Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A Special 10th HM Draw/off, check it out......
Here we go with Draw/off #10. Since we made it to 10 contests I figured this would be a good time to do something special.

The first part of this contest will be the pencils. Same rules as always. No inks, no color, no nothing...except pencils. You will have 2 weeks to draw something cool and inspiring.

Right after the deadline comes and goes for the pencils, the inkers and colorist come in and pick one of the drawings to ink and color. The rules here are you CAN'T ink and color your own drawing. It has to be someone elses drawing. Now if you can't draw or don't want to draw, you can still enter round two and ink and color a drawing. The ink and color round will have a deadline of 2 weeks.

Now comes round 3. Again, right after the deadline is over for the ink and color round, the manippers come in. You CAN'T manip your own work, so it has to be someone else's coloring job. The manip will have to be of the colored line art. It has to be as close to the original drawing w/colors as possible. There will be a 2 week deadline for this round also.

So, as an example, a person could come in and do a penciled drawing, do the color round (of a different persons drawing) and on to the 3rd round of Manipping a colored picture that someone else did. The thing is you won't be coloring or manipping your own work, you will always be doing someone elses stuff. That is except for the first round of pencils. Now, if you can't draw, and only color, then enter just the color round. Same thing for the manippers. Or maybe you want to pencil and manip but not color, whatever you feel like doing.

At the end of the contest, we will have a poll open to the public to vote on each stage of the contest. We will have a vote and winner for the pencil round, the ink/color round and the manipping round. Theoretically a person could win each round. If this happens, we are gonna try to have a special prize awarded for that person. We will have to see. As for the winners of each round, that will be determined as we go along.

Ok, got all that? Good. Here is the theme for the contest. Hope has requested that we take our favorite hero or villain from DC and our favorite hero or villain from Marvel and team them up. Put them in a dramatic pose, they are working together for some common good or evil. Superman and Spiderman, helping some old lady across the street. Or how about Superman and DoctorDoom, an odd pair, trying to defeat an alien invasion. Perhaps two villains bringing death and destruction or a villain and hero who are getting into trouble. You choose.

The deadline for the first round will be the 25th of Apri 2006 at NOON. Good luck to everyone and have some fun.

Posted on: 10 04 06 06:52 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: A Special 10th HM Draw/off, check it out......
Arch Nemesis
Level : 32; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 789
MP : 482 / 47125
Complicated Challenge!
On Round #3, there doesn't seem to be much left to manipulate. I would prefer changing the rules to allow the manipulator (or poser) to re-create the penciled/coloured pic as precisely as possible using manipped (franked) models or poser ; then judged on relationship to the drawn/colour pic and overall merit. Response? (NOTE: I've tried this a couple of times with drwawings from other members).

Posted on: 11 04 06 07:08 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72111
Sounds cool :)

Posted on: 11 04 06 08:57 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62610
Just for clarification. The Draw Off is Force's domain. I and the other mods/heralds aren't running this.

That being said, could you ellaborate more on what the manipping section of this is. I personally thought you didn't mean for them to manip the existing drawing, but to recreate the drawing using models and whatnot. I was TOLD otherwise. thanks for clearing this up.

Posted on: 11 04 06 09:55 am

Hmm, sorry there seemed to be some misinterpretations of the rules. As I stated:

Now comes round 3. Again, right after the deadline is over for the ink and color round, the manippers come in. You CAN'T manip your own work, so it has to be someone else's coloring job. The manip will have to be of the colored line art. It has to be as close to the original drawing w/colors as possible.

This means that as a manipper, you come in and look at all the colored and pencil versions of the theme. For example, let's say that I am just manipping, nothing else. Let's say there are 10 entries for the pencil round. And 12 entries for the colored round. But there are only 5 different pencil versions picked to be colored. And as a manipper, I liked the way Joe Smith drew his pic in the pencil stage, but no one colored his drawing. I can still manip this drawing. So, what I'm saying is that even if a drawing doesn't make it to the 2nd round of coloring, you can still pick it to manip.

You will NOT be manipping OVER the existing pencil drawing or colored versions. Those will only be guides, references for you. Imagine you are manipping a cover to a comic. You can use what ever tools are available to you. Franking, poser, hell if you want....go old school and cut some crap out of a Sears magazine and piece it together. LOL. Try to stay as close to the original drawing/colors as possible. This was just done in the last HM challenge I believe, manipping a comic cover...same principle.

I hope this better explains the rules, but if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. I must give credit to Morgan for basically coming up with this idea. I think this is a great challenge for several reasons, not the least of which, folks have been wanting some color in the contest. Plus this lets in the manippers to show us what they got. And if you are really talented....you can draw something, color something and manip something for the contest.

Again, the deadline is the 25th of April 2006 at NOON. IMMEDIATELY after, the color round will begin. You will have untile the 9th of May at NOON to finish that. IMMEDIATELY after that, starts the manip round, which will be due the 23rd of May at NOON. And, you guessed it, voting right after. We will hopefully have a poll up at that time. You will cast your vote for best pencils, best coloring and best manip. I will have to discuss the poll with the Mods or Heralds as they have control over that part.

GOOD LUCK guys and gals. Let's have some fun with this one.

Posted on: 11 04 06 07:13 pm

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34747
Hi,
Sounds like a good idea, but I just want to point out I couldn't manip 2 characters to match a drawing in 2 weeks - not enough time (taking into account work and real life).

