Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bung-Holes
Insert-name-here
Why is it that sites like this one attract so many assholes? Over the time I have been here I have noticed at least one dumb bugger a month. Most are the same, they come in and start to argue with one of the many moderators of the site and then the jag-off gets the boot. It is a repeating cycle, over and over.

What is funny to me is that this happens sooo often that you would figure at least one of these idiots would have seen it at least once or twice themselves before they decided to share their infinite wisdom on a subject that they of course are the only ones that see it their way thru their Divine enlightenment and are so graciously entrusting us, the great ignorant masses with the true wisdom of the universe. Did they really think they were the ones that were going to make a lasting impression?

Some of these guys deserve the boot, others maybe not, I don't have all the information to make that call. But it seems if you keep a positive attitude and mind your business this is a friendly and fun site.

From level one to the most recent boonbog, AnonomissX, Tigra, Force, Onewhowishes and more. Learn from their examples being a jackstick never helps. What will happen is you will be an idiot, you will be mocked and then will be banned and people will continue to mock you. Don't be a moron it is a fight you will never win, but sometimes it is funny to watch.

Posted on: 17 06 06 12:03 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Bung-Holes
The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 48
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 97778
How is it that I spend so much time here and always seem to miss all these fights?
This latest one for example?
This is the first I've heard of it?
Now this might sound odd but can someone fill in the details as I would like just a little information?
If not I would just agree, yes we have had our share of Jabonies!

Posted on: 17 06 06 07:37 pm

The Vampire Layer
From Springfield, Mo
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12258
so true, so true... being a moron is never a good way to meet new friends

Posted on: 18 06 06 05:40 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406

Posted on: 18 06 06 06:07 am

As the internets most famous Lurker with no artistic talent at all. I have watched many simular events happening here and on other sites so my only advice is unless you know both sides of the story don't judge!

Posted on: 18 06 06 06:15 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Most of the time a newbie comes in, isn't happy about something or someone and starts be rude or tries to pick a fight. They get a warning, generally the warning is ignored, and then they get the boot.

Or the member breaks one of the site rules. Gets a PM reminding them about the rule, generally this relates to the galleries posting policy. And then they argue over and over in some cases even resorting to petty insults. And then they get banned.

Or the member is under aged and feels that they should be the exception to the rule for one reason or another. Every time we have banned a member for being under aged, we have told them once you turn 18 you can sign up again if you stay off the site and don't act like a child for being kicked off. Each and every time the under aged person has sent a barrage of e-mails insulting the moderator that has banned them. Thus putting them on the permanent ban list.

Other common situations have been the persons first few posts have been personal attacks against either a member or a group of members or even the site. They make a few posts get a warning then get the boot.

Every once in awhile it gets more complicated then that and actually 2 sides to the story but the complicated bannings are few and far between 90% of the time the people banned all posts are made public, they get deleted shortly after the person was banned. I can only think of 3 bannings that were more complicated then the reasons above. And in each of those 3 bannings the person that was banned made up many different conspiracy theories as to why they were banned.

I have probably been the one to ban most of the people you are talking about, though I think Jr. is catching up. I have been doing this the longest out of the current active Moderator staff and am here most of the time. So I just get to be the lucky one to deal with these guys. Those are the reasons why, not very exiciting actually. We talk about most of the troublemakers well in advace of their bannings as well. if you get a warning from one moderator or herald, all the moderators and/or heralds know about it. So it makes it faster and easier when dealing with these sort of situations.

But as BB always puts it, this is our home and you are all our welcome guests here, if you step out of line or shit on the rug. We are going to do what anyone would do if they did that in their home and kick the bum out.

Posted on: 18 06 06 10:42 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Arch Nemesis
Level : 32; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 789
MP : 482 / 47131
To Current and Future Bung-Holers:
This is a good site but not (thank goodness) a democracy. I have been able to survive here by insulting no more than 2 (two) Modrators (MODs) a month - so I spread it around. I pick fights with people I like and like to fight back (like Wasmith). It's not hard.
My pet peevs are: flooding the Gallery {regardless of the posting limit - be respectful of your 60+ fellow artists); and stalker/snipers who ruined the ratings system (if you have the "courage" to rate a pic as a 1.0, say why).
And by the way WH, since I haven't picked a fight - your early maya (oops! I mean poser) sucks (but I think you're now one of the best!)
-MsV

Posted on: 18 06 06 11:35 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Quote:

MissVee wrote:
And by the way WH, since I haven't picked a fight - your early maya (oops! I mean poser) sucks (but I think you're now one of the best!)
-MsV

MissVee... see that is why you don't get the boot... you don't know how to pick a fight. You can't say "you suck" and "your the best" in the same sentence. sheesh...

To whom ever wrote this.... why don't you mind your own business? I really enjoy booting people... and it seems that you are not man enough to log in to do the talking.

See Vee... that is how you start a fight.

But I kid. It is a good observation and should be required reading...Plain and simple..."do not piss off a mod!" And unlike BB... if you come in my house and shit on the rug, I will first rub your nose in it... and then kick you out. And there would be some unpleasant things that happened between the rug and the door.

Quote:
nolongerlurker wrote:
As the internets most famous Lurker with no artistic talent at all. I have watched many simular events happening here and on other sites so my only advice is unless you know both sides of the story don't judge!

Great advise from someone that only has two comments. My only advice... stay a Lurker. This has nothing to do with members judging other members... it has to do with being an idiot and pissing off the mods... and since this is our house... we are the judge and jury...and executioner.
And... this probably isn't the place... but your (nolongerlurker) comment on BioHaz's image in the art gallery was just plain ole being a dick. He didn't draw it for you, so don't comment on it like he did.

-nuff said.

Posted on: 20 06 06 01:31 pm

From Canada
Hiya Jr, nice to have you here...

We now conclude the happy part of our program.........

Posted on: 20 06 06 05:46 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Do I sense a tone of sarcasm?

Posted on: 20 06 06 06:54 pm

From Canada
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
Do I sense a tone of sarcasm?

From me???

I would never ........

Posted on: 20 06 06 09:58 pm

Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64126
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
And unlike BB... if you come in my house and shit on the rug, I will first rub your nose in it... and then kick you out. And there would be some unpleasant things that happened between the rug and the door.

I let my actions speak in that regard.

'Cause I speak so much everywhere else!

Posted on: 21 06 06 07:26 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.