Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: voting time
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 6911
Where do we post or send our votes?

Posted on: 19 02 04 03:26 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

RE: Where do we post or send our votes?
superhero
Level : 16; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 103 / 23333
well you could send them all to me, then I (as a nominee) will just cancel out the ones I don't agree with and turn them into a write-in for BADDOG69.

And remeber!!! NO CHADS!!!!

Posted on: 19 02 04 03:31 pm

Re: The Nominations Are in:
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 27
HP : 0 / 106
MP : 14 / 6441
Wow, thanks for the nominees, guys! That's quite an honor. I really appreciate it.

I think those two "Best Male in an Adult Manip" pictures are more than a year old, though. :oops:

Posted on: 19 02 04 04:07 pm

the hanging chad.
Sorry everyone.
Just got home from work, had a little overtime.
Voting will have to be delayed as we are trying to perfect the voting method to ensure fairness and that people can not vote multiple times.
I should stop posting dates that things are going to happen because then i would not have to post delay messages. anyway optical is working on the the voting and trying to fix to see what way would be better. poll vs e-mail form as well as ways to track ip addresses so that people don't vote themselves into the winners podium.
I will update again tommorrow.
Sorry.

Btw: Sleepenemy the nomination to qualify must have been posted here last year. if they were made before that it is fine (next years awards will have much more concrete guildlines and a bit better pre-planning.)

Posted on: 19 02 04 08:18 pm

Re: the hanging chad.
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84827
Quote:
by guest on 2004/2/19 20:18:56

Sorry everyone.
Just got home from work, had a little overtime.
Voting will have to be delayed as we are trying to perfect the voting method to ensure fairness and that people can not vote multiple times.
I should stop posting dates that things are going to happen because then i would not have to post delay messages. anyway optical is working on the the voting and trying to fix to see what way would be better. poll vs e-mail form as well as ways to track ip addresses so that people don't vote themselves into the winners podium.
I will update again tommorrow.
Sorry.

Btw: Sleepenemy the nomination to qualify must have been posted here last year. if they were made before that it is fine (next years awards will have much more concrete guildlines and a bit better pre-planning.)

That was me.
Sorry again for yet another delay,
With all of these delays when the voting starts we will leave it open for a full week, for those people that keep coming here once a week just to read a delay message. The voting should be ready in one form or another very very soon. Again, I am very sorry.

Posted on: 19 02 04 09:09 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

My thoughts
I've remained silent on the subject. But I think it's time to say something.

Rating artwork is a near impossible thing to do. It is VERY subjective, and what one person likes, another doesn't.

There's this other site that I visit from time to time. At one time, it had a rating system. This produced a vast amount of negativity in the forums as artists expressed their dismay at a bad rating. The end result being that the rating system got scrapped.

I may comment on your artwork here, but I will never give a rating. Artists in general are just too damn sensitive about their work. *LOL*

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I've always tried to be very encouraging. Even the worst of artists can go from ugly duckling to swan. As an 'instructor' in the art I know there are those who take my comments in the way intended. But there are others who do not. Thus my comments are usually confined to a very few artists.

This award thing may be a good thing. But it can be bad too.

Sure, we'd all like the recognition. But not everyone is going to get it.

Those who don't win, take heart. This doesn't really mean anything. We like what you do and we want to see more of it. When given a choice between three of your favorite foods, how do you chose one? It's not easy casting a vote for one person when everyone within the category is deserving. How you might vote today, may not be the same tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that.

Now for the however.

If we are going to have an annual award thingy, then shouldn't there be a reward to go with it? A special gallery, perhaps. With the winning entries in it, closed to any additions. A gallery with subfolders named by year. Thus immortalizing the winners forever (or as long as heromorph endures). Just a thought.

Posted on: 23 02 04 11:46 am

Re: My thoughts
superhero
Level : 17; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 415
MP : 118 / 25014
I would have to agree. I've been staring at the Best Artist category for 5 minutes now. I can't decide. Everyone's art is different, and I like things about each artist's style. I can't pick someone out to be 'better' than all the rest. Other categories are a bit easier to decide, but in the end it's all based on personal preference.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what lies in the aftermath.
Also keep in mind, this year's nominees included only a handful of artists and only about 4 month's worth of submissions. If we do this next year, the process will be much more involved.

Posted on: 23 02 04 12:48 pm

Re: My thoughts
From Canada
I dont really think that artist getting upset will be a problem most of the nominations are artist submissions so they know they will be in for a bumby ride. I for one, don't really care who wins or loses, it is all about fun anyway. After all this is Just a friendly competition between friends and artists. no more no less.
For those that dont win, it is ok, I think all the nominated artists and pictures this year are fantastic and i really enjoy all of them.
I really like your idea of a sub-gallery, i was thinking of re-posting the winning images with a heromorph award logo and boarder around them.

Posted on: 23 02 04 07:19 pm

Coming to an end, for this year.
From Canada
It looks like the First annual heromorph awards are going to be coming to a end soon. As the polls are on to the last day of voting.
Stay tuned for the winners list.

Posted on: 29 02 04 04:13 pm

The End Is here
From Canada
Well all the votes are in.
And the winners have been posted.
Congrats to all.
I would like to thank every one involved with the First annual Heromorph Awards. A big Thank you To all the nominies, You are the ones that make this Site Great.
To see the winners go Click Here
And for the winners in the Adult Categories Click Here

Posted on: 1 03 04 07:45 am

Re: The End Is here
superhero
Level : 16; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 387
MP : 103 / 23333
All hail the winners of 2003....

...and to the 'also rans' like myself

we'll get 'em next year!

Posted on: 2 03 04 04:51 am

Re: The End Is here
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 27
HP : 0 / 106
MP : 14 / 6441
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!

And thanks to everyone who voted for me. It's a real honor, especially considering how tough the competition was!

A toast to all the artists and fans at Heromorph - you guys are the best!

Posted on: 2 03 04 04:56 pm

thanks
Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60136
WOW! thanks for your votes!!... I want to give thanks to black alchemy for his tutorials, and also i want to give thanks to all my free time, because without it I wouldn't had done a single manip.

And thank you Hubcap for this great site to hang around.

Posted on: 4 03 04 05:52 pm

Re: thanks
mutant
From England, UK
Level : 10; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 225
MP : 40 / 13465
Thanks to everyone who voted for me too. Frankensteiner of the Year eh? It's a dubious honour but I'm grateful that people recognise the amount of insanity that goes into warping celebrities into tight leather and spandex. :)

Seriously, thanks to everyone that voted for me. Really pleased to be part of Heromorph. There's other manip sites out there but this one wins hands down every time for me. I'm always surprised and impressed by the diversity and skill of the work that's posted here.

That's enough sucking up anyway. Keep up the good work guys and I'll endevor to do the same. Maniping has taken a back burner over the past few weeks but hopefully I'll be back soon with some new work. Look forward to everyone's comments.

Posted on: 6 03 04 02:51 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.