Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Good Smallville News Everyone
Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25885

That's right folks. It's official. After a season 3 semi guest appearance cousin KARA is finally coming to the CW's Smallville series starting in the season opening. Here is what TVguide.com revealed earlier today:

Exclusive: Supergirl Soars Into Smallville

Tom Welling in Smallville by Michael Courtney/The CWLook, up in the sky: It?s a bird? It?s a plane? It?s Supergirl?! When Smallville returns for its seventh season this fall it will be revealed that Clark Kent (Tom Welling) is not the only member of his family to survive the destruction of the planet Krypton.

His cousin Kara ?was sent to Earth in a ship that arrived at the same time as baby Kal-El?s,? reveals executive producer Al Gough, referring to Clark by his Kryptonian name. ?But there was a problem and she?s been in suspended animation for the last 16 years. We?ll find out in the season premiere that the big dam break in last season?s finale is the reason she?s finally awoken.?

Gough says this latest visitor from the DC Comics universe ?will help Clark get in touch with his Kryptonian roots. With his [adopted] father dead and his [adopted] mother moved to Washington [to become a U.S. Senator], and Lana blown up, suddenly there?s some family in his life.?Like her cousin, Kara will have enhanced physical abilities generated by Earth?s yellow sun.

?She has all of Clark?s powers and a couple he doesn?t have yet,? Gough teases. ?She can fly. And her response when Clark asks why is ?obviously girls mature faster than boys.??Kara, a teenager when Krypton exploded, was sent to Earth by her father, Zor-El (Kal-El?s uncle), to look after her younger cousin. But while in suspended animation she didn?t age and now it?s Clark who must be the mentor.

?She becomes enamored with our culture: clothes and iPods and stuff,? Gough says. ?We?ll have a lot of fun as she gets acclimated.?Kara makes her debut in the season premiere of the CW drama and will appear in about half of this season?s episodes. A casting notice is set to go out shortly, and producers hope to unveil their new addition at July?s Comic-Con International in San Diego. ?Rich Sands

No doubt there will be some people out there that think that this a bad idea, ma

Posted on: 13 06 07 07:07 pm

Re: Good Smallville News Everyone
The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 48
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3750 / 97778
Way Cool ,
I heard this story this morning on the way in to work on the radio when a couple DJ's were disgussing it!

Posted on: 13 06 07 08:13 pm

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51479
I think it's a great idea. They sure need some new characters in the show. I hope that Lana is really blown up, I have about had it with her. They have certainly done all they can possibly do with her character. They need to get Clark and Lois going on some kind of relationship. But hopefully Chloe is going to be OK. What kind of silly meteor power is it that lets you bring someone back to life but you die in the process? Really useful.

I heard that Michael Rosenbaum was not returning? How can we have this show without Lex Luthor?

Finally, Clark needs to hurry up and become the big boy scout, he's certainly friggin' old enough. I think WB really messed up, they should have had Smallville run it's course and then let Tom Welling play Superman in a movie.

Posted on: 14 06 07 01:50 pm

Helen Slater cameo, just keeps getting better

http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4569

Posted on: 15 06 07 01:13 am

i think it's cool....but the way things are going clark won't become supes untill he's in his 30's by then kara will be superwoman not supergirl...and in the comics clark shows her hoe to use her powers but here she has more powers wut up with that..also lex will be back he and the rest of the cast signed on for 7 seasons....i think with kara showing up the show will end next year and there will be spinoff

Posted on: 15 06 07 04:51 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Out with the old....
superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24298
Quote:

I hope that Lana is really blown up

I saw that episode and I don't mean to be a downer but, it looked to me like she set up the explosion to trick lex into not looking for her. Although, I don't really think they would bring her back immediately ( they did that once already). I think her "death(?)" will last a couple seasons.

Posted on: 30 06 07 12:15 pm
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24298
Quote:

voltron2000 wrote:
...and in the comics clark shows her hoe to use her powers but here she has more powers wut up with that..