I also don't think I could color a two character drawing in 2 weeks on my current learning curve.

Posted on: 11 04 06 07:35 pm

I have to agree with you on that one Chilly. Hey, I'm flexible, you manippers give me a good average amount of time needed and I will see what I can do. On the other hand, you could look at it this way, it's a challenge. I seem to remember Darkblade here at HM did 30 manips in 30 days, so it can be done. He wasn't matching it to a drawing though. Takes time to find a model with the right pose and the pieces needed to fit...soooo, gimme some feedback on this.

Posted on: 12 04 06 03:45 am

Seductress of Sin (real life Babe)
From Hottest Depths of Hell
Level : 38; EXP : 49
HP : 0 / 937
MP : 741 / 52309
I love this idea, Force.

Out of curiousity, what happens if there are not enough inkers/colorist or manippers for the amount of pictures drawn? What about the extra pictures?

And if someone is in round 2 or 3, do they have to make dibs on the picture they are working on?

Posted on: 12 04 06 11:17 am

From Kentucky
I think it will work like this lets say there are for some odd reason only 6 drawings. every one likes the work and lets say we have 7 inkers the rules never say it is a first come first serve. SO I think the inker will chose what ever drawing which means more than one person could end up doing the same picture to color. and the same for the manipers once they get blown away by the color. that is the way I see it anyway I could be dead wrong lol

Posted on: 13 04 06 04:50 am

DW is right. If there is only 6 drawings, and 10 colorist come on, then it doesn't matter. They pick the one they want to color. Same for Manippers. Whatever drawing you want to color or manip, go for it. AS LONG AS IT ISN'T YOUR OWN.

Incidently, manippers would actually have 4 weeks to work on their pic. Once the drawings are up and we move to the color round, the manippers can choose a drawing and start manipping. They don't have to wait for the colored versions. Besides, a manippers favorite drawing may not end up being colored.

If you all have anymore questions, just ask.

Posted on: 13 04 06 07:46 am

Hellfire Club Member
From Montreal
Level : 17; EXP : 14
HP : 0 / 403
MP : 112 / 21952
I'm so in on this one, I've got a great idea (I think it's great anyway). I'll have it online by either tonight or tomorrow

Posted on: 15 04 06 03:14 pm

Arch Nemesis
I entered a Catwoman & Black Cat teamup and Dark Wanderer entered a great Supes / Wolverine SERIAL

Posted on: 20 04 06 08:34 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
due to the trouble HM has had for the last few day, I am extending the deadline of the first section of this draw off until April 26th at noon.

Posted on: 24 04 06 10:54 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

From Kentucky
Sounds like a plan hawk :)

Posted on: 25 04 06 03:51 am

After considering the HM downtime and some comments from some, I'm gonna make one last extension of this first round to this Friday at Noon. I'm hoping that this extra time will make it possible for a few more folks to draw up some good stuff. It also gives Mr. Outlaw more time to make his next pic in the series. lol. So let's go guys and gals, this will be the last extension.

Posted on: 26 04 06 07:59 pm

From Glendale, California
Level : 3; EXP : 83
HP : 0 / 70
MP : 8 / 3833
Will the winners of the drawing portion be chosen this friday or after that?

Posted on: 26 04 06 10:52 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406
Quote:

bkpark wrote:
Will the winners of the drawing portion be chosen this friday or after that?

I will be putting a poll up for this draw-off as soon as I can after the deadline has been reached. It will be valid for one week.

Posted on: 27 04 06 04:44 am

Announcement
Official Award
From Mammoth Mountain
Level : 53; EXP : 33
HP : 261 / 1308
MP : 1834 / 70464
Force95b is no longer the contact or contest promoter for the Heromorph Draw off. From this point on the Heromorph Digital Draw Off will be operated by the Heromorph site moderator and herald staff making it a more official contest. Some changes will come as of Draw Off # 11. Coming fast on the heels of this exciting draw off. If you have any questions regarding the Draw Off please post them in this thread and one of the sites dedicated Staff will get back to you in a Jiffy.

I would like to take a moment to thank Force95b, for running this contest here for such a long time. He has done a great job with it. Thank you for your support to this site. Three big rounds of applause for Force. He made this contest a success and we really do appreciate the work he has done for it.

Unfortunately, the contest has grown to the point where we feel it is in our best interests as the sites moderating staff to try to take control over this fine contest, as many site members are coming to us with questions, concerns, and more concerning the Draw off. It would make it easier if we actually knew the answers to their questions. As well as being able to offer prizes, setting up polls, and more will also be easier with Site staff looking after the Draw off. Once Again great job Force, and Thank you.

What is everyone still doing reading? Shouldn't you all be drawing?

Posted on: 27 04 06 11:58 pm

Re: Announcement
only one outLAW... beware of imitations.
Level : 14; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 340
MP : 81 / 18252
I'd say that this is a very very sportsman response to what went on. I congratulate all of the mods for their professionalism in handling this matter.

Now let's get this second phase rollin!

Posted on: 28 04 06 09:15 am

Re: Announcement
Arch Nemesis
2nd Phase:
Some of the pencil drawings are highly shaded. I presume the colourist could erase back to the baselines and start from there. If anyone wants to colour mine, I have an unshaded inked base outline available.
-MsVee

Posted on: 28 04 06 10:53 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.