Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

peoblems with the site?
Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60128
Hello moderators... Just want to ask you if something's wrong with the site, becuase sometimes I can't even load the page's site, this happened (to me) twice and it happened in the afternoon until the next day, is this normal?

thanks

DK

Posted on: 19 08 07 10:03 am

Re: peoblems with the site?
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Hey Bud,

No this isn't normal. Something is going on with our web host. The server guys said that they are trying to fix the issue but are unsure as to why it is happening. I am not sure what is going on. the server that our site is on is fine but the apache server that connects the site to the net keeps screwing up and not allowing the site to be accessed. the strange part is that we still have ftp and admin access to the server when this occurs but until they physically reboot their apache server the site remains off.

They have told me multiple times "they are monitoring it, and it will not happen again" but truthfully I do not believe them.

Posted on: 19 08 07 11:35 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Your Reality Credit Card
Level : 26; EXP : 68
HP : 0 / 642
MP : 297 / 34752
I've noticed over the past few weeks that connecting over the weekends (especially mid Friday to mid Sunday) is extremely difficult.

Trying to get tech support on the weekend is a bitch, they don't want to go into work and reboot servers on their day off. I agree, it will happen again.

Posted on: 21 08 07 02:33 pm

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47830
Quote:

chillyplasma wrote:
I've noticed over the past few weeks that connecting over the weekends (especially mid Friday to mid Sunday) is extremely difficult.

Trying to get tech support on the weekend is a bitch, they don't want to go into work and reboot servers on their day off. I agree, it will happen again.

I second what chilly's saying. I've also had these problems connecting on the weekends. Not sure why that is unless it's because traffic to the site is higher on weekends which makes sense.

Posted on: 21 08 07 04:15 pm

web master
From Canada
Level : 11; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 268
MP : 53 / 13038
We have recieved this e-mail from our web hosts. service at heromorph may be slow.

Quote:
Dear Customer, Please be advised that we will be performing scheduled network maintenance this Friday, August 24th 2007. This maintenance is necessary to upgrade the IOS on the switch fabric located in our Vancouver Data Center. Your network connectivity will drop for up to 15 minutes during this maintenance. You may also notice brief periods of latency and packet loss throughout this maintenance window. For most clients this network maintenance work will have little noticeable impact. As this type of work is routine we anticipate no issues other that those already stated.

Posted on: 22 08 07 11:42 pm

vigilante
From In The Groove
Level : 4; EXP : 59
HP : 0 / 89
MP : 11 / 4336
To moderators: I love the site! I joined last night and posted 3 images before I read the posting guidelines.(WHOOPS!) After reading the guidelines I didn't see a specific digital art
(non-photomanip) section so I re-posted the 3 images to the Heromorph gallery under the various appropriate sections.

Is there a time-frame when the art becomes viewable on the site?

Posted on: 19 09 07 12:53 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Quote:

brimax wrote:
To moderators: I love the site! I joined last night and posted 3 images before I read the posting guidelines.(WHOOPS!) After reading the guidelines I didn't see a specific digital art
(non-photomanip) section so I re-posted the 3 images to the Heromorph gallery under the various appropriate sections.

Is there a time-frame when the art becomes viewable on the site?

Since you are new you go into a queue. Once the moderator of that particular gallery deems your stuff ready to go... it goes. So, it can be as quick as a few minutes... if someone is here to do it, or a few days. However, once you have proved that you aren't going to be an "over-poster" and post in the correct gallery, you will then be given clearance to instantly upload an image. So basically, read the posting policy and don't be an idiot and you get instant uploads.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Posted on: 19 09 07 01:36 pm

NooB
Level : 1; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 0
MP : 0 / 0
I can't dowlod the free dowlaload. why ?

Posted on: 23 11 07 12:49 am

superhero
From the Shadow World
Level : 20; EXP : 50
HP : 0 / 487
MP : 164 / 24298
I have been trying to post an image that seems to be under the size limit (about 1800x1900) and under the file size limit (about 165mb) but it won't post! I have tried 3, count them, 3 time to post this image! the other 2 after it posted. Any idea why this one won't?

ty to everyone who's been so helpful with trying to solve this problem thus far.

Posted on: 23 11 07 06:34 am
No system is perfect. All institutions are corrupt and all future institutions will become corrupt eventually. The imperfection is inherent and cannot be fixed or removed. The imperfection is humanity.

vigilante
Level : 1; EXP : 10
HP : 0 / 2
MP : 1 / 159
I've been a member for years, and suddenly I can't access the members gallery, it doesn't even come up as an option on the side any more. Is this by design? Will it be back?

Thanks

Posted on: 14 12 07 02:47 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:

L0B0 wrote:
I've been a member for years, and suddenly I can't access the members gallery, it doesn't even come up as an option on the side any more. Is this by design? Will it be back?

Thanks

I take it you did not see the thread at the top of the forum, or on the top of the home page that had red bold letters saying "Announcement - please read." or the message that is on the log in page.

anyway here is a link http://heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1996&forum=1

Posted on: 14 12 07 08:06 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.