Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Commisions for the site.
web master
From Canada
Level : 11; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 268
MP : 53 / 13040
As a lot of you know here at Heromorph we like to support our own. As we have various contests we in the past have offered commission work from a few of the artists that are members here.

We are looking to find out what some of the artists that would be willing to do paid commission work as prizes for various contests that we run here at heromorph and we also want to know what your rates for 1 or 2 character images with a simple background will be.

In the past with many of our contests we have given the winning artist a list of thing to pick from for prizes, each time our winners have chosen commissions from artists as their prizes. If you are an artist that is willing to do this. you would receive an message confirming that you are available before the ending of the event to do the image. If you are available, your name will be included on the list of options for prizes.

Heromorph pays the bill and the winner decides what you make.

If this sound like something you would be interested in doing please PM this account or reply to this post with your pricing.

Thank you.

Posted on: 2 09 07 04:14 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Commisions for the site.
Supreme being
From Woodstock, Ontario,Canada.
Level : 20; EXP : 84
HP : 0 / 496
MP : 170 / 25982
Hfff....this is damned tempting, I'll tell you that. But to be honest, I don't know a damned thing about commission work.

Posted on: 5 09 07 11:13 pm

web master
From Canada
well think of commision work like doing requests. except you get paid

truthfully, the heromorph situation is different then most. Heromorph and you come to an agreement. wether it be the cost of a single character with a simple background or double characters.

then the winner of the contest will pick an artist from a list and Heromorph will pay you (if they pick you as the prize) The contest winner then tells you what character and/or characters they would like.

If the contest winner wants anything past what Heromorph has already paid for that is between yourself and the contest winner.

Posted on: 7 09 07 11:24 am

vigilante
Level : 4; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 75
MP : 9 / 4517
I've got nothing going on right now, and I'd love to donate some time to help out the site. I normally charge next to nothing, but I'd gladly offer some free comissions for prizes. that is if anybody would want any of my comissions.

Posted on: 10 09 07 12:10 pm

superhero
From Gotham City
Level : 17; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 424
MP : 124 / 25185
I'd like to do commission work.

Posted on: 10 09 07 12:22 pm

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43550
First. let me start by saying.... holy cow!!! Second, I would be honored to be on the list. As far as pricing goes, for me it's pretty standard....I'm not entirely picky, but I also really have no idea. So I suppose I'll just go with the common average among other commissioned artists.....

Thank you for inviting me to the list.

Posted on: 13 09 07 02:07 pm

Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51479
Quote:
I suppose I'll just go with the common average among other commissioned artists.....

And what might that be, pray tell? A PM with sample rates would be welcome. I have had several requests but have no idea what to charge.

Posted on: 14 09 07 07:01 am

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54599
Quote:

Wasmith wrote:
And what might that be, pray tell? A PM with sample rates would be welcome.

That's a great ideia. I would like to know a little more about it.

Posted on: 14 09 07 11:41 am

web master
From Canada
Quote:

Wasmith wrote:
Quote:
I suppose I'll just go with the common average among other commissioned artists.....

And what might that be, pray tell? A PM with sample rates would be welcome. I have had several requests but have no idea what to charge.

Quote:

OCP wrote:
Quote:

Wasmith wrote:
And what might that be, pray tell? A PM with sample rates would be welcome.

That's a great ideia. I would like to know a little more about it.

I am not sure how to respond.
We have had a number of people reply to this via PM with rates.
Each one is different. We have had some people that are asking twice that of what we paid Shade when he was doing this for us. Obviously these people have priced themselves out of work for the site.
In other cases a few of the artists have advised us that because we are Heromorph they would be willing to donate their time to us since we are a non-profit web-site. Others have advised us that they are giving us a reduced rate.
Now normally an artist will charge commission prices based on their time and the demand for their work. So I don?t really know what an average price would be as there doesn?t seem to be one. Also different styles of art cost different, some of the artists that manip/draw/color/3d charge different amounts for different mediums that they use.
So really you artists need to sit down and decide how much your time and effort would be worth, and then decide how much you would like to charge the site for your time and please PM this account with those rates.

Posted on: 14 09 07 01:14 pm

Firstly, I never charge for my work, as I just adore to see people happy, and for someone to want/request my work in the first place is honour enough and a great challenge and experience, so I feel no need to charge as the payment for me is the buzz i get from doing it. (Plus I just simply LOVE it here at HM, and like others have said would just be mega happy to help out my fave site for free anyway! you know..give a little back for all the fun and awesome art the site and its members have given me.)

