Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

MAN OF STEEL _ What did you think?
Gold Member
Level : 26; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 643
MP : 299 / 38170
Okay. Your views on the 'MAN of STEEL'....Go.

Posted on: 15 06 13 08:13 pm

Re: What did you think?
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72336
I liked it. It had a lot of the elements from the "Earth One" graphic novels that came out.

I loved how it did for Lois what no other movie did before: made her the intelligent reporter she was famous for being.

The special effects were great and the camera techniques they used were in my opinion reminiscent of what was used in FireFly and was like paying Homage to that show.

One minor thing that bugged me, and this is only a personal opinion, Zod,made mention of a time unit using Earth standards and not Kryptonian

Posted on: 16 06 13 06:17 pm

Gold Member
Level : 26; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 643
MP : 299 / 38170
What I really liked about this movie is that they did it and away I felt they should have done the 'Batman' reboot, and that is that they did parts or his origin and back-story as flashbacks. And I equally like that they still had him learning about his powers after he put on the costume. Over all I enjoy the movie greatly. I saw it in 'IMAX 3D' will be going back to see it again in the regular screen to look for things I didn't see before.

Posted on: 18 06 13 06:29 pm

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43672
I don't know, I liked it, but I wasn't overly impressed. I feel it may have been slightly overburdened with computer special effects though, with 40+ minutes of the film being driven by this means of special effects. I just feel having some practical effects in the film might've made it so much better.

Now with how the roles were played and characters portrayed, well that was top-notch and the fight between Supes and Zod... levels above the preceding Superman films. The director's goal in this film was to give the audience the feel that this view of Superman could actually happen in our modern world....I think it was successful and apparently, so does the box office profits.

I'm trying to be as vague as I can here don't want to give away any spoilers... but you catch the Easter Eggs?

Posted on: 20 06 13 01:02 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67844
Well I thought it was the 'best' Superman movie I have ever seen [but then other than Superman 2...all the others SUCKED! especially Superman Returns!]. With that said I had a few pros and cons about the movie.
1. Casting
Pro: Henry Cavill was absolutely born to play Superman. Not that he was the best actor of any other version..but he actually looked like a man of steel. Both his facial features and physique were spot on. Russel Crowe made for a good Jor-El. Diane Lane [Ma Kent] & Micheal Shannon [General Zod] were adequate and played their parts well.
Con: Did not like the choice of Amy Adams as Lois Lane. While she did a very good acting job..she just didn't do it for me. Maybe I'm just being biased but anything other than a black haired Lois Lane just wont do [didn't like the brown hair in Superman Returns didn't like the Auburn hair in this one. Besides I found her rather plain looking. For a guy who probally could have any woman in the world he wants..I think he settled for less. Hated Costner's Pa Kent..too grim and foreboding to me [with a stepdad like that its a wonder Kal ever used his powers period]. And as much as I like Laurence Fishburn....a black Perry White?
Overall Grade...B
2. Story
Pro: I liked the new direction the story took. The civil war on Krypton. The murder [rather than death in the explosion] of Jor-El. Clark's lifestyle off the grid. Not to mention the omission of both Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen.
Con: Too many holes and loose ends. How did Zod and his crew escape from their prison casings and commandeer the ship? How did they know they had powers after being on Earth for only a few hours? Why was it that every kid from Smallville knew Clark pushed the bus out of the water but none of them could figure out he was Superman? Does the government know who he is? Why would Zod only dispatch 2 of his soldiers to fight Supes when he could have easily killed him by sending them all? The movie was long..but might not have seemed so long had they not had that hour long almost-put-you-to-sleep segment prior to when all the action really started and had wayy too many needless flashbacks.
Overall Grade...C
3. Special Effects
Pro: THE BEST FIGHT SCENES I'VE EVER SEEN. Nuff said! I thought the damage done in the Avengers was good...this was better. I actually got a good feel of what it would be like to be part of a battle between superior beings with destructive powers. The scene with the reporter buried under the rubble of the collapsed building was great!
Con: Probally the first Superman movie I saw where the flying just didn't look good. Don't know if it was the backgrounds or the way he moved as he flew. [probally looked better in 3D]
Overall Grade...A
So on a scale of 1 to 10 this movie was a solid 9 to me. Well worth the price of admission and a must for my DVD collection down the road.

