Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Calling all writers
Gold Member
From If you don't know by now don't ask!
Level : 29; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 705
MP : 369 / 40479
Hey Guys and gals, in an attempt to kick things up a notch I would like to get some suggestions from you, the writers, about what you would like to see happen with the Fan Fiction area. There are challengs that I would like to plan and I would like to hear what you think about them. One of them is a joint venture story where one writer writes 500 to 750 words and passes it on to the next writer who adds to the story and then passes it to the next one and so on and so on. I am also considering a challenge where all contestants are given the same basic outline and then everyone writes a story about it. the best one, determined by votes, wins. I look forward to hearing from all of you writers and please feel free to suggest ideas or pass along any spare money this way.

Posted on: 6 12 06 04:43 am
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Calling all writers
mutant
From The Golden State
Level : 12; EXP : 28
HP : 0 / 282
MP : 58 / 15663
I like those ideas.

Here's another one: similar to the HeroMorph Challenge every month, only we take a theme (not characters or universes) to write about.

Some possibilities include revenge, love, something funny, a challenge for those characters with secret identities, etc.

For example, here's a challenge I wrote for a couple years back. The subject was the true death of the Joker and how we would handle it.

Here's my take on it. Feel free to include it on the site if you wish (I still haven't figure out how to post this in the fan fiction section or how to add italics in this forum; the train of thought really needs it).

WARNING: ADULT LANGUAGE

BREAKING POINT

?All units, all units, shots fired in vicinity of historic Gotham Clocktower. Suspect believed to be the Joker, last seen escaping Arkham Asylum. Wanted in conjecture for over a hundred known murders. Suspect considered armed and extremely dangerous. Proceed with caution.?

12:13am, April 2nd

The phone rang and rang, a shrill harpy that woke Jim Gordon out of a sound sleep. He fumbled around for his glasses, knocking his half-finished glass of scotch onto the carpet. Shit! A quick twist and painful light stabbed into his eyes as he got his glasses on. Second-pair of eyes, that?s what Sarah always called them. O god, Sarah, I miss you so much.

He blinked back spots and glanced at the clock. Who calls at midnight? I ain?t on call anymore. I?m retired, dammit. He grabbed the phone, growling his displeasure. ?Gordon.? Awfully tense, are we, Jimmy boy?

?Commish??

?Bullock, this better be good.?

?Uh, I think you?d better?get down to the morgue. There?s, uh, something you need to, um, see.?

?Spit it out, Harvey. I?m not in the mood to play games, Lieutenant.?

?It?s, uh, Barbara.?

The phone dropped from nerveless fingers, smacking the carpet with a dull thud. James Gordon, former Gotham City Police Commissioner, clutched his heart as an aching pain spread from his chest. Barbara, o god, no, no, not Barbara, please not Barbara, it?s got to be a mistake, Harvey just made a mistake, not the morgue, not again?

1:27am, April 2nd

Detective Renee Montoya blinked back tears as she silently closed the door behind her. She took a deep breath, and turned to face Lieutenant Harvey Bullock, and her partner, Detective Crispus Allen. Both had looks of concern on their face that almost broke her heart. Put on a brave face, Montoya. Don?t let them see you cry. Be brave, girl.

?How is he?? Bullock asked his former partner.

?Not good. He?s been staring at the body for the past half hour, not moving?crying. I?ve, um, never?seen?him, o god!? Tears she tried to hold in burst down her face, as Bullock grabbed her and held her close. She smelled his cheap aftershave, the cigars he always smoked, everything that repulsed her the first time she met him, and cried into his chest, not caring what he smelled like. Why? Why does this happen to Jim? He?never deserved this.

Harvey Bullock felt his tears threaten to spill. This ain?t right, Commish. First your wife, now your daughter. Where?s your justice?

