Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Icman isnow revealed to be Gay...
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
Enough is enough MARVEL!

There was no reason for this change!

Click for Full Story.

Posted on: 21 04 15 02:15 pm

Re: Icman isnow revealed to be Gay...
mutant
From Oa
Level : 9; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 202
MP : 34 / 8264
there was a reason, the "need" for more diversity in comics and changing an established character is easier than trying to create a new one and have it gain the same popularity as a pre existing one. I have no issue with them saying Bobby is gay. I do draw issue with just how heavy handed it was. So poorly written from the plot device of jean reading his mind, to the comments about Older Iceman not being gay (which imho sends the bad narrative that if you try hard enough you can choose to not be gay). Also I do question why not do something with the other Gay superhero they already have (that being North Star). All around this is bad publicity stunt, what they should have done is leaked that an original X-man was gay and then not told us Who it was so people would rush out and buy it to find out.

Posted on: 22 04 15 06:09 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
You introduce new gay characters. You don't "turn" one gay.
Besides, I do not hear the LGBT groups screaming for more gay characters. This is absurd. About a stupid as a Female Thor.
And if they did this to sell comics, it wouldn't have worked here. I would have walked in, opened the comic, put it down and left.

Posted on: 22 04 15 11:48 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
I really don't understand the part were the young one is gay and the old one is not.

Unless of course the young one is not from the same timeline/universe/dimension as the older one and this is the first hint that these are similiar versions to the existing ones but from an alternate dimension/timeline/universe pulled into this one. But it very well could just be weird writing.

Posted on: 22 04 15 12:23 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
It is in fact the original X-Men that have been pulled from their past. I have been following this story since issue one.

there was an event that killed one of the young X-Men temporarily and the older counter part blinked out of existence until the younger one was revived.

Seeing as how 33 titles will end after the new Secret Wars ends, this being one of them, why not go out with a bang?

I have to agree,no need in making existing characters gay for no other reason to poke a media hornet's nest.

Posted on: 22 04 15 12:50 pm

mutant
From Oa
Level : 9; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 202
MP : 34 / 8264
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
You introduce new gay characters. You don't "turn" one gay.
Besides, I do not hear the LGBT groups screaming for more gay characters. This is absurd. About a stupid as a Female Thor.
And if they did this to sell comics, it wouldn't have worked here. I would have walked in, opened the comic, put it down and left.

the reason they don't make new ones is becuase the success rate of new Characters regardless of race, gender, religion, creed, sexual preference or species is low. Any one remember that Black Avenger Triathlon? if not there is a reason.

as far as female thor... try reading it before you knock it, it is super well written

Posted on: 23 04 15 03:32 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.