Posted on: 21 06 13 03:10 am

From Kentucky
Star, I got to see ir in 3D and it was well worth it. I could not help comment to my wife, when the Fight started and took it's toll on the City, "Next time on Dragonball Z..." LOL

Posted on: 21 06 13 04:17 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58576
Was no one else unable to reconcile the wholesale destruction caused by the fight between this Supes and Zod against the character of Superman from all previous incarnations? Who would feel safe with this Superman in town? Also, the climactic scene rang particularly false in light of of all of that destruction.

I did enjoy much of the movie though... despite the horrible handling of Pa Kent's character. I particularly liked the incognito Supes section, as well as the Krypton sequences.

Posted on: 21 06 13 09:42 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85052
I really enjoyed the movie.

I would say that the only change that seemed off to me was Pa Kent. Kevin Costner did a good acting job but he just seemed a little too concerned with keeping it a secret. I am still a little in shock about his consideration that Clark should have "maybe" let the people in the bus die. It just didn't seem right for the character. I understand wanting to keep it a secret but I think they went a little overboard in that particular part.

I also like the fact that the Army doesn't really trust him. Not even really at the end of the movie. I also really liked that Loise isn't an idiot and the glasses are not at this point tricking anyone.

I don't mind that Supes killed Zod. It seemed like the right thing to have this superman do at this point. I would also say that they could spin his killing of Zod into why superman has a no killing rule.

I also liked that the movie had the balls to show that superman was a christian. I am not religious myself and am an atheist, but I felt that Supermand believing in God and the Bible and going to the priest for guidance was an extremely interesting and bold choice of the film makers. The trend in most films is to not mention it at all and pretend like religion doesn't exist so characters can appeal to everyone (when in fact I think it takes away). Anyway, I think it was a good choice to have that scene and it made sense since Clark is a farm boy from Kansas.

I also really liked the action. It felt like it was the first show that had action with Superman that really showed the sheer power of Superman and his top tier enemies.

The special effects were really well done IMHO. I am surprises Star didn't like the flying. (Rewatch Superman the quest for peace if you want to see bad flying effects (they even reused the same one over and over agaian in that film. )

I have seen the movie twice now and I enjoyed it a lot both times. Nothing I really noticed on the second veiwing that I didn't on the first but I was very entertained for the whole film. I personally liked it more then The Dark Knight Rises. It was significantly better then Ironman 3 was.

Posted on: 24 06 13 01:30 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60295
I don't have much to add of what everybody has already said, just that this is the superman we all wanted to see in the films, the flashback origin is great because we don't get an hour of boring origin we already know.

The whole movie is great I went to see the movie in 4DX and it was awesome!!.

I think that this superman is going to be really hated sometimes after a fight with an enemy, they destroyed most of Metropolis!!!

They have raised the bar to high for the next movie, if they choose to introduce Lex Luthor in the in the next one they need a pretty good story so we can enjoy the same kind of super action!!

And I'm with you Star, Laurence Fishburn....a black Perry White?...I'm all for changes but in this one I don't see the point (example: in Daredevil I accepted Michael Clarke Duncan as kingpin because he has the body for the role)

spoiler alert!!

The Easter Eggs that I saw were the Lex Luthor gasoline truck and the Wayne tech satellite, did I missed any other?

Posted on: 27 06 13 10:31 pm

From Kentucky
Here are a few of the Easter Eggs in the movie. Also found but not listed in the following link were the mention of Guardian and there was a call sign of "Trident" which could have been a referance to Aqua Man.

CLICK HERE FOR EASTER EGGS

Posted on: 29 06 13 06:24 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.