Detective Crispus Allen stared silently at the floor. ?Detective Allen?? A patrolman, one of Gotham?s finest, was behind him. ?The Batman delivered the Joker just a few moments ago. We?ve booked him and he?s down in lockup.?

?Thank you, Officer.? The patrolman left, having given his report. Allen turned to Bullock, still comforting Montoya. ?We got him. The Bat handed him over to us.?

Bullock nodded, and laid his cheek on Montoya?s head. ?We got him. It?s over. Shhhhh, it?s over.?

3:18am, April 2nd

The laughter hadn?t stopped for the past hour. Bullock glanced at the desk sergeant, who shrugged. ?It?s been like that since they brought him in.?

Bullock lit a cigar, ignoring the ?No Smoking? signs posted on the desk. ?How?d ya stand it??

The sergeant shrugged. ?Get used to it after a while. I just kinda tune it out.?

They paused, staring down the row of cells, listening to the maniacal laughter. It echoed off the bars, through the dimly lit holding cell, seemingly growing in pitch and tone as it approached the desk, until it arrived at Bullock?s ears, shattering them with the sound of insanity.

?Well, it looks like time for your break, officer.? Bullock turned to the desk sergeant, who nodded and rolled his chair back to stand. Allen appeared by the only door, and gave Bullock the thumbs up. Harvey glanced up at the security camera, and smiled when the red recording light died. He patted his coat and, taking a deep breath, headed down the cellblock.

A minute later, the laughter stopped?forever.

5:12am, April 2nd

?Dammit, officers, how the hell does someone enter this cellblock and kill my suspect without any fucking soul seeing it?? Bullock, Allen, and Montoya glanced as the coroner struggled to lift the Joker?s lifeless body. He had been shot in the forehead, and, ironically enough, wasn?t smiling. In fact, his trademark grin had been replaced with?fear?

The new Police Commissioner was livid, Bullock could tell. But Bullock didn?t give a shit. That?s for you, Commish. For Sarah and Barbara. For the hell he put you through. I sorry we didn?t have the balls to do it sooner.

8:11pm, April 13th

It was a Friday they buried him in an unmarked grave on the grounds of Arkham Asylum. The department made sure no one knew and few attended it. Comments made about how too good this was. Most of the GCPD drew attention to the funeral of Barbara Gordon, beloved daughter of James and Barbara Gordon. Bruce Wayne brought even more attention when he cast a single black rose onto her casket, with tears in his eyes, prompting the media to speculate on their relationship.

The Batman silently arrived, appearing out of the shadows and watched the coffin lowered into the ground. A coffin with a tracking device, should any rob the grave and claim the Joker was back. He stood, watching the grave, and no one could really tell what he thought.

The Joker, mastermind, murderer, criminal, and fiend, was dead.

And no one really cared.

END

Posted on: 6 12 06 06:49 am
?They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, for their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son.? ?Jor-El, Superman the Movie

Gold Member
I like those ideas, and will use some or all of them depending on participation. The easiest way to tll you how to post in fan fiction is click on the site. When you gt there, if you look under the fan fiction tab on the left there will be to sub catagories. Click on the submit news, that will take you to the spot that you can past your story in. works just likee posting a comment or a post in the forums. I hope this helps, if not PM me and I will try to help as much as I can.

Posted on: 6 12 06 07:21 pm
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34752
The best version of a pass-around story I ever read was when each writer would end their piece by placing the hero in an deadly situation that is impossible to escape from.

Then the next writer would have to start by finding a way for the hero to escape!

Posted on: 7 12 06 01:23 am

Gold Member
That is th best idea i have heard yet Chilly. I think that will be our first fan fiction challenge. Now all i have to do is find out hot to make the challenge and who wants in on it.

Posted on: 7 12 06 09:11 pm

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25885
I like chillyplasma's idea, I'm not much of a writer but I'd like to read what people come up with. And who knows, if someone put Supergirl in a deadly situation I might have to help her out

Posted on: 8 12 06 12:44 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.