Spawn baseball cap... and no one said anything to me... mainly because I left a line of bodies behind me.

I can possibly see butting heads over political views... but come on, not watching a movie because that super liberal goof ball Sean Penn is in it is insane... did you see "Mystic River"? I hate his views, but man, he can act (sometimes... go Fast Times!!!) But at the end of the day, you are your own person and you shouldn't give a flip about what other people think about what you wear, your political beliefs, your theological beliefs, your musical likes and dislikes.... etc. Effe them if they don't like it. Besides, Spidey and Superman are great... even though DC sucks (besides Harley).

Oh, and I can't effen believe that you put DC over Marvel... what the hell is wrong with you!!!

Posted on: 23 07 09 07:54 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.