Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

New Forum!
deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58584
Welcome to a whole new forum. We have called it Sketches because that?s basically what it?s about. In response to a growing need from our members to display and discuss their sketches in a more appropriate way than our Comic Art or Adult galleries allows. In this forum you can post image tags in a thread all your own to receive feedback on your sketches. It can be a single sketch, or a group, or even an entire sketchbook?s worth of images. You decide.

If you do not already have a site to host images you can sign up for an account for free at either www.ImageShack.com or www.PhotoBucket.com Our forums allows for the use of ubb code, so image tags are fairly simple. A tag should look like this [IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/Biohaz_Daddy/CBFA/Biohaz_dude-sig.gif[/IMG] with one exception. The [IMG] should be lower case. I used the upper case so you can see the code, otherwise all you would see is this.

A further explanation of ubb can be found here. http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/ubbcode.html

So before you begin posting your threads there are a few rules specific to this new forum you need to be aware of:
First off sketches will no longer be allowed in the Comic Art or Adult galleries. Those posted in the gallery already will be removed at the end of the Month (April 2007 in case you were wondering). Any new ones posted will be removed ASAP.

Adult content may not be posted using an image tag. You may however post a link to your image, as long as you use the topic prefix ?Warning: Adult Content?.

All other forum and site rules are applicable.

Now the last order of business is the name. Sketches while mostly accurate, is just boring, so we need you help in picking its name. As you can see at the top there is a poll with a few choices. Pick your favorite or make another suggestion by posting to this thread.

Posted on: 17 04 07 07:56 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: New Forum!
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85063
hot dog big daddy!!!

So your telling me we now have an exciting and easy way to post unfinished images for feedback and keep the normal galleries for finished art only!!!!

Well thats just fantastic!!

Golly Gee, This is the best thing to happen since they created the wheel!!

Posted on: 17 04 07 08:10 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64317
I have several artists in mind who should posting here.

You know who you are!

If'n I don't start to see some postin', there'll be some PM'n...

Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Golly Gee, This is the best thing to happen since they created the wheel!!

Nonsense. This is much bigger than that. Think fire...

Posted on: 17 04 07 08:19 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72347

Posted on: 18 04 07 05:30 am

Come on Pencilers, weigh in.

Posted on: 19 04 07 10:06 am

Dazed and Confused... mostly Confused
From usa
Level : 44; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 1087
MP : 1096 / 62811
I voted. And I know Jr voted. Unless weigh in means start posting art in the sketch forum. Then I gotta go diggin and shtuff.

Posted on: 19 04 07 11:10 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81950
Weigh in? Not me... I am fat!

Posted on: 20 04 07 08:25 am

Gold Member
From NW Iowa
Level : 17; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 417
MP : 119 / 21144
Cool.

What happens if we draw something for the comic gallery that isn't meant to have any color, though?

I'm not asking to sound like a jackass or anything, I'd just like to avoid complications because there are times when we'll draw something (drawn, inked, scanned, etc.) and consider it finished without having any color.

Some examples...

http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum3/photo.php?lid=3064
http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum3/photo.php?lid=2747

It would be nice to be able to display it somewhere that it's going to be seen by everyone in order to get a wider range of feedback. Are we no longer allowed to post these in the more frequented galleries, or do we need to make an addendum that it is, in fact, a finished image?

Plus, is the HFACG still going to be available for WIP drawings or is that off limits as well?

Again, this isn't meant to be aggravating or confrontational. I'm just looking for a clarification.

Oh, and thank God no one thought to call the new forum "The Doodle Den"...

Posted on: 22 04 07 07:17 pm

Quote:

JeffSon wrote:
Cool.

What happens if we draw something for the comic gallery that isn't meant to have any color, though?

I'm not asking to sound like a jackass or anything, I'd just like to avoid complications because there are times when we'll draw something (drawn, inked, scanned, etc.) and consider it finished without having any color.

The term finished drawing covers a wide range that includes images without color. As this is a concept new to HM this will take some time to get used. Using your examples, one of them is clearly a finished piece. Aside from the ink lines you have take the time to clean the image up to present it in it's best light possible. I would consider the second a sketch with a bit of post work. You clearly added some tone, and cleaned up the scan, but the line work is still in a rough state.

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to display it somewhere that it's going to be seen by everyone in order to get a wider range of feedback.

We understand this desire. It is the reason why we have created the new forum rather than summarily deleting sketches from the gallery.

Quote:
Are we no longer allowed to post these in the more frequented galleries, or do we need to make an addendum that it is, in fact, a finished image?

As long as you understand the difference between being finished, and a finished piece you may post those to the Comic Gallery without it being necessary to add a qualifier.

Quote:
Plus, is the HFACG still going to be available for WIP drawings or is that off limits as well?

If such a place existed (which it doesn't) I am sure it would operate as it always did. (which it can't since it doesn't exist)

Quote:
Again, this isn't meant to be aggravating or confrontational. I'm just looking for a clarification.

This is all new to everyone so you needn't worry about that. In fact you do a service for our pencilers by asking these questions in an open forum.

Quote:
Oh, and thank God no one thought to call the new forum "The Doodle Den"...
I like that one

Posted on: 23 04 07 05:30 am

Gold Member
From NW Iowa
Level : 17; EXP : 68
MP : 119 / 21144
Thanks for clearing that up.

:D

Posted on: 23 04 07 08:10 pm

superhero
From Toronto, ON
Level : 17; EXP : 70
MP : 120 / 20857
I would like to suggest the name Graphite Graphics for the new forum.

Posted on: 26 04 07 07:38 am

Sketches
I am going to start going through the Comic Art Gallery to remove the images that are either considered sketches, or are identified as sketches by the artist.

To clarify what the difference between a sketch and a finished pencil drawing even more I have posted the following examples and explanations:

Finished Pencils

Clean lines and scans are the main difference between finished drawings and sketches. We will allow sketchy like lines "if" as in the next few examples, you have cleaned up your scan enough for it to be presentable.

Sketches and Doodles

Below we have partial examples of what constitutes a sketch. The first example shows a drawing where neither the lines nor the scan were cleaned up prior to posting. The second example shows visible drawing structure lines. The third was drawn on lined paper. Examples 4 and 5 show how paper can look on an uncleaned scan.

Heromorph encourages all our pencilers to post your own threads in the Lead Poisoning Forum.

Posted on: 6 05 07 06:16 am

Topic is Locked

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.