Anyway...back on topic... just out of interest and curiosity after reading this thread, I trauled the net looking to compare prices of various 3d artists ( of poser etc ) ... and I found that if you are a top ranked artist you would generally seem to ask for ?5 - ?10 per digital image, or if commisioned to do a print that is shipped nationaly it's roughly ?15 - ?20 (average)
( BTW ... 1 GBP = roughly 2 USD
2 AUD
2 CAD
1.5 EUR
Just for those of you wondering what the conversion rate from ? to $ is. :) )

I know that for my own "2d/graphite" tattoo creations last year I was once offered ?10 per flash sheet. (which i turned down for the same reasons as above. :) )

Sorry, I have no clue what a "Manip" artist would charge, I'm sure some of the other members could enlighten us on that one.

I hope this helps a little.

Posted on: 25 10 07 06:45 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
If anyone likes..I would offer my services as a penciler. I have done some commission work before [although never for comic art] mostly portrait work so I really have no idea what the going rate for comic pencils is..although I'm sure a reasonable settlement can be agreed upon. I suppose I'll just wait until or if I am contacted to discuss the particulars.

Posted on: 30 10 07 07:13 pm

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24298
I would like to try this, but first I need to get my own computer and scanner.... unless I could mail this stuff somewhere? Like Starchild I am pencil only, just nowhere near his skill. Maybe a happy medium between him an Darthpaul (I know that's a very wide range, but they are the only pencilers that come to mind right now.) I'll try to get to a scanner in a couple of weeks so you can see, but I have no guarentees.

Posted on: 2 11 07 03:08 pm
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

Hellfire Club Member
From The Muggy Depths of Amerika
Level : 19; EXP : 3
HP : 0 / 450
MP : 139 / 22422
well, my main issue with commissions, is that it has to be interesting to me, and it has to be doable....

sooo. yes, if anyone actually wants to PAY for my art, send me a pm. if you all just want something, that one day, sometime soon, i might get around to....well, pm me too.

(IE: requests are a low priortity, but their free, while commissions are a high priortity, but their not free.)

if you do want a commission, unless its buggering hell difficult, i wont charge more then 10 dollars.

>.>

Posted on: 17 12 07 06:32 pm

I be all Zen and shit.

superhero
From the Shadow World
I agree, must be interesting and it might take a while to do. I like challenges, but if it's too difficult it'll never get done. So I would probably be priced low as well, mainly for the time delay.

Posted on: 18 12 07 12:10 pm
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 2
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 32
I am looking to Commission five action pictures for my team of superheroes I created. One for each character. I was pointed towards this site as a way to get this done.
if you are interested in doing the work email me forge42@yahoo.com

Posted on: 18 12 07 01:18 pm

web master
From Canada
This thread is about people that would like to do commissions for the site and to ask them to pm this account with their rates.
If this account does not receive a PM with rates that we find acceptable, you will not be added as an option for prizes to various contests/challenges that the site has.

If you are an artist that wants to does commission work in general please start a new thread to show the public your rates an availability and/or contact info.

If you are looking for people to do commission work for you, start a new thread with your request/requests

Thank you

Posted on: 18 12 07 01:42 pm

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50648
My bad, I linked TheForge to this thread.

That's right. You can blame Dar.

Posted on: 18 12 07 01:50 pm

web master
From Canada
Quote:

Daruma wrote:
My bad, I linked TheForge to this thread.

That's right. You can blame Dar.

this thread is also not about giving it to Dar. That is what the rest of the site is about.

This thread is about people that would like to do commissions for the site and to ask them to pm this account with their rates.

If you are Daruma, and want to be Blamed please go to the shoutbox and admit your shame.

Posted on: 18 12 07 01:54 pm

sidekick
Level : 7; EXP : 65
HP : 0 / 166
MP : 25 / 7998
Comissions,

i can offer to do some stuff like..!

Developing characters
some pin ups
horror
science fiction
or comic sequences...

we can talk about rates later ...first we can talk about what kind of work is it!!!

if want to see some more treads made by me
mail me at:

pesseto@hotmail.com

my best regards to you all...

Raz

Posted on: 27 12 07 12:55 pm

superhero
From the Shadow World
Okay, how about 5 bucks (b&w)or 10 (color/shaded), or the barter system.
I do drawings and stories, mostly DC characters but I can do Marvel too. Other comics are a hit and miss kind of thing.
Please be advised that I hate research and love my artistic license.

Posted on: 28 12 07 06:44 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.