Clack can't use his flying ability 'cuz he rejects his Kryptonian heratage. Did any one else see him take off and board a plane when he thought he was just Kal-el?
It has actually been shown many times in various media, if you reject your powers, you can't use them very well.

Posted on: 30 06 07 12:21 pm
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 76
HP : 0 / 94
MP : 12 / 4714
This sounds like good news. God, I hope lana is out for a while. I agree with the above...she was highly annoying. But how long are they going to wait before he gets to become superman?

Posted on: 2 07 07 08:35 pm

mutant
Level : 13; EXP : 18
HP : 0 / 304
MP : 66 / 17227
Even though they've broken the rule a couple times, they are still gonna stick to no flights, no tights for Clark.

I'd like to see Clark start working on separating his personalities. Shy, stumbling, nobody Clark...reporter, (what happened to journalism school) and supremely confident Supes. He just attracts too much attention to himself as a hero. Lex(and just about everyone else) has suspected him since season 1. He's not very good at the secret identity thing.

With the identities separate, they could keep the rule...no flights or tights for Clark...but Superman is a different person.

Posted on: 3 07 07 04:46 am

People magazine broke the news earlier this week that Laura Vandervoot will be flying onto the SMALLVILLE set as SUPERGIRL starting with the season 7 premiere. Check out the complete article!!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20045784,00.html

Posted on: 13 07 07 01:55 am

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50641
Mmmmm, not bad at all...

Posted on: 21 07 07 08:33 am

Gold Member
From West by Northwest
Level : 5; EXP : 27
HP : 0 / 106
MP : 14 / 5775
Here's a HQ version of that same image.

It would be incredible to see her in the latest bare-midriff version of SG comic book costume. (Hint, hint)

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lauravandervoortpromoshur7.jpg

Shadar

Posted on: 22 07 07 02:41 pm

Few new things, (maybe new if you have heard about it already)
Dean Cain will guest star in episode 4 as Dr. Curtis Knox
Helen Slater will guest star in episode 6 as Lara

And finally

Not sure if this is the official poster but still thought it looked cool

Posted on: 11 08 07 05:36 pm

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406
Quote:

Alex wrote:
Few new things, (maybe new if you have heard about it already)
Dean Cain will guest star in episode 4 as Dr. Curtis Knox
Helen Slater will guest star in episode 6 as Lara

And finally

Not sure if this is the official poster but still thought it looked cool

You can't use an image from your hard drive as an image tag. Try hosting the image at www.photobucket.com

Posted on: 12 08 07 07:20 am

Hellfire Club Member
From Montreal
Level : 17; EXP : 14
HP : 0 / 403
MP : 112 / 21955
Last I read on Comics2Film is that Supergirl will actually be Clark's real mom played by the woman who played Supergirl in the lackluster movie of the same name...

Posted on: 12 08 07 12:50 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Quote:

contentKILLER wrote:
Last I read on Comics2Film is that Supergirl will actually be Clark's real mom played by the woman who played Supergirl in the lackluster movie of the same name...

Don't believe everything you read at C2F.

Posted on: 13 08 07 02:14 pm

Posted on: 11 09 07 02:26 pm

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51479
There is no good Smallville news. Because Lana survived the explosion. Good God haven't they squeezed just about every bland, sad or poignant look outta Kristen Kreuk by now? Talk about a pointless character.

But if someone says cutie pie Chloe is back, I'll smile.

Posted on: 13 09 07 08:35 am

Bad news for Chloe is that she is pronounced dead in the frist episode but comes back to life, somehow

Posted on: 14 09 07 11:17 pm

Gold Member
Level : 15; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 351
MP : 86 / 18350
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
Quote:

contentKILLER wrote:

Don't believe everything you read at C2F.

In this case, they are of course correct.

Helen Slater will indeed be portraying Lara, Supergirl's aunt and Clark's mother.

Posted on: 15 09 07 08:29 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.